Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by Lioness Rampant »

I disagree with those who say she has depth. She disgusted me in B.D.
The way that she disregarded Bella's life.
When I look at her, I used to see her sad history. Now I see how little value she places on those around her. She is self-centered. She doesn't care about Bella's life. eveything revolves around her and she can get any thing she wants.
Even her relationship with Emmett! She saved him not because she loved him- but because he reminded her of what she always wanted.
Ugh, I hate her character. Her personality is shallow and even Edward agrees.
Bella is just a resource for her- a way for her to get what she wants.
I can NOT relate to that. Sorry.
ColormeBSG
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Lioness Rampant wrote:I disagree with those who say she has depth. She disgusted me in B.D.
The way that she disregarded Bella's life.
When I look at her, I used to see her sad history. Now I see how little value she places on those around her. She is self-centered. She doesn't care about Bella's life. eveything revolves around her and she can get any thing she wants.
Even her relationship with Emmett! She saved him not because she loved him- but because he reminded her of what she always wanted.
Ugh, I hate her character. Her personality is shallow and even Edward agrees.
Bella is just a resource for her- a way for her to get what she wants.
I can NOT relate to that. Sorry.
I disagree with you. I believe that Rosalie does have depth. She DIDN'T get everything she wanted, and she still doesn't. If anyone gets what they want, its Edward and Bella. (note: i am SO not bashing on Edward and Bella. Edward is my only love, and I would never try to put him down. I'm just making a point.) They got eachother for eternity, they got the impossible baby, and they didn't even have to sacrifice anything for this stuff. Rosalie, on the other hand, does not have a child, (and never will) and had to sacrifice a human life so that she could have love. Yes, Emmett looked like henry, and thats why she originally did it. But could you blame her? She got raped, lost her husband, lost her humanity, and all the while had to see her friend have everything she wanted. Don't you think that even you would feel just a bit sad and desperate for anyone? Besides, she got Emmett, and they were made for eachother.

as for the baby issue, i have to just quote this poster who said everything i wanted to say.
malaz wrote:I was rereading a part of Breaking Dawn yesterday and something struck me. Is Rosalie just another character looking bad because OF Bella. I have no aversion to Rosalie whatsoever unlike many people, however, I just found it kind of interesting. I mean, is it even Rosalie’s fault if Bella died after giving birth, isn’t that sort of selfish of Bella and not selfish of Rosalie. Because logically, Bella was the one that asked Rosalie to help her keep the baby. It wasn’t like Rosalie was pulling Bella’s leg, and threatening her to keep the baby, even. So how is it that everyone is hating on her. Is it so wrong of her to want to help bella with her child. And the whole thing with Rosalie caring about the baby more than Bella - isn’t that WHAT bella cares about too and wants?
Because for me, certainly I can not see that ‘horrid’ and ‘selfish’ part of Rosalie that is making everyone hating her...
but i guess that's just my oponion
One more note, yes, Rosalie wanted the baby to live, but no, I do not think that she was really TRYING to get Bella killed so that she could have the baby. She just wanted a piece of something that she couldn't have. She by no means wanted Bella to die. That was never her plan.

Anyway, thats just my opinion. I realize many of you will not agree with me, and thats ok. I will always love Rosalie, no matter what. (notice my banner. ;)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Lioness Rampant

I used to think Rose was shallow, In Twilight and NM, and really didn't care about her... then, in Eclipse, when we heard her story, I was BLOWN away. completely! I felt so bad for her. then I read B.D.
I now really really dislike her, more and more! (sorry)
Yes, she has to work to get what she wants, but thats just it- she doesn't care who is hurt and who is killed so long as, in the end,- she is happy.
maybe there is a depth, but I just cant see past her selfishness. I don't think that her past justifies her self-centerdness.
(btw, Bella had to sacrifice her LIFE for the impossible baby. she almost died, and would have, if it weren't for Edward! Yay Edward! :D Now she has them BOTH for eternity :D can I squeel with joy now???)

anyway, It digusts me what Rosalie was wiling to to in BD. she was more than happy to let Bella be ripped open from the inside out. as long as that baby came out of the deal.

See, when Bella called Rose, she was desperate for the baby to live. Bella was willing to die for her child. I understand- thats maternal of her! So she needed an extra hand for support. So she figured to ask the one person who would willingly rip the baby out of her if she had too? Rose.
But imagine what Bella's would have done to Jake! Imagine what her death would have done to Edward? Geesh. thats like killing two people- bella knew PERFECTLY well that Edward would kill himself if she died. ug- its so frustrating!

No, obviously Rose wasn't TRYING to kill Bella. She wa strying to save the child. What I hate is that Rose would have been willing to sacrifce Bella for that "little nudger" inside her. the only reason Rose wanted Bella to live was so that the baby would. I'm not saying Rosalie was planning Bella's death in a sadistic, satanic fashion, with a pitchfork or anything. I just think it is incredibly selfish of her to apply no value to Bella's life. the only value there was on the "child she never had"

sorry, but I really got irritated with Rose in this book :oops:
hope that nobody hates me now

End Rant! :D
ColormeBSG
urcoolcarrie

Post by urcoolcarrie »

ha ha! i don't hate you, you have your opinion. i'm just saying that i have a different view of what happened. i have my own reasons for liking Rose, and everyone can have their own for liking or disliking her. I'm saying that I don't hate rose, and I don't think she's selfish.
sorry, i would love to sit around and go through everything that ever happened with her in the books, but that would take forever, and eventually i would get frustrated and everyone would be mad at me for writing something that i was so mad at, so i won't put you through that. ;)
Lioness Rampant

oh, ok! :lol:
I don't hate her. in fact, i was seriously moved by her story. I guess I am just too narrow-minded to look past Breaking Dawn. *shrug*
haha, I wouldn't be mad at you! I respect your opinion! :D
ColormeBSG
urcoolcarrie

Post by urcoolcarrie »

te he. same here. :)
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i think rosalie certainly has depth.

i also don't think rose WANTED bella to die. but i think that it was a possibility she had considered and not hated. edward says as much. i also feel like she helped bella out of concern for the baby, not bella. and i think that that was incredibly selfish.

i have ALL the sympathy in the world for rosalie's story. i cried the entire time she was telling it.

but i don't think that excuses her actions in BD, or NM. rosalie can see only what rosalie wants.

i think that all of the characters have done things that are bad, that are mistakes, but apart from bella, they have all had the best and most selfless intentions at heart, which is why those can be excused. but rose has HER best interest at heart, and that's it.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Edward Luvr
Settled in Forks

Post by Edward Luvr »

Ya, i agree. I really hated Rosalie in BD and was surprised that Jacob and her didn't get into a real fight. Jacob looked like he was gonna lose it with that girl!
Lioness Rampant

I loved the part when he pegged her with that dish!
"You.Got.Food.In.My.Hair."
Hahahah, hilarious
and the blonde jokes- priceless!
(I should know, I'm blonde!)
ColormeBSG
urcoolcarrie

Post by urcoolcarrie »

ha ha! i know! i'm also blonde, so it was especially funny. :) and the food in her hair thing, ya. i died of laughter when i read that!! HA HA!! :lol: