Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Post by twilight1909 »

OOOKay anyways.....
Back to Edward. I have another question. Obviously Rob plays him in the movie, but is there anyone else that you pictured Edward looking like while you read the books?
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Marin
Settled in Forks

Post by Marin »

I always thought of Robert Pattinson. I liked him in Harry Potter, and so when I was reading the books I thought, "I hope they cast Robert Pattinson if they make a movie!" So you can imagine my surprise when they did.
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

I love that man! Everything about him screams romantic. I love how serious he is about taking great care of Bella, doing nothing to hurt her. And yet at the same time, he can be a bit sarcastic/funny. AGAIN, I love that man and I think that Robert Pattinson did a great job as Edward. It was absolutely perfect.

*pouts* I'm in love with a fictional character. :p
love2travel
Wandering Through Town

Post by love2travel »

I heart Edward Cullen! and although I didn't feel that Rob would be good-looking enough (what human could approximate the perfect good looks of a vampire, after all?), I think that Rob was great now that I've seen him in the movie and not just for trailers and interviews...
I can't wait to see New Moon... I hope they'll give him more exposure in the film (as opposed to the book) ;)
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

-veiled- wrote:I love that man! Everything about him screams romantic. I love how serious he is about taking great care of Bella, doing nothing to hurt her. And yet at the same time, he can be a bit sarcastic/funny. AGAIN, I love that man and I think that Robert Pattinson did a great job as Edward. It was absolutely perfect.

*pouts* I'm in love with a fictional character. :p
agreed.
and um...well, no actor matches to how edward looks like in my head. his genome is unfortunely unfounded in the human race and neither in any of the other kingdoms...
well rob looks nothing like how i see Edward but he does an amazing job...i've always considered henry cavil...only because he's the only actor i've been introduced to, to play Edward (through SM website). and Gaspard Ulliel is well, freaking hot. the scar on his cheek adds a dangerous effect and he has a french accent and he speaks french (a langauge that edward speaks) rob has a british accent though...oh well, Robert fits perfectly. and i think the other actors could have too. espically henry with emily (they have great chemistry. at least in manips. LOL)

i recently learned that Edward mastered 7 langauges...? pretty cool.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Marin wrote:I always thought of Robert Pattinson. I liked him in Harry Potter, and so when I was reading the books I thought, "I hope they cast Robert Pattinson if they make a movie!" So you can imagine my surprise when they did.

Wow, that's crazy! I'm sure you totally flipped out...
I'm guilty of the Rob Effect. Didn't like him at first, but now I love him. Edward just can't be accurately portrayed by a celebrity for me, or by any human for that matter. ;)
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

really?
i actaully loved rob from the beginning. my first thought was "wow he's hot." noticing how his jaw was so prominent in that picture from the GOF priemere....then i went to google and he just instantly screamed "perfect" for the role.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Rob has very distinct features and I think he is incredibly handsome!! He is the perfect Edward to me. :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

Loooove Edward!!!! 8-) :D
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

I have two questions: First what made Carlisle save Edward, after his parents died? Could he just not bear losing Edward after he lost his parents, or before his parents died, did they make him promise, he'd do ANYTHING to save him? Does the book ever mention what Edward's name was, before he was a vampire? Also, Edward mentioned he'd killed people. Has ever said specifically if he has ever killed innocent people?(Basically did he ever just go crazy and attack people?)
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!