Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
StuckInTheTower
Settled in Forks

Re: Sulpicia, Athenodora and Didyme

Post by StuckInTheTower »

Hmmm... ... I think they courted their husbands the old fashioned way with wit ,dancing and well ,you get the idea.
I did research as well and I think that you know that one of the Sulpicia wrote poems to her lover,Cerinthus.Cerinthus,is believed by researchers to be a psuedonyme.Maybe she courted Aro with her wit.
Athenodora.I suppose you have heard about famous persons which consulted with their wives over business matters(or vampire wars)in private but they can't go out and speak their advice in public.Cosidering how Caius is,this might be possible.
Didyme.I haven't research her yet.Give me time. :D
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

StuckInTheTower wrote:Hmmm... ... I think they courted their husbands the old fashioned way with wit ,dancing and well ,you get the idea.
I did research as well and I think that you know that one of the Sulpicia wrote poems to her lover,Cerinthus.Cerinthus,is believed by researchers to be a psuedonyme.Maybe she courted Aro with her wit.
Athenodora.I suppose you have heard about famous persons which consulted with their wives over business matters(or vampire wars)in private but they can't go out and speak their advice in public.Cosidering how Caius is,this might be possible.
I liked what you said about Sulpicia, as if she were the real one from ancient Rome and she wrote love poems for a vampire, he turned her and she dissappeared from history..that would make for a cool story :)

and yeah i was wondering about how the wives would have been chosen/courted. I originally assumed all the wives would have special traits for the men to have turned them, It seems silly that the volturri would be interested in anything else...but maybe they have "powers" more like rosalie, they could be incredibly beautiful or an example of what was considered incredibly beautiful at the time...usually marriage back then was only done for position but I doubt that mattered to the volturri too much, and im sure you would be more careful in your selection if you knew you had to spend eternity with them. we don't know around what time period the last 2 wives were changed do we?
StuckInTheTower
Settled in Forks

If Aro was romantic then......Probably still is but not as much.I consider writing a story or two from Sulpicia and Aro's point of view.Book 1 I'm going to call "Over the Zenith" in this case the sun being in the highest point of the sky.Book 2 I'm going to call "Love Evensong".It's pretty off topic but tell me what you think.
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

StuckInTheTower wrote:If Aro was romantic then......Probably still is but not as much.I consider writing a story or two from Sulpicia and Aro's point of view.Book 1 I'm going to call "Over the Zenith" in this case the sun being in the highest point of the sky.Book 2 I'm going to call "Love Evensong".It's pretty off topic but tell me what you think.
hmm it would be really interesting from sulpicas POV plus we know nothing about her so you could basically have free reign and not feel like you were changing anything :)
StuckInTheTower
Settled in Forks

That is true but I'm not the sort that makes up that much umm...crap information that changes Stephenie Meyer's story cause I know how it feels like when someone changes your story so much,it isn't yours anymore and you can't help but feel a bit hurt that somewhere,thanks to that someone ruining your story,they hate the plot which is actually not yours.
Anyway,can somebody tell me more about Didyme's namesake.I'm not having much luck because what I get in return is a flood load of Didyme from Twilight.
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

uhm...isn't that an inherent danger in writing fanfic anyways? but yeah I was just pointing out that bc we know so little about the volturi wives its almost safer to write about them in a way...eh I dunno how to explain.
I spent forever looking up didyme info btw and I couldn't find much, I posted what I found already but it wasn't much. maybe someone else will come up with something, good luck!
StuckInTheTower
Settled in Forks

I never write fanfics.No.1,I am under thirteen and age I don't intend to fake.No.2,if I did there will be a chance people will persuade me to write more and that might encourage me,but I feel like I am suppose to meet a deadline.
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

Ifeellikerain wrote:
StuckInTheTower wrote:Hmmm... ... I think they courted their husbands the old fashioned way with wit ,dancing and well ,you get the idea.
I liked what you said about Sulpicia, as if she were the real one from ancient Rome and she wrote love poems for a vampire, he turned her and she dissappeared from history..that would make for a cool story :)

and yeah i was wondering about how the wives would have been chosen/courted. I originally assumed all the wives would have special traits for the men to have turned them, It seems silly that the volturri would be interested in anything else...but maybe they have "powers" more like rosalie, they could be incredibly beautiful or an example of what was considered incredibly beautiful at the time...usually marriage back then was only done for position but I doubt that mattered to the volturri too much, and im sure you would be more careful in your selection if you knew you had to spend eternity with them. we don't know around what time period the last 2 wives were changed do we?
The Volturi didn't change Sulpicia and Athenodora, did they? I thought Carlisle said that there was 3 members of The Volturi, then another two joined in time... i thought that were the wives.
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

DumBumm wrote:
The Volturi didn't change Sulpicia and Athenodora, did they? I thought Carlisle said that there was 3 members of The Volturi, then another two joined in time... i thought that were the wives.
hmm i think you are right. i guess we were just assuming bc usually vampires change their mates and it seemed like something the volturi would do but i guess we dont know for sure.
StuckInTheTower
Settled in Forks

Ifeellikerain wrote:
DumBumm wrote:
hmm i think you are right. i guess we were just assuming bc usually vampires change their mates and it seemed like something the volturi would do but i guess we dont know for sure.
Hmm......Actually,I still think that that is a possibility but I prefer not to think that they changed their mates.There was one part where Carlisle said that they love their rules too much to break them.