Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Jasper Hale

Post by *Bloodlust* »

Auctorita wrote:Jasper is pretty awesome. I felt so sorry for him i Breaking Dawn when him and Alice return and everyone is like "Alice!". They completely ignore Jasper. Was it just me or did he suddenly become such a minor character in BD after Bella notices all his scars?
Maybe they don't ignore Jasper and we just don't get to read the happiness that followed his return, or maybe you're right and everyone was more focused on Alice. But wait...wasn't there something about Jasper sitting between Esme and Alice and was in the center of attention? We know he doesn't like attention and uh...this just got too confusing.

I love Jasper's character. I love that he's so calm and calming. Also, throughout the series, he seems to be Alice's lapdog. She's always saying something like, "Jasper's doing this." "Jasper's getting that." haha love it.

Quick question: In Breaking Dawn when Jasper appears at Bella's window to calm her about Edward's bachelor party, was he hanging on to the window seal, hovering[I know he can't], or what? That REALLY confused me.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

Haha, I have so much Jasper fangirl love!
My favorite male character BY A MILE!
brunetterebel010 wrote:Yes, Jasper is older than Edward.
He was changed during the Civil War (don't remember exactly what year and my friend has my copy of Eclipse)
He was about 17 or 18 at the time so he may be slightly older than Edward as far as his human life I'm not sure.
But he is definately older when you total his entire existence. He was a vampire 40 years before Edward was born.
He's the oldest Cullen next to Carlisle.
(although technically Esme was 26 when she changed so shes lived the longest human)
Jasper was 20 when he was changed.

So he's tied with Emmet for 3rd as far as human age goes.
boomergrant wrote:I am truly intrigue with Jasper.
How does someone deal with all the emotions flowing around them?
It's like reading someone's mind, but not knowing the thoughts behind the feelings.
I don't know! Omg, especially all the emotions flowing around in THAT house. Chaotic, understatment. And he also deals with his own emotions...

He really is so...amazing. I can't understand how someone can have that power and be so composed 98% of the time.
*Bloodlust* wrote:Maybe they don't ignore Jasper and we just don't get to read the happiness that followed his return, or maybe you're right and everyone was more focused on Alice. But wait...wasn't there something about Jasper sitting between Esme and Alice and was in the center of attention? We know he doesn't like attention and uh...this just got too confusing.

I love Jasper's character. I love that he's so calm and calming. Also, throughout the series, he seems to be Alice's lapdog. She's always saying something like, "Jasper's doing this." "Jasper's getting that." haha love it.

Quick question: In Breaking Dawn when Jasper appears at Bella's window to calm her about Edward's bachelor party, was he hanging on to the window seal, hovering[I know he can't], or what? That REALLY confused me.
This did make me sad. Jasper and Alice left but it seemed like people only missed Alice. It was like "Alice is gone, Oh I miss Alice, Nessie's thoughts lingered on ALICE she missed her..." The whole time I was thinking "Alice has another half named JASPER and he left to....T_T"

There was that moment with Esme and Alice before Bella asked him about J and the quote was something like "Jasper was sandwiched between Alice and Esme looking more central to the family then usual." As much as I like the quote I was thinking Jasper has been moderately central in 2 books and pretty much out front and there in 1.

Alice could probably get my poor Jasper to do anything. Once he feels how much she wants something I don't think he CAN say no. Of course, I'm not sure how much she abuses this which is the beauty in their relationship (and I'm getting off topic. Always off topic...)

The window, I think he was just holding himself up on the seal...
I love that part in the beginning of the book. His "honey blond hair was silver in the moonlight"
*sigh*
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
vamp na hEireann
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

Hey,does anyone know what Jaspers middle name is?It's really bugging me.
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

I absolutelly LOVE Jasper! I wish that we had gotten more of him and his perspective in BD.
ColormeBSG
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

I love Jasper, he's one of my favorite characters, next to Alice of course! I love how he can like control emotions and stuff thats pretty cool! That's right, so go ahead and control my emotions, Jasper. Lol
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

jasper hale- i love to say his name. His restraint is better than edward's in someways and his solitud makes me want to know more of him. he's just awesome and his talent is awesome, wonder if his emotions can be influenced, or changed from the ones around him. i love ya, jasper.... my brother from another mother!
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
fireice99
Wandering Through Town

Post by fireice99 »

Does anyone know why Jasper took on the last name Hale as a vampire? That's Rosalie's last name, so why did he take it on as a vampire instead of Cullen, or even using his own last name from his human life??

Kaleb Nation is awesome! Check out his site for insightful comments as he reads New Moon.
YourFavoriteAries

fireice99 wrote:Does anyone know why Jasper took on the last name Hale as a vampire? That's Rosalie's last name, so why did he take it on as a vampire instead of Cullen, or even using his own last name from his human life??
Since allot of people came to the conclusion him and Rose were twins it's easier if that's embedded in the Cullen's story.

Rose likes to go by her original last name but Jasper really doesn't care so they both use Hale.
la_tua_cantante
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

Jasper is the character I wanted to know the most about!! His backstory was so interesting, and I would LOVE it if SM would write a story from his view point. Besides, I think that the way he and Alice told their story was so cute. I mean, what would you do if some person walked up to you and said, "You've had me waiting a long time". LOVE IT!
mlola619 wrote:I really love Jasper- he seems to be so thoughtful and intelligent in all the right ways. He seems to be very conservative and to himself- though not to the point of an outcast. I think he's definitely an honorable character. He gave up his whole lifestyle for Alice- so heartwarming! Not only that but i love the trust he puts in her; from the lifestyle he had of constant rage and conflict it's nice to see how one person changed all of that for him...

I'm also kind of upset how Bella always came to the conclusion that he didn't like her- he just had a hard time resisting the pull of her "candy sweet" scent- but he did it right?? JASPER IS DA SHIZ hehe
And, in I agree with you there, mlola619: I think that Bella misconstrued Jasper's carefulness as dislike. Yes, he stayed away from her but he also said some awesome things to her like "You're wrong you know... You are worth it". He had to be careful because he knew he wasn't quite on par with the rest of the family's vegetarianism.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
YourFavoriteAries

Am I the only one that got all warm and fuzzy when they read "It's just been my experience that some kinds of working relationships are better motivated by fear then by momentary gain."?

Hahaha I love that quote so much. I've got it memorized and the number 749 has new meaning.

I know, it's a really odd reaction but I was giggling like the awe-struck fangirl I am...
:lol: :oops:

No slightly scared reaction at all. Honestly, as long as Jasper is planning on standing near me he can motivate me in ANY way he seems fit. I'll also do my best to motivate him but we all know I've lost that battle...
;) (stupid ability to make humans go to sleep....)

Also "And then Jasper's face was peering in my window, his honey hair silver in the weak moonlight that worked through the clouds." *sigh*

And he winked! Ahhhh!