Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
maybeshescrazy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Post by maybeshescrazy »

Well, it was the fact that he couldn't hear Bella's thoughts which made him first interested. Given that 99% of the humans he'll be around won't have anything special about him, coupled with the fact that he's already been around "interesting" vampires, AND smell is a plus if you're human... I'd say that finding someone special would take a LOOONG time. He's not exactly about to go for anyone, having waited 100 years without being interested.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Yeah. I just think it's interesting to contemplate. I mean forever is a LOOONG time.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

longer than most of us have what i would do to be a vampire. realy to be a cullen for the reat of life would be great i would take 3 day odf pain so bad id wanna die is i could be a cullen.. or a vampire for that matter.
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

cullensallovamybinda wrote:longer than most of us have what i would do to be a vampire. realy to be a cullen for the reat of life would be great i would take 3 day odf pain so bad id wanna die is i could be a cullen.. or a vampire for that matter.

I agree... i am afraid of dying anyway so being a vampire is a nice middle. :D
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

I agree with most of you.
bella was destined with Edward and if the supernatural hadn't existed, bella would have been dead, there was no way she couldn't been killed with that car (unless she survived it).

and if Bella hadn't existed, Edward would have to be destined with someone else. no matter how long it will take him, i am sure there would be a girl for him, in 2010 *wink, guess whoooo? hahaha, me. of coarse.
twilightroxmysox
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightroxmysox »

This is slightly random but I wanted to point out that several times in New Moon Jacob saved Bella's life too. So... I don't know. I guess if not for Jacob she never would have been with Edward forever? If anything happpened to Bella we know he would have killed himself. But if he never met her I have two theories. One is he would just stay in the same mildly depressed state forever because vampires don't change. Two he would have gradually gotten more and more miserable and in a few milleniums killed himself.

Also this is random but check out this Twilight parody http://xlormp.livejournal.com/ I think it's hilarious.
thanks to lalaith913 for the image

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Paste him on your sig so he can gain control!

E<3B
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Okay everyone, I have a question. Now, if this has been asked in an earlier post in this thread, please forgive me. I'm lazy and did not want to scroll through 90+ pages to see.

In my local paper is a huge article on the film Twilight. In this article a girl made the comment that she sees Edward & Bella's relationship realistically and feels that Bella was never her true self with Edward - that she had to always act & be perfect for Edward to love her. She also stated that Bella acted herself with Jacob and could be herself with Jacob.

Naturally I disagree. I think Edward accepted Bella 100% and I do not feel that he demanded Bella to be perfect for him. I basically feel this is self explanatory but what do you lovely darlings think?

Comments?
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
littlenudger
Settled in Forks

Post by littlenudger »

well for one thing, that certian newspaper is always full of people who don't know what they are talking about ;). I agree with you, I believe that Edward loved Bella no matter what. He accepted her flaws and i think he even enjoyed them. She didn't have to pretend to be someone else for him to love her.
E<3B
Alice Cullen Quirkier than you since 1901
Yes, because a vampire slumber party is the pinnacle of safety conscious behavior.
Stupidshinyvolvowner
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stupidshinyvolvowner »

I think Bella was her self with Edward, most definitely. I don't think Edward ever wanted her to anything other than herself. He loved her. I think the part that might have lead to that person's thinking was when Bella differentiates between Edward's Bella and Jacob's Bella. Edward's Bella is more mature, while Jake's is more reckless. I think by buying a motorcycle, Edward was trying to open the door for Bella to be slightly more reckless with him. So yeah, I don't think Edward demanded Bella be anyway expect the way she was.
maybeshescrazy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by maybeshescrazy »

Of course Bella was her true self with Edward, what about all the times she notices that she's just been completely honest with Edward and told him a huge part of her life story... without even knowing why.
At the same time, that doesn't mean that she can't be a different person around Jacob. Different people bring out different sides of yourself, especially when the different people in question are so different, both in themselves and in their relationship with Bella.