Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by debussygirl »

^^What do you mean by that?
Do you mean the fact that she has a horrible past? That she didn't get what she wanted? That's just life. I don't think Rosalie ever was able to adjust and just be happy with what she has--Emmett and a loving family. And what you should do is adjust to what life gives you and try to be happy instead of the whole "woe is me" bit.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Pendragon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Pendragon »

That gives me a though. Do you think the relationship between her and Bella might be worse? What I mean is do you think Rosalie is even more jealous of Bella because she's basically gotten everything she's wanted and plus more. (i.e. the baby) I can imagine it might be, especially after she warns Bella of what she has to sacrifice in order to become a vampire, yet she sacrifices nothing.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Pendragon wrote:That gives me a though. Do you think the relationship between her and Bella might be worse? What I mean is do you think Rosalie is even more jealous of Bella because she's basically gotten everything she's wanted and plus more. (i.e. the baby) I can imagine it might be, especially after she warns Bella of what she has to sacrifice in order to become a vampire, yet she sacrifices nothing.

Oh yah, Rosalie is likely to just snap one of these days...Like one of the Fem-bots in Austin Powers...Blonde has gone off her rocker...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Pendragon wrote:That gives me a though. Do you think the relationship between her and Bella might be worse? What I mean is do you think Rosalie is even more jealous of Bella because she's basically gotten everything she's wanted and plus more. (i.e. the baby) I can imagine it might be, especially after she warns Bella of what she has to sacrifice in order to become a vampire, yet she sacrifices nothing.
I don't know...for some reason in BD I thought Bella said she was waiting for Rosalie to be mean to her again, but that the bond of protecting Nessie kept them together. Of course, I may not be right on that.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

debussygirl wrote:
I don't know...for some reason in BD I thought Bella said she was waiting for Rosalie to be mean to her again, but that the bond of protecting Nessie kept them together. Of course, I may not be right on that.
Yeah I think it's their love for Nessie is the only thing they have in common.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Pendragon wrote:
debussygirl wrote:
Yeah I think it's their love for Nessie is the only thing they have in common.
until Rosalie decided to replace Bella completely...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
arieonna
Settled in Forks

Post by arieonna »

I don't think that Rose would try to replace Bella. As selfish as she maybe at times, I don't think she would destroy her brother that way. She may not always show it but I think she really loves her family. Edward made it really clear that if anything happened to Bella that he would not be long for this world. In the extras that SM did of the phone call between Rose and Edward it seems that Rose didn't think that Edward would react that way. She had hoped that he would get over Bella and come back home and make the family whole again.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Well I don't think that anyone's suggesting Rosalie would off Bella or anything like that. But I do think that things may become more strained between them without the common goal of protecting Renesmee's life. It'll be an interesting dynamic, though, because three of them have the propensity to feel very territorial of Nessie, counting Bella and Edward as one of course. I think that Jacob has the claim of imprinting, and while he wants to be spending as much time as possible with her, I don't think he sees her as his property at all, I think he gets that his "claim" to her begins only when she chooses it to. I am sure he wouldn't dare cross Bella and Edward, but Rosalie may be a different story.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Well I don't think that anyone's suggesting Rosalie would off Bella or anything like that. But I do think that things may become more strained between them without the common goal of protecting Renesmee's life. It'll be an interesting dynamic, though, because three of them have the propensity to feel very territorial of Nessie, counting Bella and Edward as one of course. I think that Jacob has the claim of imprinting, and while he wants to be spending as much time as possible with her, I don't think he sees her as his property at all, I think he gets that his "claim" to her begins only when she chooses it to. I am sure he wouldn't dare cross Bella and Edward, but Rosalie may be a different story.
Oh yeah, I can definatly see Her and Jacob play tug-o-war with Nessie. (not literally of course :lol: ) They would vie to get her to like one better than the other.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Pendragon wrote: Oh yeah, I can definatly see Her and Jacob play tug-o-war with Nessie. (not literally of course :lol: ) They would vie to get her to like one better than the other.
Even if Rose tried to vie for Nessie's attention, she'd always come in third at least after Bella and Jake. I mean, the child bit her mother and that bond there was formed, Jake imprinted on her, and Bella was tied with Jake for appearing in her dreams. Plus I do think Nessie would be a bit of a daddy's girl, being his only child and all. Rose really ranks back. She's just the aunt/godmother.

At the end of BD not much is really given on Rose and Bella's relationship, but I do think that it's going to eventually be strained because Bella got everything that Rose never got. Not to mention that Bella got Edward's attention where she never did. For now I do think their friendship is there, but so many years from now, who knows.