Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Jared

Post by flow_3 »

I think all werewolfs are adorable specially Jacob...^_^
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

BreathelessVampire wrote:Jared's imprinting story gave me an impression. A weird one though.

When Jared imprinted on Kim, it was funny for me because Jacob said he never look twice at Kim before.

I guess imprinting is funny.
Yea, that kind of bothers me. She wasn't good enough for him until he imprinted on her. If I were Kim, I would play hard-to-get just so he can see what it's like. I don't think it should be as easy as: Kim who? *imprint* Omgawd, Kim! Come to me, baby! I think she should give him some grief about it. Nothing too serious though, because obviously it wouldn't do her any good to honestly blow him off, lol.

Hmm, but I guess I do kind of feel sorry for him that she's ugly. I mean, I know that doesn't matter at all when you imprint but you have Sam and Jacob and who have their goddesses (well, Emily used to be entirely pretty... ) and then you have Jared who gets plain ol' Kim. I guess that sort of balances things out.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
daniel.cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by daniel.cullen »

I don't think that the books ever said Kim was ugly, just not stunning like the others. In fact, during the bonfire, Bella thought Kim was very pretty, in her own way. And as for Sam and Jacob "who have their goddesses," Sam lost his first love (Leah) without having a say in it, mauled his soulmate (Emily), and is stuck with lifelong reminders of both. And I think we can all agree that Jacob didn't "have his goddess" at all. He was in love with Bella, then imprinted on a newborn half-vampire..... I'm sure Jared is gloriously happy in comparison.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

My first impression of Kim was that she was a nice girl, a little shy, and a little plain. She had a wide face, mostly cheekbones, with eyes too small to balance them out. Her nose and mouth were both too broad for traditional beauty. Her flat black hair was think and wispy...

The only reason Bella changed her opinion was because of the way Jared was looking at her, which, of course he's going to look at her that way. He doesn't have a choice in the matter. It doesn't make her any prettier to everyone else (except Bella, apparently). About the only thing the girl had going for her were her eyelashes.

Sam lost his first love... You say that like he mourns Leah every night when he goes to bed. He doesn't. I mean, sure he feels bad about what he did to her but he cares about Emily way more than he ever cared about Leah. And just because he scarred Emily doesn't mean he can never be happy. I'm sure he's happier than he's ever been- hurting Leah, scars, and all. Which is kind of freaky when you think about it. :P

Jacob didn't have his goddess, what? Of course he did. You don't think Renesmee was described as being the prettiest thing since Rosalie? I do. And she's made him happier than he's ever been; than he ever could have been. So I don't get what you're saying.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
spicey16

Post by spicey16 »

i shouldnt admit this but i dont really remember much of their imprinting :oops: but it reminded me of that saying "you where looking for diamonds and you missed a pearl" of course HS guys go for the "hottest" chick but afterwards realize that beauty fades and you need something a little more.. ahh i cant think of the word haha. anyways its like his imprinting helped him realize what he couldnt see
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Re: Kim- "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." And remember that we're seeing and experiencing everything through Bella's point of view. Kim may look plain to Bella- that doesn't mean she is plain.
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

I posted this elsewhere, but I read the Being Jacob Black extra again (on Stephenie Meyer's website) and it mentions that Jared has a "special ability."

Apparently his eyesight is incredible. Jacob says he's like a hawk and can "see for miles."

I just thought it was interesting. Someone mentioned it could be evolution playing a part, giving them some traits above the norm for shapeshifters.
spicey16

Post by spicey16 »

i was scanning it the other day and noticed that too.. it appears he can see better than all of the other wolves including sam and jacob. Maybe they all have special qualities like the vamps do only none are as blatant as hearing voices or seeing the future. Like sam's ability to stay calm and lead (except BD), jacobs control of his phasing, seths care free accepting... stuff like that
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

I don't think Sam's "stay calm and lead" is so much an ability as just good old leadership skills.

The alpha command notwithstanding, of course.
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by suzzeeQ »

Black wrote:he cares about Emily way more than he ever cared about Leah. And just because he scarred Emily doesn't mean he can never be happy. I'm sure he's happier than he's ever been- hurting Leah, scars, and all. Which is kind of freaky when you think about it. :P

I find this so tragic :cry: