Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: Alice Cullen

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

She was born in 1901, and is physically 19 years old.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

ok i official y want to be 19 now i love alice to death.,... i even rant eh team alice campain!! i love her with all m heart.. actually my crush looks just like her!!
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
imwiththewolf23
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by imwiththewolf23 »

awww thats cute. how old is ashley greene??? she's got to be older than 19.
Clara "Al Capone" Romano for Twi-Mafia
The first werewolf in the mafia with a power. don't touch me, It'll hurt.
Lidia's official comedian
TEAM JACOBImage
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

I don't think so. I think it's because Alice was really busy already. Remember how she kept having visions of the ballet studio? She was really concentrating on figuring that one out because it bugs her when she doesn't know stuff and Jasper was concentrating on his true love so...Bella chose the perfect time and by the time Alice knew what Bella was doing, Edward was there probably glaring at Alice with "unveiled loathing" and racing faster than the speed of light to save Bella.

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I just finished my 3rd read through of Twilight and something struck me for the first time... when James is telling Bella about how Alice got away from him he mentions that while Bella smells good, Alice smelled even better...

... what does this mean? Was Alice possibly the "singer" to the vampire that changed her? Just seems like an odd detail for SM to put in....
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

roseaurora wrote:I just finished my 3rd read through of Twilight and something struck me for the first time... when James is telling Bella about how Alice got away from him he mentions that while Bella smells good, Alice smelled even better...

... what does this mean? Was Alice possibly the "singer" to the vampire that changed her? Just seems like an odd detail for SM to put in....
My theory on this is that the better a person smells to a vampire, the better vampire they'll make. Well, I guess I'm not explaining that properly; I think it's more like fate. Like Bella smelled so good to Edward, and when she became a vampire, she fit in perfectly with that life; found everything easier and seemed like it was her destiny to become one. And with Alice, she had such a miserable human life, but she's really content to be a vampire and makes the most out of that life.
I thinks she probably was the singer though, to the vampire that changed her. And her blood smelled so good that she smelled better than most humans to other vampires, too, similarly to the way that Bella does.

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, it does in my head!
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

FrighteninLilMonster wrote:My theory on this is that the better a person smells to a vampire, the better vampire they'll make. Well, I guess I'm not explaining that properly; I think it's more like fate. Like Bella smelled so good to Edward, and when she became a vampire, she fit in perfectly with that life; found everything easier and seemed like it was her destiny to become one. And with Alice, she had such a miserable human life, but she's really content to be a vampire and makes the most out of that life.
I thinks she probably was the singer though, to the vampire that changed her. And her blood smelled so good that she smelled better than most humans to other vampires, too, similarly to the way that Bella does.

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, it does in my head!
It absolutely makes sense to me- this is my theory, too. :)
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

roseaurora wrote:I just finished my 3rd read through of Twilight and something struck me for the first time... when James is telling Bella about how Alice got away from him he mentions that while Bella smells good, Alice smelled even better...

Alice may have been James' singer but that doesn't necessarily mean she was the singer to the vampire who changed her. Bella was Edward's singer, she smelled especially good to him, but she didn't appeal to the other Cullens in the same way. She still smelled good, but it didn't even compare to how good she smelled to Edward. Emmet said there were a few people who smelled really good to him. I got the impression that having a singer is somewhat rare and just because you're the singer for one vampire doesn't mean you'll be that appealing to other vampires. I always thought the vampire who changed Alice did it solely to protect her and not because she smelled good to him. If she was his singer, he could have just drained her blood instead of stopping and allowing her to change. I picture a vampire who, like Carlisle, is especially compassionate and works at the mental hospital to help people. He knew the only way to save Alice from James was to change her so he did. I could definitely be wrong about that, but that was my impression
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

eclipserox wrote:
Alice may have been James' singer but that doesn't necessarily mean she was the singer to the vampire who changed her. Bella was Edward's singer, she smelled especially good to him, but she didn't appeal to the other Cullens in the same way. She still smelled good, but it didn't even compare to how good she smelled to Edward. Emmet said there were a few people who smelled really good to him. I got the impression that having a singer is somewhat rare and just because you're the singer for one vampire doesn't mean you'll be that appealing to other vampires. I always thought the vampire who changed Alice did it solely to protect her and not because she smelled good to him. If she was his singer, he could have just drained her blood instead of stopping and allowing her to change. I picture a vampire who, like Carlisle, is especially compassionate and works at the mental hospital to help people. He knew the only way to save Alice from James was to change her so he did. I could definitely be wrong about that, but that was my impression
I get where you are coming from, but I do think that Bella did smell better than other humans did to all the vampires she encounters... just not nearly as good as she smelled to Edward. So for Alice to smell better than other humans makes me think she was somehow "special" like Bella, perhaps because she was a singer to her vampire caretaker. And if he was as compassionate as Carlisle then he could possibly have managed to change her and not kill her. But for her to smell even better to James puzzles me... I don't like that idea if the theory behind "singers" is that they are good matches, yuck!

FrighteninLilMonster I love your theory, that those who are meant to be vampires are "singers", just seems like not many of them would make it if they are so tasty! haha! (I posted your response over in the Twilight Speculation thread as well... hope that's alright :) )

I would love to know more of this story, so many unanswered questions lurking in passing comments! ... SM has given us so much and made me greedy and eager to learn more!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

FrighteninLilMonster, you and I actually think a little bit alike. I have posted in answer to questions on the Bella thread about how her being Edward's singer effects both of them. I am of the opinion that la tua cantante might possibly be an indication of a deeper emotional connection, an indication that the human in question might actually be a suitable mate, possibly even a soul mate for the vampire in question. If, as in the case of Bella and Edward, the vampire is strong enough to resist the temptation to drink their singer, than they are rewarded with their soul mate. The idea that maybe Alice was the singer for the doctor who changed her is an intriguing one, especially since we know that Alice's first vision upon waking from her transformation was Jasper. Lots to ponder.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS