Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
LaBellaVitaEC
Settled in Forks

Re: Alice Cullen

Post by LaBellaVitaEC »

Alice is boss.

I love her and what she brings to every situation in Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. Plus, I think it's neat how in her former human life, she suffered from sever mental struggles.... she didn't have much of a life, and now she has an awesome life with Jasper & the Cullens. Also, her gift is mental, tying in with how she suffered mentally. Kind of clever. I love her.
Rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by Rose »

Uhhh!!! I love Alice.
She's my favourite character beside Edward. She is so friendly. I like her talent...really interesting. And I love her for loving Jasper.

Rose
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

Maybe I'm missing something, but can anyone tell me why Alice took the last name Cullen (and I suppose why Jasper took the last name Hale)? Neither of them were turned by Carlisle, so I wondered why they didn't keep their human last names...

I suppose Alice could have taken Cullen because she had no identity to speak of, until she found Jasper?
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Miss Cullen

Post by Miss Cullen »

I love Alice! She is just an awesome happy go lucky character. I think if she were a real person Id get a long with her well. I love how she accepted Bella right at the beginning when everyone else seemed a tad hesitant and I love her bubbly personality, she just loves life.

I think maybe Alice took the name 'Cullen' as she had no memory of her human life and so when she find Carlisle and his family, they became her family so it would only seem natural.
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

mlola619 wrote:I think Alice is the kind of character every story needs. She's a light, good hearted character. Especially through all the troubles that the characters undergo like the Cullen's constant refusal of humans for food, and Bella's constant "life threatening situations". Alice really does bring a fresh, joyful feeling to the Twilight Saga.

I also find Alice's joy to be one of the main reasons SM had her brought back to Bella first in New Moon. It just made sense, because throughout the whole story Bella was so depressed without Edward...but SM creatively brought back the one character other than Edward who would bring that aspect of hope and joy back to the story. At first i thought it was Carlisle because his car was parked infront of Bella's house in NM- but when i found out it was Alice i couldn't help but feel much happier, knowing Alice's joyful, carefree character and all.

Not only that, but Alice is the best friend we all want- funny, joyful, and wise. I simply love Alice and her pixy side haha she's just such an awesome character that brings so much more life to the story- even in the dark moments...
Such great thoughts mlola! I definitely agree that Alice is the best friend we all want. She's pure fun. Even though I tend to become annoyed at perky characters, she's never grated on my nerves. I think it's because the perkiness isn't a facade, she's really just a genuinely happy person. Even after being in a mental institution. :P

There's a bit of a selfish reason I'd want to be her friend as well ... the shopping trips. ;)
la_tua_cantante wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but can anyone tell me why Alice took the last name Cullen (and I suppose why Jasper took the last name Hale)? Neither of them were turned by Carlisle, so I wondered why they didn't keep their human last names...

I suppose Alice could have taken Cullen because she had no identity to speak of, until she found Jasper?
I think keeping the "kids'" last names to two (Hale and Cullen) makes it easier for people to accept their fake backstories as relatives. I think, had Alice and Jasper picked separate names, it would have brought more attention to the Cullens' already semi-strange situation. ("Adopted" nieces and nephews, etc.)
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
la_tua_cantante
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

mandustries wrote: There's a bit of a selfish reason I'd want to be her friend as well ... the shopping trips. ;)
I'd have to agree there. And I will admit that I would never complain like Bella did if I had a friend who liked to buy me obscene amounts of clothing, all in the latest fashions...
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I simply adore Alice.

I think that she is such a positive, caring and energetic person, it's contagious. I woul live to go shopping with her or have her shop for me.

Her character was one of the ones that I couldn' wait to see how she evolved and I also liked the fact she was one of the first to support Edward and Bella's relationship.

Even though her gift could sometimes be troubling, it always seemed to me she tried to make the best out of a situation or see a positive aspect and that's amazing for someone who had such a troubled life and how she became a vampire.

I wish there were more people in the world who could be like her (myself included)
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Kay0722
Settled in Forks

Post by Kay0722 »

:lol: a sweetheart thats basically everything that i have to say about her in one word
So the lion fell in love with the lamb.....
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

I love Alice Cullen! She's my favorite character after Edward! She's just so amazing and full of energy! :D
K-Dawg

Post by K-Dawg »

I love the way she just run's down the stairs, right to Bella, in Twilight, and kisses her cheek and comments on how good she smells :D

She's so funny!!!
Why didn't I just walk away?
Oh Right, Because i'm an idiot!