Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Post by twilight813 »

I really dont understand why everyone is fighting. Its pointless and wasting space. Lets talk about Edward since that what the post is here for. Here is a question which i am sure has been asked before but I had an image of edward in my mind before Rob was signed on to play Edward. Now when I read I just see Rob's face. Does anyone do the same thing? I cant remember what my original Edward looked like in my mind.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

Rob looks very different from the Edward I pictured in my mind when I first read the books. I'm currently re-reading the books and I've noticed that I started with my original vision of Edward but halfway through Twilight it started to take on a few of Rob's characteristics. Now, my mental image is a melding of the two but I can still recall my original image at will.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

Amivera wrote:-His ability to attend medical school twice (I wish we'd seen more of his medical knowledge in Midnight Sun)
I've always wondered what the exact circumstances of that were. He couldn't have ever finished medical school, because I'm sure he wasn't capable of participating in the 3rd and 4th clerkship years. Perhaps he just earned a PhD in physiology or pathology or something rather than going into an MD program.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

^I remember Smeyer saying something about how Edward went to medical school to keep Carlisle updated on the new techniques, so he'd have to be in an advanced med. program, specifically, as that's what Carlisle works in.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

^^ Huh. interesting. If I recall, Edward said he was only capable of observing Carlisle in bloodless procedures. There's no way he could have gotten through 3rd year without being exposed to a ton of blood. He must have only done the first couple. And this would only have been good for path and phys info, not so much techniques. *shrug*
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

twilight813 wrote:I really dont understand why everyone is fighting. Its pointless and wasting space. Lets talk about Edward since that what the post is here for. Here is a question which i am sure has been asked before but I had an image of edward in my mind before Rob was signed on to play Edward. Now when I read I just see Rob's face. Does anyone do the same thing? I cant remember what my original Edward looked like in my mind.

Lol Rob is far from what i pictured Edward to be.

But i am lucky i keep all of the movie and book stuff way seperate so i still have my Edward! Squee. I think it is becuase when i start reading i don't have an image and i don't try to have one. I just let Edward's words flow over me and then my Edward appears. I can really hear his voice when he is upset. Or when i am really deeply into the book. I love those moments.
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Amivera wrote:Edward's strengths are:
-His ability to control his bloodlust
-His ability to be a perfect gentleman without complaint
-His ability to attend high school many times without being eaten alive by hordes of lusty girls XD
-His ability to attend medical school twice (I wish we'd seen more of his medical knowledge in Midnight Sun)
-His ability to be extremely calm in situations a most people would freak out in
-His ability to master his emotions (or at least hide them)
-His ability to dazzle a number of females (and perhaps some males) through ink and paper

Cheers! :D

I could not have said it any better, Amivera!!!! I personally think he is terrific!! ;)

Twilight813, I had a problem -just briefly - with trying to match Rob with the Edward of my imagination. I pictured him very tall(6"3), with a angular, masculine face, wide eyes with dark lashes(better to smolder with)Ha!
broad shouldered, lean waist and hips(yummo) and his whole physique has a lean, cut and muscular build to it.
Now, I ask you does he not sound delicious or what? :lol:
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

moon sidhe wrote:^^ Huh. interesting. If I recall, Edward said he was only capable of observing Carlisle in bloodless procedures. There's no way he could have gotten through 3rd year without being exposed to a ton of blood. He must have only done the first couple. And this would only have been good for path and phys info, not so much techniques. *shrug*
moon sidhe, you sound like you are part of the medical world - am I right? :) If so, I would be curious to know your thoughts on all of the cellular make-up of vampires in relation to chromosomes, vampiric bloodlines, which I feel supercede human bloodlines when the transformation is completed(human DNA is obliterated upon the "turning") etc. Let me know. :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

KaseyHeartEdward wrote:I just let Edward's words flow over me and then my Edward appears.
That's how my mental images of characters appear when I'm reading as well. I never set out to try and sculpt the characters in my mind. As I read more and more about them, they just seem to come into focus.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
likeameteor
Settled in Forks

Post by likeameteor »

Destani wrote:
KaseyHeartEdward wrote:I just let Edward's words flow over me and then my Edward appears.
That's how my mental images of characters appear when I'm reading as well. I never set out to try and sculpt the characters in my mind. As I read more and more about them, they just seem to come into focus.
Same here. My Edward is a lot like Rob Pattinson, actually, but his hair and voice were slightly different.
Edward Cullen - giving girls unrealistic expectations of guys since 1901.