Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Billy Black

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss all the things you've wondered about our favorite tribal elder Billy Black.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Billy Black

Post by spookybell »

Please... please... please... someone tell me why Billy is in the wheelchair. I can't remember ever reading that part and it has been driving me nuts!

---Okay nevermind---- I finally found my answer. I'd delete this if I could.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
kvampireloverr
Settled in Forks

Post by kvampireloverr »

I wanted to see so much more of Billy in BD.Not just stuck in La Push and away from Forks were the action is at.I always liked Billy i loved his presence and the magical touch in his voice,I see him as a vey wise man, that has always been trought a lot, having to raise kids and then ending up in a wheelchair, having to worry about his son.It would've been nice to have seen more of him
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

I am almost 100% sure Billy is in a wheelchair due to diabetes. (?) Correct me if I'm wrong ;)
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

I personally love Billy. I think he is such a great character. I find him to be very sincere, yet slightly mysterious. I don't think La Push would be right without him.

I find myself wondering how he is so sure of the legends in Twilight. I wonder if he ever actually saw Ephraim transform.

I wish we could get inside Billy's head a bit more throughout the series. I particularly miss him in Breaking Dawn.
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Before Edward left, I did not like Billy. He was so cold toward Bella and Edward, and I didn't like him for that. I started to like him more in NM because he was kinder to Bella after Edward left, but I didn't like the reason that he was being nicer (the lack of Edward). When Edward returned, and the wolves and the vampires made their sort of peace, I started to really like him. He was nicer and understanding, and just much cooler. I always feel bad for him, though. Overall, he's pretty cool. :)
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

Billy Rocks!

I love his sense of hummor! Plus he is very trusting towards Jacob!

In the begining he was kinda annoying but i understand where he was coming from. He wanted to protect Bella.

I would love to see a scece of him and charlie fishing! i bet that would be entertaining. Them gossiping like old ladies lol.
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

I agree in Twilight I didn't like him all that much. I thought he was getting in the way of Bella and Edward from getting together. But in New Moon I got to see a different side of him. We find out all the things he knows, has to be in charge of, and knowing your son will be a werewolf. I like how after Edward left and Bella started hanging out he just accepted it. I like his relationship with his son. They are very trusting to each other and have a strong relationship.
I too wish he would have had more involvement in the other books (Breaking Dawn).
But I like him, especially since he gave us Jacob!
ImageImage
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

I found him annoying at first, because he was getting in Bella's way, but now I really like him, as I've realized he was only doing what he thought was right.

I feel bad for him, though. I'm pretty sure SMeyer mentioned in an interview that Billy was a little attracted to Sue and irked (or maybe just depressed as heck) when Charlie and Sue got together. Sue would be great for Jacob and Billy, and Charlie was a fairly good-looking happy-go-lucky guy with two legs, a granddaughter, and a full-time job.

I think it was unfair how some people got perfect endings (that seemed kind of contrived) and others had nothing at all (as though it were purposefully— and as a hasty decision— snatched from them).
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Ellie Ibis
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Ellie Ibis »

Billy Black with his warnings about the Cullens in the first novel reminded me vaguely of all the cliched Native American seers in B-movies who warn the main character about things they should/shouldn't do ("Kill the boy, or one sister kills the other"). Of course, in the B-movies when they aren't obeyed, the main characters normally end up dead... Although Bella is now undead so I suppose that must count for something.

I wish we got to see more of him in the books, especially since out of all the characters we was closest to the last patch of werewolves. It would have been interesting to see how much he knew about werewolves before Sam and the lot began to turn.

Kudos to anyone who knows what movie the quote I used is from, btw.
the cops & the kids & the cats & the robbers
& the stolen moments from the out of tune guitars