Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Post by Jane V »

yeah, i think even though Edward is physically 17, he's really MUCH more mature; even though he never actually aged beyond 17 years, emotionally and mentally he's all "grown up".
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

although Edward is very mature and has experienced more of the world. and had had the chance to read human thoughts and understand humans and life. etc. his mind is still that of a 17 years old boy though. Mentally he's 17. but technically his mind hasn't matured beyond the 17 years he'd lived. I think the maturity and self-control and all those amazing traits come from his many long years of his exitance. does that make sense?

and emotionally, i really think he's 17 emotionally. he's never experience first love, and all of that. so emotionally he's 17. at least i think so. because when he met bella alot of emotions had began to appear (jealousy, fear, vulnerbility(not physically but emotionaly vulnerable)...)
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

this is an interesting question.

i think that when it comes to LOVE he's certainly 17, but when it comes to emotions and such he claims to be so much "older" than everyone else, at least that's how he come off.

off the current subject a bit, one of my favorite things that edward did for bella was the way he made sure she had as many human experiences as possible. he didn't want her to have to deal with regret. and i love that about him. i think it's what led him to be so understanding with jacob.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:this is an interesting question.

i think that when it comes to LOVE he's certainly 17, but when it comes to emotions and such he claims to be so much "older" than everyone else, at least that's how he come off.
How so?
i don't remember, but honestly. i am really curious as when Edward clamed to be emotionally older than everyone else?
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

he calls them "children" malaz.

but maybe we do it too. maybe we assign him more maturity than he really has. or maybe he has a lot more control over his emotions than most 17-year-olds, but bella is so disarming to him that he seems very young when he deals with her.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

i think Edward is much more mature as far as relationships go at 17. First of all 17 yr old boys want sex all the time, Edward doesnt. And he doesnt even give into Tanya. Second of all he treats Bella with respect, yes hes overprotecctive but that doesnt make it immature. I would trade my 26 year old boyfriend with a 17 yr old Edward right now. trust me
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:that just gave me a lightbulb moment. i have often accused edward of being a control freak about bella. but now that i think about it, he's a control freak about bella's safety, not her person. i think that's an important difference. i think it lends some insight into the situation at the beginning of eclipse - in his eyes, to have bella be with jacob would be to give over his control over her safety, just as it would be to have sex with her. that's why he reacted so irrationally and wrongly.

I'm really glad that you see it that way now. That's always how I've interpreted Edward's behavior -- it's not about controlling Bella, it's about protecting her from harm (whether he causes it or not).
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

navarre wrote:Edward is just truly a beautiful man to me. He really shines as each book progresses. After that horrid movie, I had to go back to my books and then read the manuscript to "The Book that Shall Not Be Named" to get my Edward fix and remove the 'sludge'.
Of course, I agree. Edward is just...perfect. I have no other words. I am SO reading Twilight (and the Unnamed Book) again after that hideous excuse of a movie so I can erase those images from my brain. I need to get back in touch with my version of Edward. For real.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Lunna-san

Post by Lunna-san »

twilight813 wrote:i think Edward is much more mature as far as relationships go at 17. First of all 17 yr old boys want sex all the time, Edward doesnt. And he doesnt even give into Tanya. Second of all he treats Bella with respect, yes hes overprotecctive but that doesnt make it immature. I would trade my 26 year old boyfriend with a 17 yr old Edward right now. trust me
I second that. 8-)
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote:I think the fact that Edward is 107 yes looks 17 is the reason why women of all ages are falling all over themselves for him :D

You betcha!!! ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict