Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
babynessie_18
Wandering Through Town

Re: Alice Cullen

Post by babynessie_18 »

Thanks Jazz Girl.. ;) Urgh, that's why I hope they make a book/movie focusing only with the love teams you know.. Or mostly about the Cullen family, how it started.. Well, anyways.. Thanks for the reply..
-babynessie_18-
mandyhope22
Settled in Forks

Post by mandyhope22 »

Thanks Jazz Girl. That makes sense. I figured it had to do with the paper cut being "unplanned/undecided" but wasn't quite sure. I also agree with Edward's stupidity in making his family follow him. When I read the series for the first time, I knew nothing about it and Edward's leaving was totally unexpected for me.

I do wish there would be more of Alice in the BD movies as well, but if they stay true to the books, we won't see much of her except before the wedding and at the very end. Sigh. I would love to read a story of her life...how she woke up as a vampire having no idea what was going on, finding Jasper, and ultimately finding the Cullens. Such interesting characters!
babynessie_18
Wandering Through Town

Post by babynessie_18 »

mandyhope22 wrote:Thanks Jazz Girl. That makes sense. I figured it had to do with the paper cut being "unplanned/undecided" but wasn't quite sure. I also agree with Edward's stupidity in making his family follow him. When I read the series for the first time, I knew nothing about it and Edward's leaving was totally unexpected for me.

I do wish there would be more of Alice in the BD movies as well, but if they stay true to the books, we won't see much of her except before the wedding and at the very end. Sigh. I would love to read a story of her life...how she woke up as a vampire having no idea what was going on, finding Jasper, and ultimately finding the Cullens. Such interesting characters!

I totally agree with you, I hope they make a movie or a book out of every Cullen's relationship. That'll be so epic! Plus, Alice is such an interesting and fun person.. I wouldn't mind watching/reading everything about her and Jasper.. ;)
-babynessie_18-
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Actually I have to disagree a bit with you there, Jazz Girl. While Bella may not have consciously decided to cut her finger, she did decide to open the gift- and the consequences of that action would be something Alice could have seen.

I chalk it up to a couple of things- one, it was something done rather quickly; and two, Alice wouldn't really have had a reason to watch Bella's potential futures from opening presents. In my opinion, by the time a vision would have come to her, Bella's finger would already be cut and there wouldn't have been anything Alice could have done at that point.
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

babynessie_18 wrote:Thanks Jazz Girl.. ;) Urgh, that's why I hope they make a book/movie focusing only with the love teams you know.. Or mostly about the Cullen family, how it started.. Well, anyways.. Thanks for the reply..
I know it's not the same as a new book but, I really hope we get to learn a bit more Alice's backstory in the Official Illustrated Guide coming out... next month! I just realized that, time flies I guess. :D According to SM's website "Guide also includes character profiles, outtakes, a conversation with Meyer, genealogical charts, maps, extensive cross-references, and much more."

I really hadn't thought about it before but, you raised an interesting point Mandy. My two cents on the finger cut incident is that Bella decided to open the gift, she didn't decide to get a paper cut. Who knows why she got the cut, maybe she was neverous and her hands were shaking so the paper slipped. If she'd opened the gift even seconds later, maybe they wouldn't have been as shaky and there wouldn't have been a problem...? I chock it up to an involuntary humany response and therefore think it was one of those random things in life that no one, not even Alice, could see coming...

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

*grumbles about stupid oversensitive mice*
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Squeak, squeak!

I took the little package, rolling my eyes at Edward while I stuck my finger under the edge of the paper and jerked it under the tape.

The Tyler van scene shows that Alice can only detect the future concerning accidents when decisions or distractions merge with the physics of the situation so that something becomes inevitable. In Edward’s case, Alice’s warning about the van was almost unnecessary because it took a few seconds anyway for the accident to play out and he had enough time to react. When Bella begins to open her present there just isn’t any time available for Alice or Edward to react, far less time than the van accident, and it would have been utterly pointless to bring up later if she actually did catch a flash of something.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
pyrosis
Learning to Love Green

Post by pyrosis »

Alice is one of my fav charakters. just because she rocks. She seems to be real sunshine and it's hard not to love the positive energy that comes with her. She seems like a real good friend and I love the way she is about Bella esp. in the beginning.
But sometimes she seems like a little pain and I can understand that Bella sometimes wishes Alice would back off a little, esp. when it comes to she fashion thing. I can very much relate to Bella here.
I would love to hear more about her past, too. What she did in the time between her beeing turned and meeting Jasper. Did she ever taste human blood? And who was the vampire that created her? there is so much....
Last edited by pyrosis on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
You know, Edward, as a brother you are sometimes a dissappointment

Oh, never mind! my less noble side exulted

Then the jokes about the world's only clumsy vampire would start

'Bout time someone scored around here
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

pyrosis,

Alice's backstory is one of the very few confirmed items that will definitely be told in the Illustrated Guide coming out next month.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Yeah, I know. It makes me SO nervous. I have spent the last two years on my life writing 350,000 words about Alice's life, and it is about to be flushed down the drain. :banghead: