Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Tanya

Post by slayerchick303 »

I didn't really feel anything about Tanya untill Breaking Dawn. I She seems kind of smug to me, if that makes any sense. When I read what's released of Midnight Sun I really started to not like her. She bothers me because she just couldn't imagine a universe where someone wouldn't want her, never mind it being Edward that didn't want her. I am hesitant to say that I don't think she really liked Edward a whole lot, she just wanted to see if she could change his mind to prove that she's not undesirable to anyone. That's just my opinion though.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

slayerchick303 wrote:I didn't really feel anything about Tanya untill Breaking Dawn. I She seems kind of smug to me, if that makes any sense. When I read what's released of Midnight Sun I really started to not like her. She bothers me because she just couldn't imagine a universe where someone wouldn't want her, never mind it being Edward that didn't want her. I am hesitant to say that I don't think she really liked Edward a whole lot, she just wanted to see if she could change his mind to prove that she's not undesirable to anyone. That's just my opinion though.
Yeah, I think she was definitely a little chagrined that her feminine charms didn't work on Edward. She's a little like Rosalie in that way. I think she genuinely had the hots for him, but in her case I don't think she was super interested in him for his mind. She just wanted a fling. However, I also think Edward was like family to her and that she was ultimately happy for him when he found what he was looking for. But I don't know... I'm just basing that off of my brief impressions of her from MS. I can understand your POV as well.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

I think Tanya is one of those people who has trouble understanding WHY someone might not be attracted to her. Yeah, a little like Rosalie. But for Rosalie, it came from her beauty, purely. With Tanya...I think she's...I don't know...sexy? In terms of personality and appearance.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

Lunna-san

Post by Lunna-san »

moon.cherry.twilite wrote:I think Tanya is one of those people who has trouble understanding WHY someone might not be attracted to her. Yeah, a little like Rosalie. But for Rosalie, it came from her beauty, purely. With Tanya...I think she's...I don't know...sexy? In terms of personality and appearance.
Well, the Denali girls are not just vampires, they are succumbus. So, she's used to have things on her way to men. To use them and discard when they get tired of them. I think she had some major plans of taking Edward as her lover for a couple of decades, without too much of a compromise and then move on. I think that's why Edward really never got interested in her. You ladies know Edward, he's all about romance, getting married virgin... :lol:

In BD, I thought she was okay. She knew it was time to back off when Edward introduced Bella as his wife. I like the way Tanya and her sisters are loyal to Carlisle and the Cullens.
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

moon sidhe wrote:
slayerchick303 wrote:I didn't really feel anything about Tanya untill Breaking Dawn. I She seems kind of smug to me, if that makes any sense. When I read what's released of Midnight Sun I really started to not like her. She bothers me because she just couldn't imagine a universe where someone wouldn't want her, never mind it being Edward that didn't want her. I am hesitant to say that I don't think she really liked Edward a whole lot, she just wanted to see if she could change his mind to prove that she's not undesirable to anyone. That's just my opinion though.
Yeah, I think she was definitely a little chagrined that her feminine charms didn't work on Edward. She's a little like Rosalie in that way. I think she genuinely had the hots for him, but in her case I don't think she was super interested in him for his mind. She just wanted a fling. However, I also think Edward was like family to her and that she was ultimately happy for him when he found what he was looking for. But I don't know... I'm just basing that off of my brief impressions of her from MS. I can understand your POV as well.
Yes, Tanya does share some similarities with Rosalie. Yeah, I think Tanya's feelings for Edward are pretty superficial. I think Tanya was glad to see Edward happy with Bella, but I also think that deep-down she was still a little... um, what's the word... not "hurt," but a little saddened, but not really "sad." I doubt that that made any sense, but I tried.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

No, it did make sense! I think she was maybe a little sad and/or disappointed that she'd never get to have her fling with Edward. Ultimately I think she was happy for him though.
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

moon sidhe wrote:No, it did make sense! I think she was maybe a little sad and/or disappointed that she'd
never get to have her fling with Edward. Ultimately I think she was happy for him though.
Agreed. Disappointed was the word I was looking for! I slept half an hour last night so I'm a little inarticulate tonight. But you're right. I think Tanya was disappointed, but not really "upset" by it.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

I figured that was what you meant. :) Whenever I'm sleep deprived I always find myself stumbling over my words as well.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Lunna-san wrote:
moon.cherry.twilite wrote:I think Tanya is one of those people who has trouble understanding WHY someone might not be attracted to her. Yeah, a little like Rosalie. But for Rosalie, it came from her beauty, purely. With Tanya...I think she's...I don't know...sexy? In terms of personality and appearance.
Well, the Denali girls are not just vampires, they are succumbus. So, she's used to have things on her way to men. To use them and discard when they get tired of them. I think she had some major plans of taking Edward as her lover for a couple of decades, without too much of a compromise and then move on. I think that's why Edward really never got interested in her. You ladies know Edward, he's all about romance, getting married virgin... :lol:

In BD, I thought she was okay. She knew it was time to back off when Edward introduced Bella as his wife. I like the way Tanya and her sisters are loyal to Carlisle and the Cullens.
Edward certainly proved a challenge to Tanya. I guess when you are a succubus and are naturally alluring, sensual and beautiful, and you are used to men being drawn to you, it would be a 'smack in the face' when a gorgeous vampire like Edward shows no real interest in you. I was glad when she did back off and I especially liked how she handled herself in BD and along with the rest of her family stood with the Cullens and the wolves for the confrontation scene at the end.

That showed class the way she treated Bella - respectfully and hats off to Bella for acting the same way towards Tanya even after knowing about Tanya's past actions towards Edward. That's how I saw it anyway.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

navarre wrote: Edward certainly proved a challenge to Tanya. I guess when you are a succubus and are naturally alluring, sensual and beautiful, and you are used to men being drawn to you, it would be a 'smack in the face' when a gorgeous vampire like Edward shows no real interest in you. I was glad when she did back off and I especially liked how she handled herself in BD and along with the rest of her family stood with the Cullens and the wolves for the confrontation scene at the end.

That showed class the way she treated Bella - respectfully and hats off to Bella for acting the same way towards Tanya even after knowing about Tanya's past actions towards Edward. That's how I saw it anyway.
You are right! I kind-of didn't really think of it that way. I knew that Tanya had her feelings hurt when Edward rejected her, but I didn't really consider how much she would be hurt. I was impressed that she put her feelings for Edward and Bella aside and fought with them in Breaking Dawn. It was a very honourable action.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B