Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Laurent

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss Laurent.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
BlueOrchid
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Laurent

Post by BlueOrchid »

Laurent, in my mind, is somewhat of a tragic character. To me, he was completely a victim of being a vampire. He was never intentionally cruel to Bella. He told her that her death would be quick. He just saw himself as a member of the dominant species: vampire. This ultimately led to his downfall when he was defeated by the wolves.
MajorKlutz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MajorKlutz »

I'm very surprised that no one has talked about Laurent yet. To me Laurent was a very senstitive vampire. I thought that when he "ran" into Bella in the meadow it was kind of hard for him to tell her that she would die but that the death would be quick and painful. I really think that Laurent tried to become a vegetarian vampire and that kind of dedication deserves a pat on the back. Pat on the back for Laurent! I am very disappointed that Irina used his death to revenge against the Volturi!!!
I love my men cold, dead, and sparkling!!!! (*sparkle, sparkle*)
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

laurent is a horrible person. he was supposed to be a friend of tanya's family and so that made him in a sense loyal to Carlise's family. He was more that willing --with no regret that i could see esp. since he knows he has different choice---- to break that trusting agreement. I felt he was no better than James
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by pixiealice »

I am mixed about Laurent. In Twilight I thought he was noble and worthy of staying with Denali clan to avoid any animosity with the Cullens. However, when he was recruited by Victoria and found Bella in the meadow, shame on him. Maybe he tried to be vegetarian, maybe he didn't. But he knew what killing Bella would start and how that would cause major issues with the Cullens. Thank God for Sam and his pack. Laurent ultimately got what he deserved.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

At first I liked Laurent and he was okay... all things considered. As I am in the middle of reading New Moon for the second time, I have to say. I do NOT really like Laurent.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I liked him in Twilight. I thought he was going to become one of the good guys. He seemed genuinely interested in the Cullens' lifestyle.

I had mixed feeling about him in New Moon. He obviously spent some time with the Denali clan, but still chose to come back to Forks as a favor to Victoria. Why? I know he was afraid of James, but James was dead. Did he feel some sense of duty towards Victoria or was he afraid of her as well? I didn't feel too harshly towards him for still feeding on humans occasionally because the vegetarian lifestyle is hard. Jasper still struggles with it so I took that into consideration before judging Laurent. However, his decision to kill Bella was wrong. If he had been out of control in hunting mode, I could have been more understanding, but the way that he paused and asked her all those questions to assess the situation before making his decision means that he was perfectly capable of thinking things through and could have just as easily decided not to kill her.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

i kinda like laurent, lol.... anyhoo, i was wondering, in twilight it sounds like, well it LOOKS like laurent is the one who says: "you brought a snack" but in the twilight trailer it shows james saying it....
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
Terracottakitten
Settled in Forks

Post by Terracottakitten »

This post is filled with lots o' spoiler-tastic spoilers, so be warned...

I thought S.Meyer really dropped the ball with Laurent. I mean, he wasn't genuinely BAD per se, in Twilight, and then we see him in New Moon as he's telling Bella that he tried to stick with his 'diet', but it was too hard. Anyway, in New Moon I hear that people don't like him anymore, because he's betraying the Denali Clan and such, but I got a bit different impression of him, because he WAS struggling, he WAS trying to be good... Well, at least before S.Meyer ruined that perception in Breaking Dawn.

What I'm talking about is when Bella turns into a vampire, it's the perfect opportunity for her to show the readers how difficult it really is to stay away from human blood, right? How much she struggles with it, and how it's driving her MAD from wanting it (S.M. could even put in that it's so hard to stay with Edward while she's smelling humans so near, ya know, for maximum angst) and how hard it is for Laurent (and Jasper) to stay on the band wagon. But NO, instead, what we get is 'IM SUPER GUD CUS I DON NEED TEH BLOOD AND TEH OTTER VAMPYRS R WEEK AN JUS WIMPY'... I mean, come on... Laurent could have been painted in such a better light, but then again, no one can ever match the beauty and wonder of our fair Bella, can they?
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

Laurent was one of those people that just made me want to scream! lol
I was so mad at the way he turns away from the cullens when his freak friend wanted to hunt them down. and then I was mad when he returned and almost killed Bella, not for victoria, but because he was hungry but he will add details to the story just so she would be a little pleased. He just seemed to turn his back on everyone and couldn't be a trusted person. I was happy when the werewolves killed him! =) lol
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3