Edward Cullen #3

Character Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Postby Lunna-san » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:32 am

E&BForever wrote:I have two questions: First what made Carlisle save Edward, after his parents died? Could he just not bear losing Edward after he lost his parents, or before his parents died, did they make him promise, he'd do ANYTHING to save him? Does the book ever mention what Edward's name was, before he was a vampire? Also, Edward mentioned he'd killed people. Has ever said specifically if he has ever killed innocent people?(Basically did he ever just go crazy and attack people?)
Chantell


Well, Chantell, most of your questions are answered in the beginning of New Moon. Carlsle decided turning Edward after his mother - Elizabeth Masen - made him promiss to do anything he could to save her son. She didn't know he was a vampire, but I believe she knew she was something else. Edward was dying. I think Carlisle looked at him and saw how young he was and he considered Elizabeth's request.... after two centuries living alone, I think he hesitated a lot biting Edward. So, yes, part of the reason was Elizabeth and also himself.

Edward's full name is Edward Anthony Masen Cullen

http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/?p=18

I think Edward, in Twilight or Eclipse said he passed through some rebel years. He couldn't understand why he couldn't feed of humans, if they were bad. So, yes, he was like Batman and Angel for a while, hunting perps in streets. But I think even them haunted him, so he decided going back home. After that, he went back to the veggie diet.
User avatar
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:19 pm

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Postby E&BForever » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:57 am

Lunna-san wrote:
E&BForever wrote:I have two questions: First what made Carlisle save Edward, after his parents died? Could he just not bear losing Edward after he lost his parents, or before his parents died, did they make him promise, he'd do ANYTHING to save him? Does the book ever mention what Edward's name was, before he was a vampire? Also, Edward mentioned he'd killed people. Has ever said specifically if he has ever killed innocent people?(Basically did he ever just go crazy and attack people?)
Chantell


Well, Chantell, most of your questions are answered in the beginning of New Moon. Carlsle decided turning Edward after his mother - Elizabeth Masen - made him promiss to do anything he could to save her son. She didn't know he was a vampire, but I believe she knew she was something else. Edward was dying. I think Carlisle looked at him and saw how young he was and he considered Elizabeth's request.... after two centuries living alone, I think he hesitated a lot biting Edward. So, yes, part of the reason was Elizabeth and also himself.

Edward's full name is Edward Anthony Masen Cullen
Thanks! I thought it was something like that.

http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/?p=18

I think Edward, in Twilight or Eclipse said he passed through some rebel years. He couldn't understand why he couldn't feed of humans, if they were bad. So, yes, he was like Batman and Angel for a while, hunting perps in streets. But I think even them haunted him, so he decided going back home. After that, he went back to the veggie diet.

Yeah, I heard about him being rebellious.
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:28 pm

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Postby twilight1909 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:47 pm

Even during Edward's dark years, he only hunted on evil people such as murderers, rapists, etc. Exactly like the men Bella encountered in Port Angeles.
Image
Image
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
User avatar
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:29 am
Location: Waiting in the meadow

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Postby Amethyst1 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:11 pm

twilight1909 wrote:Even during Edward's dark years, he only hunted on evil people such as murderers, rapists, etc. Exactly like the men Bella encountered in Port Angeles.

that's very interesting.

i find it funny and interesting at the same time. Funny because Edward got mad at Carlisle for "curbing his appetiete (sp)" therefore he left to go his own way. The quote is funny.
and interesting, because i was so surprised that Edward would do something like that. I like that he only persued the evil and denied the "good" if you shall call it. I wonder why it took him so long. Ten years. that's alot of people killed.
Does it bother anybody?
It doesn't for me, i don't have much problem with vampires killing humans. hey, it's "their natural food-source" :lol: woah, I becoming more like Aro - ahem, well...i don't blame Edward. I mean eat away, "ME FIRST!!" i certainly wouldn't mind if he was the one delivering it...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!
 
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:38 pm

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Postby velvet_voice » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:42 pm

malaz wrote:
twilight1909 wrote:Even during Edward's dark years, he only hunted on evil people such as murderers, rapists, etc. Exactly like the men Bella encountered in Port Angeles.

that's very interesting.

i find it funny and interesting at the same time. Funny because Edward got mad at Carlisle for "curbing his appetiete (sp)" therefore he left to go his own way. The quote is funny.
and interesting, because i was so surprised that Edward would do something like that. I like that he only persued the evil and denied the "good" if you shall call it. I wonder why it took him so long. Ten years. that's alot of people killed.
Does it bother anybody?
It doesn't for me, i don't have much problem with vampires killing humans. hey, it's "their natural food-source" :lol: woah, I becoming more like Aro - ahem, well...i don't blame Edward. I mean eat away, "ME FIRST!!" i certainly wouldn't mind if he was the one delivering it...


It doesn't bother me. The important thing is that he dicided to return and live like Carlisle because he didn't want to be a monster. I have to agree with you, that I don't have a problem with vampires killing humans either but I admire the Cullens for trying to be better. It's amazing how they fight against their nature because they want to be something else, not the monsters they are designed to be.
Image
"Alice!" Jasper's voice whipped, and then he was right behind her, his hands curling over hers.
She turned her face away from me, into his chest.

E<3B
User avatar
velvet_voice
Learning to Love Green
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:53 am
Location: In my happy place...

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Postby lexigail » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:21 pm

I was watching the movie Untamed Heart today. It's an early 90s movie. I noticed that the main character's love interest is much like Edward. The love interest is played by Christian Slater. He's queit. He's obsessed with the main character played by Marisa Tomei. He sneaks into her room and watches her sleep even before he's talked to her. I realized that Stephanie Meyer would've been a teenager around the time this movie came out. I know that Stephanie has explained that she modeled Edward after many literary characters, but I began to wander if she didn't get some of Edwards character trains and activities in the book from Christian Slater's character. The similarities jumped out at me. Does anyone know if there is a way to find out if this is true? Thanks.
lexigail
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Postby E&BForever » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:07 pm

Lunna-san wrote:
E&BForever wrote:I have two questions: First what made Carlisle save Edward, after his parents died? Could he just not bear losing Edward after he lost his parents, or before his parents died, did they make him promise, he'd do ANYTHING to save him? Does the book ever mention what Edward's name was, before he was a vampire? Also, Edward mentioned he'd killed people. Has ever said specifically if he has ever killed innocent people?(Basically did he ever just go crazy and attack people?)
Chantell


Well, Chantell, most of your questions are answered in the beginning of New Moon. Carlsle decided turning Edward after his mother - Elizabeth Masen - made him promiss to do anything he could to save her son. She didn't know he was a vampire, but I believe she knew she was something else. Edward was dying. I think Carlisle looked at him and saw how young he was and he considered Elizabeth's request.... after two centuries living alone, I think he hesitated a lot biting Edward. So, yes, part of the reason was Elizabeth and also himself.

Edward's full name is Edward Anthony Masen Cullen
Should be interesting to see some of what happened to Edward before he became a vampire. I know maybe his mother didn't know Carlisle was a vampire, but I guess she really did mean ANYTHING to save her child. I guess it was a last resort on Carlisle's part, because that was the only way to save his life?
Chantell
http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/?p=18

I think Edward, in Twilight or Eclipse said he passed through some rebel years. He couldn't understand why he couldn't feed of humans, if they were bad. So, yes, he was like Batman and Angel for a while, hunting perps in streets. But I think even them haunted him, so he decided going back home. After that, he went back to the veggie diet.
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:28 pm

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Postby vampbball » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:58 am

velvet_voice wrote:
malaz wrote:
twilight1909 wrote:Does it bother anybody?
It doesn't for me, i don't have much problem with vampires killing humans. hey, it's "their natural food-source" :lol: woah, I becoming more like Aro - ahem, well...i don't blame Edward. I mean eat away, "ME FIRST!!" i certainly wouldn't mind if he was the one delivering it...


It doesn't bother me. The important thing is that he dicided to return and live like Carlisle because he didn't want to be a monster. I have to agree with you, that I don't have a problem with vampires killing humans either but I admire the Cullens for trying to be better. It's amazing how they fight against their nature because they want to be something else, not the monsters they are designed to be.


See, it really bothers me. Not the killing of murderers, but I agree with Edward and Carlisle (and Jacob) that vampires are monsters. Human life is sacred, and predators of humans should be eliminated whenever they pose a threat to human life.

Which is why I was always a little surprised that Bella didn't pick Jacob over Edward. Jacob is committed to protecting human life; Edward isn't. (Neither are the rest of the Cullens; they want to protect their consciences and their way of life.) He loves Bella and so protects her, but he's no anti-vampire vigilante. The Cullens get away with not allowing other vampires to hunt near Forks because it's their territory. But if they were away from home? Would they stop vampire murders? And if they did, what would be the Volturi's response?

All that said, this is why I like Edward, Carlisle, and Alice (and now Eleazar and Carmen), because they truly do mourn the loss of human life, even if they aren't in a position to intercede on a human's behalf against another vampire.
vampbball
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:07 pm

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Postby Tessalc » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:19 am

vampbball wrote:
velvet_voice wrote:
malaz wrote:
twilight1909 wrote:Does it bother anybody?
It doesn't for me, i don't have much problem with vampires killing humans. hey, it's "their natural food-source" :lol: woah, I becoming more like Aro - ahem, well...i don't blame Edward. I mean eat away, "ME FIRST!!" i certainly wouldn't mind if he was the one delivering it...


It doesn't bother me. The important thing is that he dicided to return and live like Carlisle because he didn't want to be a monster. I have to agree with you, that I don't have a problem with vampires killing humans either but I admire the Cullens for trying to be better. It's amazing how they fight against their nature because they want to be something else, not the monsters they are designed to be.


See, it really bothers me. Not the killing of murderers, but I agree with Edward and Carlisle (and Jacob) that vampires are monsters. Human life is sacred, and predators of humans should be eliminated whenever they pose a threat to human life.

Which is why I was always a little surprised that Bella didn't pick Jacob over Edward. Jacob is committed to protecting human life; Edward isn't. (Neither are the rest of the Cullens; they want to protect their consciences and their way of life.) He loves Bella and so protects her, but he's no anti-vampire vigilante. The Cullens get away with not allowing other vampires to hunt near Forks because it's their territory. But if they were away from home? Would they stop vampire murders? And if they did, what would be the Volturi's response?

All that said, this is why I like Edward, Carlisle, and Alice (and now Eleazar and Carmen), because they truly do mourn the loss of human life, even if they aren't in a position to intercede on a human's behalf against another vampire.


I'm not so sure on this one! Carlisle was committed from day one to protecting human life! I don't think he has ever fed on a human! I can see where you're coming from about the the vampires and covens, but I guess its a bit like a religion! If you were a human-eating vampire, you wouldn't want the Cullen's preaching to you about a different lifestyle, anymore then a Christian would want a Jew preaching to them?!?
I'm Edward's Bella!
"I know-I'll play you for it," Alice suggested. "Rock, paper, scissors."
"Why don't you just tell me who wins?" Edward said wryly"
Alice beamed. "I do. Excellent."
User avatar
Tessalc
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Postby E&BForever » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:50 am

Tessalc wrote:
vampbball wrote:
velvet_voice wrote:
malaz wrote:
twilight1909 wrote:Does it bother anybody?
It doesn't for me, i don't have much problem with vampires killing humans. hey, it's "their natural food-source" :lol: woah, I becoming more like Aro - ahem, well...i don't blame Edward. I mean eat away, "ME FIRST!!" i certainly wouldn't mind if he was the one delivering it...


It doesn't bother me. The important thing is that he dicided to return and live like Carlisle because he didn't want to be a monster. I have to agree with you, that I don't have a problem with vampires killing humans either but I admire the Cullens for trying to be better. It's amazing how they fight against their nature because they want to be something else, not the monsters they are designed to be.


See, it really bothers me. Not the killing of murderers, but I agree with Edward and Carlisle (and Jacob) that vampires are monsters. Human life is sacred, and predators of humans should be eliminated whenever they pose a threat to human life.

Which is why I was always a little surprised that Bella didn't pick Jacob over Edward. Jacob is committed to protecting human life; Edward isn't. (Neither are the rest of the Cullens; they want to protect their consciences and their way of life.) He loves Bella and so protects her, but he's no anti-vampire vigilante. The Cullens get away with not allowing other vampires to hunt near Forks because it's their territory. But if they were away from home? Would they stop vampire murders? And if they did, what would be the Volturi's response?

All that said, this is why I like Edward, Carlisle, and Alice (and now Eleazar and Carmen), because they truly do mourn the loss of human life, even if they aren't in a position to intercede on a human's behalf against another vampire.


I'm not so sure on this one! Carlisle was committed from day one to protecting human life! I don't think he has ever fed on a human! I can see where you're coming from about the the vampires and covens, but I guess its a bit like a religion! If you were a human-eating vampire, you wouldn't want the Cullen's preaching to you about a different lifestyle, anymore then a Christian would want a Jew preaching to them?!?

I think you could be right there, about that preaching thing.(I'm a Christian). It could be all about that. Also, I'm curious. I know Edward doesn't remember much about being human. Does he tell Bella the few things he remembers, or does Carlisle? I read about Edward's father having been a lawyer, and him being from a pretty well-off family.Is this what he remembers? Does Edward or Carlisle have pictures of his family. And I'm curious after Carlisle made Edward into a vampire, was he presumed dead like his parents, or basically was hethought to have dropped off the face of the earth? I also wonder does Edward ever have flashbacks of hisfamily?
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:28 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Sparkling in the Sun

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron