Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Jacob Black

Post by SenorGimp »

I have a question for you malaz: How did you feel about the ceasefire, and indeed the budding camaraderie between Edward and Jacob in Breaking Dawn?
For me it was one of the highlights of the series, so I'd like to know what you think of it...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I have a question for you malaz: How did you feel about the ceasefire, and indeed the budding camaraderie between Edward and Jacob in Breaking Dawn?
For me it was one of the highlights of the series, so I'd like to know what you think of it...
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Hey SenorGimp! Long time no talk and be offtopic on posts! :lol: I'm gonna answer malaz's question

I thought very highly of it. I loved the fact that the two were finally not bickering and fighting over Bella and now their main priority was Bella's safety throughout the pregnancy, and then Renesmee. They finally got past their burdens and did what they had to, and they still remain a healthy relationship. I'm glad they do. :D
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

SenorGimp wrote:I have a question for you malaz: How did you feel about the ceasefire, and indeed the budding camaraderie between Edward and Jacob in Breaking Dawn?
i was happy about it after my post-breaking dawn "i like jacob for a week phase" - now i am indifferent about it. it bothers me a bit, oddly enough - i don't know why, it just bothers me. I don't care much about their camarderie to be honest. i like the juicy stuff ;)
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

malaz, I think the Graduation Party part was when Jacob came by to deliver his present to Bella and noticed that she was a little nervous and preoccupied and wanted to know what the 'deal' was. She at first did not want to say anything and that's when Jacob 'clued in' that something was going down and he wanted to know for himself and for Sam. Alice came down the stairs and wanted to talk with Bella alone and Jacob would not let them pass and that is when Jasper showed up with a terrifying expression on his face - in which case Jacob backed off and then demanded to know was happening, blah, blah, blah.....

Alice agreed with Jacob that he needed to know and when he learned that the Cullens would be out-numbered, he said "No, it won't be even"!! to which Alice replied "Excellent!!" The rest is history.

Ta da!! A little long winded, but not a half bad recap. :lol:
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

hmmm, malaz...
I guess that answers that...
p.s.
we've almost maxed out this thread, everyone!!
I'm proud of us...:lol:
DesiringJB
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DesiringJB »

SenorGimp wrote:I have a question for you malaz: How did you feel about the ceasefire, and indeed the budding camaraderie between Edward and Jacob in Breaking Dawn?
Well well well.. I've been absent for a few days now, but I'm just gonna hop right in..

I, personally, thoroughly enjoyed Edward and Jacobs newfound alliance. I hated them always being pitted against each other.. It was nice to see something resembling friendship. Plus, if they were to tag team fight..well they'd kick butt ;)

And yes, I'm aware the question was addressed to Malaz.. :oops:
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

SenorGimp wrote:hmmm, malaz...
I guess that answers that...
p.s.
we've almost maxed out this thread, everyone!!
I'm proud of us...:lol:
"hmmm"?? was your assumption right, then? :?: :)
TeamJacob wrote:malaz- you say age is no excuse. but then you say he is bratty and naive, these things come with age. Age has everything to do with the maturity levels and hence actions of a person.
I have to put prominence on the fact that I know Jacob could have accentuated his maturity levels (if there is any to begin with). However, this point [his immaturity] has been excused by the time frame which he had to work with. If that’s the case, then it’s not brain development that affected his actions, rather his act, think later trait that’s the driving force to his rather incoherent for lack of better words actions.

What leads me to think so is that Jacob is fully and coherently aware of his actions, and if he’s pleased with what he’s achieved, he’d do it again if he can.
And I have to disagree, first - what particular age group are assuming exhibit the “naïve and bratty” traits? - believe it or not, my half a$$ed 9th grade English teacher was a real brat - downright idiotic and prejudiced and strict (so I am biased but still true) whereas I know my mom sometimes can be naïve too and my cousin…so those traits are not necessarily exhibited by only one age group.

And also, lets say that just because of his age he’s was acting bratty - his actions don’t necessarily mean that they should be approved and excused. Maybe understandable. like you see those 12 year old noobs on the internet and they talk shoot about everything and anything and they are so...- they are so bratty and young - i am not going to say "you're excused cos your young" crap. personally I have more compassion towards the people that are mentally challenged (has anyone read Flowers for Algernon?")
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

actually malaz, i have read that...
not since 7th grade (a lifetime ago, lol) but ya...
algernon was the mouse, right?
anyway, that was a very beautiful story, though i hardly remember it, something about a mentally challenged guy in a hospital, and a kid who gives him a mouse, maybe?
like i said it's been 10 years, so...
anyway, yes, malaz, my assumption was correct, but i'd rather not get into it, so as to avoid any seeming judgments of character... I like that you are able to so avidly and effectively speak your mind, and we'll leave it at that...
smiles
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

okayy, you just about doubled my curiosity. honestly it's ever so rarely that i am ever offended and i won't be. i love hearing people's opinion. and besides if you don't, i'll PM you till you spill :twisted: :lol: :D - promise - but if you want it that way...i guess i can move on ;)

hmm, yeah, you've got the story quite right. almost. remember, he got surgery to improve his brain and the mouse - he let it escape. but yeah, you're right in the end. it's such a cute and honest and deep story. love it <33

now...jacob.
I was reading bits of new moon and it was such a cute story. i love the honest and happy and loving jacob there - and i think my favourite scene from there was either when he climbed to bella's room like edward used to or when they are on the beach or when bella first comes and they are in the garage and oh yeah, his "sam mask" - i always find that funny for some reason... :lol: - well those are my favorite jake scenes, not from the whole book. my favourite is properly Italy - i love Aro and Caius <33