Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Post by threethings »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:i think this is a very hard question to answer. i believe firmly that if bella had never met edward, she would have ended up with jacob. but that makes it very hard to answer the question about edward. i mean, was bella's mind so "private" because she was destined to be a vampire?? because that would indicate that she was ALWAYS meant to be with edward, and jacob never would have come into play. but that doesn't make sense. maybe she would still have had a private mind if edward didn't exist, but it just wouldn't matter?? or maybe, she was always destined to be with edward since vampires existed?

sorry that was more like a bunch of questions than an answer.
Well, I don't think it's ever answered why her mind is so private. There's been some answers from SM and I don't understand any of them. And also if the question I think is correct, if she didn't move to Forks she wouldn't have met Edward or Jacob.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

I do believe Bella was destined to be with Edward. In my opinion, fate was at work with her decision to move to Forks. Bella's "mental shield" intrigued Edward from the moment he saw her, and of course her scent drew him to her even more. As painful and difficult as that was for Edward, I view it as (for lack of better words) a love at first sight kind of thing...in a vampiristic way. Like his body reacted before his mind even became aware of it. So maybe his unconscious was acknowledging a "soul mate," but it was silenced by his overpowering instinct to kill her -- he thirsted for her in more ways than one. Once Edward got a hold of his self-control, he became acutely aware of his love for Bella.

I mean her blood had an unforgiving appeal to him. A deadly attraction. Couldn't that mean something more than just the desire to kill?
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

threethings wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:i think this is a very hard question to answer. i believe firmly that if bella had never met edward, she would have ended up with jacob. but that makes it very hard to answer the question about edward. i mean, was bella's mind so "private" because she was destined to be a vampire?? because that would indicate that she was ALWAYS meant to be with edward, and jacob never would have come into play. but that doesn't make sense. maybe she would still have had a private mind if edward didn't exist, but it just wouldn't matter?? or maybe, she was always destined to be with edward since vampires existed?

sorry that was more like a bunch of questions than an answer.
Well, I don't think it's ever answered why her mind is so private. There's been some answers from SM and I don't understand any of them. And also if the question I think is correct, if she didn't move to Forks she wouldn't have met Edward or Jacob.
that's true. but her mother marrying phil had nothing to do with anything supernatural. so she would have moved to forks anyway. where jacob would be. and edward wouldn't.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
EdwardsShootingStar
Settled in Forks

Post by EdwardsShootingStar »

HI guys. I was just reading your thread and getting heaps excited and interested in all your opinions.

About what wouldve happened if Edward hadnt of met Bella, or if Bella didnt meet him etc. If the supernatural didnt exist, Bella and Jacob wouldnt of been together, because Bella wouldve been crushed by the car that was meant to hit her, which Edward stopped. If it wasnt for him, her and Jacob would have never really talked and gone for their walk so that she could find out more about Edward.

Edward saved her life from the car that day, and even if she did survive the car hitting her, she wouldve had who knows what done to her by the group of men in the town.

Edward protected and watched over her.. without him, she wouldnt of been alive.
They made each other the happiest and I think thats all that matters. :)

And back on the SM thing with your theory of her being Team Jacob, that really annoyed me (not what you said , but her ) haha. Because we could all see how much Edward loves bella and how much she loves him and that they were made for each other and if she did choose jacob, i dont think she wouldve been as happy as she couldve been with edward. And Jacob even says in BD after renesmee is born that his connection with Bella was really with Renesmee and so now they both dont feel that connected, SO GOOD RIDDANCE TO HIM! lol.

Just my thoughts.
Hope this all makes sense! XO
twilightroxmysox
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightroxmysox »

Wow :o I never even thought of that but your right. Of course if it wasn't for Edward Bella wouldn't have lived long enough to be with Jacob. About Jacob and Bella being together in a nonsupernatural world I think Bella actually said that in Eclipse. There was a part where she realised she loved Jacob and she could see the life she could have with him and that she would have and it would have been meant to be if they didn't live in a supernatural world. But they did so she was meant to be with Edward.
I think Edward would probably have stayed frozen if Bella hadn't come because vampires aren't supposed to change much. But I could also see him getting slowly worse and more depressed over time. Not a short amount of time but over hundreds of years of high school again and again living with all the happy couples I think he could have gotten worse and worse gradually.
thanks to lalaith913 for the image

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Paste him on your sig so he can gain control!

E<3B
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

EdwardsShootingStar wrote:HI guys. I was just reading your thread and getting heaps excited and interested in all your opinions.

About what wouldve happened if Edward hadnt of met Bella, or if Bella didnt meet him etc. If the supernatural didnt exist, Bella and Jacob wouldnt of been together, because Bella wouldve been crushed by the car that was meant to hit her, which Edward stopped. If it wasnt for him, her and Jacob would have never really talked and gone for their walk so that she could find out more about Edward.

Edward saved her life from the car that day, and even if she did survive the car hitting her, she wouldve had who knows what done to her by the group of men in the town.
You know I forgot about the whole van thing. Your right, she would be 6 feet under if Edward hadn't been there that day. So if she had moved to forks and there was no Edward well then her story would have been very short. So in the end, its life with Edward and Jacob or nothing at all.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Lunna-san

Post by Lunna-san »

EdwardsShootingStar wrote:HI guys. I was just reading your thread and getting heaps excited and interested in all your opinions.

And back on the SM thing with your theory of her being Team Jacob, that really annoyed me (not what you said , but her ) haha. Because we could all see how much Edward loves bella and how much she loves him and that they were made for each other and if she did choose jacob, i dont think she wouldve been as happy as she couldve been with edward. And Jacob even says in BD after renesmee is born that his connection with Bella was really with Renesmee and so now they both dont feel that connected, SO GOOD RIDDANCE TO HIM! lol.

Just my thoughts.
Wow. I totally forgot about the van. She'd have died there if wasn't for Edward. I remeber of a line in Twilight about how Edward was interfering with fate when he saved her. And now, I have no idea how Jacob would fit this. :?

I'm so confused.
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

I always thought Edward and Bella were suppose to be together. Bella could have easily given into Jacob in New Moon but she didnt, some part of her knew that Edward was still there wanting to be with her. Im sorry to say but I think thats fate. And I think Edward would have settled with someone else if he didnt know his true love was out there. He waited for so long to have someone like Bella and I think its just more than her blood that attracted him, i think he really fell in love with her. You cant stop who you love.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Just my thoughts.
Great point on the whole van thing. Edward existing absolutely made the difference for Bella - life and death, literally! So to me, that should say that Edward & Bella were always meant to be - :D :D ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

I wonder what would have happened if Bella never moved to Forks? I believe fate would have led her there regardless, but for the purpose of discussion... How long would Edward have continued his lonely, mundane existence until something or someone else stepped in? I wonder if, somewhere down the line, anyone would catch his interest. And if so, would it be a human or a vampire? I mean he's bound to find someone after another 100 years or more, right? Or maybe not. Maybe poor Edward would be doomed to be the only single Cullen.

I just can't imagine him with anyone other than Bella. Well, except for me. :D But it's strange to think about.
Last edited by twilight1909 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo