Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Esme Cullen

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

bite_me wrote:I love the way she's motherly to everyone, even werewolves, her supposedly mortal enemies, and Bella, her food source.

I wish we'd seen her with Nessie though.. It mentions Carlisle being a grandfather, but does anyone realise that Esme is a grandma?

I know shes only about 26 or whatever, but somehow that fits.
i know!!! i was reading BD again and i realized that it never really mentiones Esme becoming a grandmother, which is kinda sad since i think that esme will really love her and spoil her....
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
esmecullen740
Settled in Forks

Post by esmecullen740 »

I like how caring Esme is. She's probally my favorite from the book beside Alice. I really wish We get to see her more in the books.
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

I think Esme was a great fit in with the Cullens. It's sad that she lost a child and tries to kill herself, too, but I think it all worked out in the best because she is able to be a wonderful mother figure to the "children" she has now.
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

I love Esme, I really wish she had a bigger role in the books. She's so sweet and caring. She really fits as the mother figure to the Cullens.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

^^ IA. I wanted to see read about how Esme and Carlisle came to be a couple. That must be a cute story. And of course I wanted to read about the smiley teenager Esme.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i think it's on SM's site somewhere but i remember it mostly i think.

When Esme was real young, like seventeen, she broke her arm and Carlisle was the doctor who fixed it. then she grew up and Esme was so ready to get married and have kids because she's such a loving person that she allowed herself to get engaged to this kind of awful guy. Actually really awful. But she was pregnant so she stayed with him cuz she wanted the baby but then she had a miscarriage so she had nothing to live for so she jumped off a cliff and Carlisle found her in the morgue and recognized her and saved her and then when she "woke up" she recognized him as the handsome young doctor who fixed her arm.

i think it's possibly the cutest of all the love stories in the book.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:i think it's on SM's site somewhere but i remember it mostly i think.

When Esme was real young, like seventeen, she broke her arm and Carlisle was the doctor who fixed it. then she grew up and Esme was so ready to get married and have kids because she's such a loving person that she allowed herself to get engaged to this kind of awful guy. Actually really awful. But she was pregnant so she stayed with him cuz she wanted the baby but then she had a miscarriage so she had nothing to live for so she jumped off a cliff and Carlisle found her in the morgue and recognized her and saved her and then when she "woke up" she recognized him as the handsome young doctor who fixed her arm.

i think it's possibly the cutest of all the love stories in the book.
It's in one of the PC. But I definitely want to hear more about them.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

me too. it's just adorable. like, i love the premise of it.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Moonlit Sunlight wrote:i know!!! i was reading BD again and i realized that it never really mentiones Esme becoming a grandmother, which is kinda sad since i think that esme will really love her and spoil her....
I haven't been in here in a while (since page 1 of the thread!) - I think Esme had some heavy competition between Rosalie and Jacob to get a hold of Nessie. I like the line in Breaking Dawn about the "girls" (or was it just Rose and Alice) keeping a scrapbook of Nessie's childhood. I bet those scrapbooks would be worth more to Esme than all the treasures that she has. I can imagine that in her quiet way, she'd get to spend time with Nessie and be a "good grandma" (especially since Renee will have to be kept in the dark a bit more about Nessie's development than Charlie is).

Speaking more of Esme, where and how do you think she was able to find all those amazing trinkets and treasures to decorate Bella and Edward's stone cottage? I don't see her travelling very far away from home to hunt these items out to buy them, yet I don't have a picture of her doing business on the Internet with dealers from around the world. Any ideas?
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

^^ Money does wonders! LOL
I think that she knows some really good decorating shops around the US, plus she has literally 24 hours a day to look for what she wants! x]
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss