Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
ShoTheCat
Settled in Forks

Re: Alice Cullen

Post by ShoTheCat »

Alice is just one of those characters that just make me happy whenever I read about them. I mean when Alice went like "Bella don´t you love me??" in Eclipse all I could do was be like "omg poor Alice!!!" and then when she was allowed to arrange the wedding I could just imagine her bumping in her seat <3

She has this childlike aura with her happiness and craziness but she can also be very serious and be very much of an adult. like when she hunts down the half-vampires to find proof that Nessie isn´t the only one of her kind.
I really loved Alice for just taking everything into her own hands like that, she was so brave!!

Idk I think Alice couldn´t see the half-vamps in Southamerica or am I wrong? I remember her saying something like "I was looking for something I wasn´t sure was there because I couldn´t see it" (it´s on page 746 "I couldn´t even be sure someone like Nahual existed - all I knew was that I would be looking for something I couldn´t see! Try to imagine searching for a blind spot -...")
So I guess she just can´t see half-vamps because of something they have, maybe (what brings us back to the start of this thread) the chromosomes count?
ImageImage
AyaDiefair
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AyaDiefair »

ShoTheCat wrote:
Idk I think Alice couldn´t see the half-vamps in Southamerica or am I wrong? I remember her saying something like "I was looking for something I wasn´t sure was there because I couldn´t see it" (it´s on page 746 "I couldn´t even be sure someone like Nahual existed - all I knew was that I would be looking for something I couldn´t see! Try to imagine searching for a blind spot -...")
So I guess she just can´t see half-vamps because of something they have, maybe (what brings us back to the start of this thread) the chromosomes count?
As I understood it, ShoTheCat, she couldn't see them because not only did she know half breeds existed till Nessie, but it is because she was never one. She can't see the wolves either, because she never was a wolf either. However, she can see humans and Vampires because she was and is one. Does that make sense?
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
bricullen121
Settled in Forks

Post by bricullen121 »

I think Alice is an awesome character. She has always been nice, friendly, and there for Bella,Edward, Jasper, ect. I agree with everyone who doesn't blame her for leaving. I was really happy when she came back. I can't picture staying anywhere that I got major headaches. I probably would have left too. I agree with everything ShoTheCat said except for Alice seeing the half vamps. Idk about that
What was so great about mortality? Being a vampire didn’t look like such a terrible thing—not the way the Cullens did it, anyway. - Bella Swan
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Do you think then after spending so much time around Nessie that she would be eventually able to see her? The same with the Wolves? If she can't ever see the wolves, then she really couldn't ever see Nessie because she will always be around Jacob and the other Wolves.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

It would depend on the theory of WHY she can't see the wolves.

The theory I enjoy best, is that she can only see that which she is or has been. Alice has been human so she can see humans, but not as well as vampires (which she is currently). She has never been a wolf and therefore she will never be able to "see" them.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SwanCullen wrote:Do you think then after spending so much time around Nessie that she would be eventually able to see her? The same with the Wolves? If she can't ever see the wolves, then she really couldn't ever see Nessie because she will always be around Jacob and the other Wolves.
As far as the wolves, I don't think she will really ever be able to see them. The primary theory as to why she cannot see the wolves is that they are so ruled by their instincts and transformations that the future literally cannot hold them, can't track them. That won't ever change. But, Ness is a different story. The prevailing theory as to why she can't see Ness is that she sees those things she is most familiar with best. But, she's never been a hybrid. However, she has been a human and is currently a vampire. So, as it is with Edward and Charlie, it is a matter of Alice learning Ness' tenor, the sound of her mind, so that she can pick out her future. However, this won't last long as Ness' future will end up completely surrounded by wolves, which will eventually block her from view.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
ArtyLinz
Settled in Forks

Post by ArtyLinz »

Just watching New Moon now... the bit where Alice and Bella get in the car to go to Italy, and Jake is leaning in the car begging Bella to stay and she is insisting she go, I love the way Alice says "OK!" like it's all sorted.

That one little bit sums up why I love her so much I think!
"It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share".

~ Alice Cullen, Twilight Ch. 16
mandyhope22
Settled in Forks

Post by mandyhope22 »

Question about Alice...I was watching New Moon the other night with my niece and started wondering why Alice didn't see the whole paper cut situation and ensuing Cullen evacuation from Forks? This question has probably been answered somewhere else but if someone could post it again, I'd appreciate it!
babynessie_18
Wandering Through Town

Post by babynessie_18 »

Ah, Alice Cullen.. My favorite minor actress, she's really great as Edward's adoptive sister who sees the future ''once the decision is made''. I love her bubbly personality and she is very optimistic, though sometimes situations are bad she have this kind of attitude where she sorta lightens up everybody's mood.. "I think she gets that from Jasper."I wanna see more of Alice on BD, she was so cute on Eclipse.. I know, she'll be the coolest aunt a dhampir will ever have. ;)

I think I've mentioned this in my past few posts but I really hope to see/read more of Alice.. and Jasper..
-babynessie_18-
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

mandyhope22 wrote:Question about Alice...I was watching New Moon the other night with my niece and started wondering why Alice didn't see the whole paper cut situation and ensuing Cullen evacuation from Forks? This question has probably been answered somewhere else but if someone could post it again, I'd appreciate it!
Mandy~ Because the whole situation was precipitated by an accident, not a decision. Bella's paper cut was not something she could predict since Bella did not consciously decide to cut her finger. Therefore, all of the subsequent decisions that were made by Edward (a distinction that must be made because he essentially forced the family to follow, stupid boy) could not be seen until that moment. I'm sure once the chaos died down, Alice saw all of the subsequent decisions and how they were going to play out, at least as far as she could.

Babynessie~ Unfortunately, were not likely to see a lot of Alice in the films of BD. We'll see her in her glory leading up to the wedding. But, then, once Bella & Edward return, she spends a lot of time in hiding because of the headaches she gets being around Bella & Ness. Then, with the split likely right around Ness' birth, she splits soon after and only returns for the end confrontation. I love Ms. Alice as well. I think she balances everyone out very nicely.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS