Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Emily Young

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Oh! I never even thought about that.

I'm sure they were told, as everyone else was, that she was mauled by a bear. Because they don't know the full story, I'm sure they question her decision to be with Sam on account of Leah, but I'm sure that in the end, they support their daughter.

That brings up another thing I hadn't thought about. Not everyone knows that Sam imprinted on Emily - in fact, most people probably think she stole him from her cousin. Do you think this bothers her?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Pendragon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Pendragon »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Oh! I never even thought about that.

I'm sure they were told, as everyone else was, that she was mauled by a bear. Because they don't know the full story, I'm sure they question her decision to be with Sam on account of Leah, but I'm sure that in the end, they support their daughter.

That brings up another thing I hadn't thought about. Not everyone knows that Sam imprinted on Emily - in fact, most people probably think she stole him from her cousin. Do you think this bothers her?
Well i'm sure that she is used to it by now. They live in a small community so it's likely that gossip like that circulates easily and she's had to deal with it many times. Probably it bothered her before, but now she had learned to deal with it.
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Angelvamp »

She is probably used to it, and it's probably not the only scandal in La Push. But I do think it bothers her. Especially not being able to tell her family the specifics about what happened. If it were me, I wouldn't care what the storekeeper down the road thought about me being a home wrecker. But if my mom or dad or sisters lost respect for me because of my actions, which I was forbidden to explain, that would really bother me.

Although, if they were given the whole mauled-by-a-bear story, maybe they were glad for Emily to have found someone caring enough to see past that.
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

Angelvamp wrote:She is probably used to it, and it's probably not the only scandal in La Push. But I do think it bothers her. Especially not being able to tell her family the specifics about what happened. If it were me, I wouldn't care what the storekeeper down the road thought about me being a home wrecker. But if my mom or dad or sisters lost respect for me because of my actions, which I was forbidden to explain, that would really bother me.

Although, if they were given the whole mauled-by-a-bear story, maybe they were glad for Emily to have found someone caring enough to see past that.
Wait who do u think forbade her to tell her parents the truth? I could not have been Sam since he would bend over backwards for her.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

I don't know. I think maybe it does bother her because it's her cousin, you know? Someone who she was really close to. Kind of a mark on her character, if you didn't know her, IMO. But if Sam had been with just some chick from the Rez, I don't think it would be as bad.

Pendragon, I think it's basically just a rule. It's not Sam's doing, it's a rule that he's under too.

Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

Pendragon wrote:Wait who do u think forbade her to tell her parents the truth? I could not have been Sam since he would bend over backwards for her.
Sam is bound by tribal law to keep the wolf pack a secret from everyone except the Elders, the members of the pack and the imprintees. I don't think family members are allowed to be in on the secret. In fact, wasn't one of the wolves in trouble with his mom because of sneaking out every night to patrol? Don't remember who that was, off hand. And the only reason Billy Black knows is because he is one of the Elders.
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

Angelvamp wrote:
Pendragon wrote:Wait who do u think forbade her to tell her parents the truth? I could not have been Sam since he would bend over backwards for her.
Sam is bound by tribal law to keep the wolf pack a secret from everyone except the Elders, the members of the pack and the imprintees. I don't think family members are allowed to be in on the secret. In fact, wasn't one of the wolves in trouble with his mom because of sneaking out every night to patrol? Don't remember who that was, off hand. And the only reason Billy Black knows is because he is one of the Elders.
It was Embry who was having troubles with his mom because of the ridiculous law. I think there should be a limit on how much they have to keep it a secret from. Close family members should have a right to know.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Agreed. Who knows how it would have helped Leah. How it could have helped Emily.

Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

I second the motion and move to resolve! :D Who is it that the Elders are trying to protect with that stupid law, anyway? Edward was right, the Elders wouldn't be the ones to break the treaty. It would be the younger generation, the ones who think all the legends were just a fairy tale. And that's what happened, when Jacob told Bella about the Cullens. So, why can't ALL the Quileutes know about the wolf pack? I'm sure that people outside the tribe would just dismiss it as superstition or oral tradition.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Guys, we are drifting from the topic of a character discussion on Emily. Please feel free to move this discussion to the Pack thread on the Quench Your Thirst forum which would be a GREAT place to discuss this.

To get this back on track, how do you feel the impact of the secrets have had on Emily? Do you feel that the tribe would treat her differently if they all knew the truth? Does Emily knowing the truth help her to be kind to Leah even though Leah may treat her poorly (I'm sure as long as Sam doesn't know). Considering Sam's status in the tribe, I find it hard to believe that Emily wouldn't be treated with anything but respect, even though Sam broke off his engagement with Leah to be with Emily. But I'm sure the gossip flowed.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!