Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by Twilight<3 »

No, no, you misunderstood me. What I meant is that Rosalie lost everything she wanted. She wanted a child and would do anything to have one. Although she has Emmett, she was never exactly full. When Bella came along, she became jealous and then furious with her because she was making the wrong decision. So, most people hated Rosalie because she was so "cruel" but most of those people never looked into why Rosalie was so mean. It's devestating, really.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

oh ok i get that. and i agree. to an extent. i think that it was silly to hate her from the point where she tells her story in eclipse to book 2 of BD. once we see her story, her previous actions become clear, or her mindset while actually doing them. some of the stuff she did was just terribly mean, but her attitude towards bella and her inclusion into the family is soooo understandable. however, i cannot justify her attitude in BD.

rosalie is a vain, selfish person. SM says that. she sort of IS what everyone expects the cullens to be. and i think that that's sort of necessary to the story, to show that vampires are still people, they still have the same range of human qualities, from the very very good (carlisle, esme) to the struggling, but good (edward, jasper) to the fun and somewhat goofy (emmett, alice) to the selfish and vain (rosalie) to the actual evil (victoria, james, various volturi)

however, just because i think this is what type of PERSON she is does not mean that what happened to her should not be considered and taken into account when judging her. but vanity and selfishness were all present beforehand. and that's what gets me about her now.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

Twilightaddict wrote:Okay I vguess nobody has talked about Rose. I love Rose ...she can be irratating and mean at times but i found her soo hilarious in BD.....It was kind of strange how she and Bella became like Bffs all of a sudden..who agrees? but who thinks that she was just using her because she wanted her child ?? I think so but i dont wanna think that because I just love rose :D
I don't think it was strange. Rose told Bella that she wished that she would have had the choice to be transformed, basically so that she could have experienced life as a human (have kids, maybe even experience death). When she found out that Bella was pregnant, at first I thought it was because she wanted her child, too.. However, I realized she just wanted to do everything she could to keep Bella and her baby safe. I think she is just living vicariously through Bella, because, of course, Rose can't have children and couldn't experience certain things. I think it was very sweet that they became so close. No one can hate, Bella. :p
sparklyvampiresXD
Settled in Forks

Post by sparklyvampiresXD »

Me and my friends all have Cullen nicknames. They decided I'd make a good Rosalie. I think I'm a nice person, not very pretty. Blonde, though. Oh no, you can't be Jasper or Carlisle, Eva, you'd be a great Rosalie. :roll:

Since then, I've been very biased. I like Rosalie. In Breaking Dawn, I think she's doing what she'd have wanted Bella to do for her. And I love all the blonde jokes, despite my hair colour and IQ. ^__^
To quote my MSN name, I know the best blonde jokes.

In Twilight Rosalie was simply the pretty one that hated Bella. In New Moon, she told Edward about Bella's cliff dive (leading to the Italy trip and the ultimatum). But in Eclipse, I finally got to see what actually goes on inside Rose's head. I've loved Rosalie since then, and still do, despite her actions in BD and how they could be seen. And I'm still very biased. ^__^

RoseHugs!
Image Image Image
I'll keep you my dirty little secret
Edward et Bella. Toujours.
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

I am blonde, and I am unfortunate enought to have to share that in common with Rosalie. haha, maybe thats a bit strong. Lets just say that I would disgusted if anyone stereotypes blondes as clones of Rosalie. I would be insulted.

I belive that she is self-centered, incredibly insensitive, and VERY self-centered. Did I mention that she is self-centered?
All pity I felt (after reading her story) dissapated. Her story simply cannot justify her vain, selfish personality.
She is the most vain and arrogant character in the series. and selfish. don't forget selfish.
I like how niski put it:
The only reason anyone probably wants her around is because her and Emmett are a package deal and the rest of them like Emmett.
not to mention that everyone else is (unlike Rose) compassionate, forgiving and kind. (unlike Rose)
Sorry If I've offended any Rose-lovers. But I can't stand her!
ColormeBSG
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

i'm a blonde, and i could care less if someone refered to me as being like rosalie. that would just mean that i love my family enough to want to protect them no matter what.
i like rose for my own reasons. i don't understand why so many people dont like her. i believe she is a very strong person for what has gone on in her life.
As for the emmett and rose "package deal," i love emmett, but if he weren't there (lets be glad that isn't the case. i would die without his humor.), I would still like rosalie. I've always been fond of her.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Lioness Rampant

urcoolcarrie wrote:i'm a blonde, and i could care less if someone refered to me as being like rosalie. that would just mean that i love my family enough to want to protect them no matter what.
I would have to politely diagree with this statement.
I don't think that Rosalie loves her family enough to "protect them no matter what"
I am of the mind that Rose would be willing to give up every one of her family members if it meant she could get what she wants.
humanity.
she came pretty darn close in BD, with that baby.
and she is so selfish. Even her relationship with Emmett is self-centered.
ColormeBSG
urcoolcarrie

Post by urcoolcarrie »

with renesmee, rosalie was not willing to give up her family for it. i don't think that if her entire family were dying because of that baby that she would have just sat and watched. she would have figured out a way to save both, because they are both her "family."

gal, lioness rampant, we are always debating this subject, arent we? ha ha. oh well. its entertaining all the same. :)
Lioness Rampant

yes, urcoolcarie! :D it will never end, huh?
by "entire family" I meant eny sing one of her family memebers. including Bella, who was her family. I thought it was disgusting how she cared nothing for Bella's life and Edward's life, I might add. Why Edward's life? Because everyone knows perfectly well that if Bella died, Edward would be quick to follow.
but I digress.
Rosalie would have ripped the baby out of Bella herself if it meant she got the baby. But luckily, Jake, Edward, Alice, Carlisle, etc. would have stopped her.
ColormeBSG
urcoolcarrie

Post by urcoolcarrie »

ok, ok, ok.

i do have to say that i think that rosalie does care more about the baby than bella. lets face it-she wouldn't care very much if bella did die. i'll admit that you've got me there. but, how would she feel when all the sudden edward started feeling horrible? she cares about him. i think that perhaps, if she thought it through, she would have figured out that it would make his life miserable, and refrained. (i always get mixed up on refraining and restraining, so don't get mad if i used it wrong. ;))

te he. i like defending rosalie. its my hobbie. i love her so much, and i believe that i should stand up for her. she deserves to have someone on her side.