Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Edward Cullen #3

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss all the things you've wondered about Edward as an individual. Keep posts about Edward and Bella's relationship to the general discussion forum.

Edward and Bella's relationship discussion found here.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.

This is a serious discussion forum. Consider your posts thoughtfully. This is also not a debate forum. We are here to discuss in depth the characters of Twilight.

I'm going to address a few problems we had in the last threads. First of all, stay on topic. I know that sometimes discussions drift off a specific character. When this happens move the discussion to the appropriate character's thread and bring the discussion back to Edward. As long as the discussion involves Edward we'll let it stay since it is hard to discuss Edward without discussing Bella, but the main point of the discussion needs to be about Edward.

Also, varying opinions are welcomed. They make discussions interesting. However, it is not acceptable to say or imply that someone else's opinion is wrong. It's their opinion. If someone disagrees with you, you don't have to continue to argue with them. Sometimes we all have to step back and agree to disagree. The bickering and spats got a bit extreme in the past. Bullies and general meanness will not be tolerated. Be civil to one another please.

Previous Edward threads:
Edward Cullen: http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/vie ... &sk=t&sd=a
Edward Cullen #2: http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/vie ... &sk=t&sd=a
Banner by urcoolcarrie
Stupidshinyvolvowner
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Post by Stupidshinyvolvowner »

YAY a new thread. So I believe that we left off talking about how to overcome our Edward obsession. Not quite sure that is possible anytime in the near future.

SO here's a new question. Do you think Edward enjoyed kissing Bella, or do you think the fact that he had to fight his thirst so hard made it difficult for him?
hlt013
Settled in Forks

Post by hlt013 »

I think he enjoyed it so much that he knew he had to stop kissing her. Someone in the theater during the bedroom scene yelled "just do her already". EVERYONE thought it was funny. Personally, i didn't. i thought it was rude and they must have not read the books and actually know how hard it was for him to stop and for him to jump back like he did. I'm sure he did enjoy it but he HAD to stop for her own good and his. ;)
HeAtHeR
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

hlt013 wrote:I think he enjoyed it so much that he knew he had to stop kissing her. Someone in the theater during the bedroom scene yelled "just do her already". EVERYONE thought it was funny. Personally, i didn't. i thought it was rude and they must have not read the books and actually know how hard it was for him to stop and for him to jump back like he did. I'm sure he did enjoy it but he HAD to stop for her own good and his. ;)
that's not funny. that's disgusting. people have no respect for real love and not just hormone-crazed teenagers. it pisses me off :evil:

i know what that feels like. when i saw the movie, the morons behind me were making crude comments the whole way through, almost, and i was about to turn around and shut them up by shoving my slushie cup somewhere uncomfortable.
:lol:

anyway, on the actual topic, i think you're right. i think Edward loved Bella so much he KNEW he had to stop so as not to hurt her. it's not that he didn't want to, it's just that the thought of hurting/killing Bella was unbearable.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote:YAY a new thread. So I believe that we left off talking about how to overcome our Edward obsession. Not quite sure that is possible anytime in the near future.

oh yes, agreed. sort of next to impossible. impossible for me.

oh yeah, i think Edward enjoys kissing bella. ALOT too. i mean, we're talking about vampires here and all their emotions are very intense. haha.
well lets just say. i don't mind if edward kills me in the proccess. it's heaven on earth. (omg my rank is "caught sight of Edward" 'bout time i did.)
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

Oooooh my goodness, I miss this thread!! :(

Well, it's impossible to get over an Edward obsession. It's a permanent thing. malaz, you said Edward really loves kissing Bella? Yes, he does, but I bet Bella loves kissing Edward even more. I mean, come on, kiss Bella...or KISS EDWARD. Yeah, I think I'd die from a heart attack mid-kiss. Maybe he'd change me...
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

BLOODLUST? where have you been? missed you!

well from a female perspective, kissing edward is a heart-wanting-to-burst-through-your-chest sort of thing. could be even fatal considering the lack of oxygen--because your lips will be glued to his. haha "GET OFF ME..." "nmmmooo"
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i think, for edward, being with bella in any way was always sort of weighing his extreme love for her against his EXTREME difficulty in being near her, at least at first. after new moon, i honestly don't think he had that much trouble dealing with her "scent" anymore. after that, i think he could really REALLY enjoy being with bella physically because he didn't have to worry about losing control and biting her, just the strength aspect of it.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Stupidshinyvolvowner
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stupidshinyvolvowner »

^^^I agree with that completely. I think in twilight and the beginning of NM, he was still fighting the scent, his heroin. I think he was impressed with his strength, but still expected it to falter at any moment. After thinking he had lost her and that she had died, I think it became a nonissue for him. I think after that, he just worried that he would hurt or kill her completely by accident with his strength and that was why he still held back.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

yep. and i think that's why he could be more physical with her in eclipse. it's easier to control your physical behavior than your instincts. plus, if he was squeezing too hard, so to speak, and bella whimpered, whined, screamed, or yelled, that'd be an indication he was going too far, and she'd be able to do that. she wouldn't if his will broke.

i think that's why he resisted having sex with her so much. because that would be intentionally putting her in a position (LOL) where he didn't have control of himself.

that just gave me a lightbulb moment. i have often accused edward of being a control freak about bella. but now that i think about it, he's a control freak about bella's safety, not her person. i think that's an important difference. i think it lends some insight into the situation at the beginning of eclipse - in his eyes, to have bella be with jacob would be to give over his control over her safety, just as it would be to have sex with her. that's why he reacted so irrationally and wrongly. and i think this could also help to explain jacob's reaction at the wedding. in his eyes, bella was deliberately being put in a position (again, LOL) in which there was no control over her safety.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...