Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Garrett

Post by samajama »

Alphie wrote:Personally, Garrett was my favorite new character in Breaking Dawn. I LOVE him. For some reason, he reminds me of the vampire version of Ian O'Shea. LOL! Maybe that's just my wishful thinking, huh. But I really enjoyed watching his progression from a loner nomad to standing up for the Cullen family - and being the first one to actually call them a family and not a coven - and then move into a relationship with Kate. His line about following her anywhere is just perfect.

Anyone writing Garrett/Kate fan fic? Let me know!
me too!!! i have no idea why, but after reading about garrett i fell absolutely in love with him. he's so awesome!! :D :D
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

Garrett strikes me as a very self confident, wonderful personality, take no crap kind of guy. He's awesome!
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair. - Rosalie Hale
Team-Jacob7
Settled in Forks

Post by Team-Jacob7 »

He and Kate are totally one of my favourite couple, they're perfect.
If SM decided to do more to the Saga I hope these two are mentioned
The wolf fell in love with the lamb
ilovespaceheaters
Wandering Through Town

Post by ilovespaceheaters »

I hope Stephenie does a story about Garrett. He is awesome. Different. Very interesting.

"Go fetch a space heater."

[22.8.08] Best day of my life.

ManSpice
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

Alphie wrote:Personally, Garrett was my favorite new character in Breaking Dawn. I LOVE him. For some reason, he reminds me of the vampire version of Ian O'Shea
EXACTLY!!! While I was reading I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was that I adored so much about Garrett but you have hit the nail on the head! He is the Twilight version of Ian! Ugh! Brilliant! Maybe he isn't as sweet as Ian, or maybe he just wasn't developed enough for us to truly be able to compare him to Ian on that level but still... brilliant.
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

iriseyes
Settled in Forks

Post by iriseyes »

i was such a big fan of garrett in BD. ;) His personality is something that anyone can connect with instantly. i felt so bad when kate was shocking him at the end, but he cared about her enough to not let go, even though she was really hurting him. :shock: I loved his speech at the end too. you could really feel every word that he said. :D
y3nd0
Who Needs Spell Check When You Have Me?

Post by y3nd0 »

samajama wrote:
Alphie wrote:Personally, Garrett was my favorite new character in Breaking Dawn. I LOVE him. For some reason, he reminds me of the vampire version of Ian O'Shea. LOL! Maybe that's just my wishful thinking, huh. But I really enjoyed watching his progression from a loner nomad to standing up for the Cullen family - and being the first one to actually call them a family and not a coven - and then move into a relationship with Kate. His line about following her anywhere is just perfect.

Anyone writing Garrett/Kate fan fic? Let me know!
me too!!! i have no idea why, but after reading about garrett i fell absolutely in love with him. he's so awesome!! :D :D

Make that three! :D Garrett was amazing in Breaking Dawn, although he is not my favorite. When he hooked up with Kate, I let out an "Awww... I'm glad you found someone to make you happy!" :D
But someone tell me why the only face that popped in my head whenever I read the name Garrett was one of the contestants named Garrett on Hell's Kitchen Season 2. XP
HOORAH FOR DODOBIRDS!
twilighter4eva
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter4eva »

Garrett was one of my fave new character in BD, besides Benjamen. He is awesome. I loved his "speech" and when he was talking to Kate during the battle.
"If I help you up,...etc." Fantanulous!
"Uh, I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it."- Edward

"How do we even know she's Italian? Her name's Bella."
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

I agree with everyone here...Garrett was just easily likeable...I mean one quick scene with Kate and I was squealing like I did when Edward first told Bella that he loved her.

I don't know; he had this sense of cuteness and major-hotness floating around him that I couldn't resist squealing whenever he came up.

Especially when he talks to Kate:

I think this is how it's supposed to go-
(Garrett: I'll follow you anywhere, woman.
Kate: Oh, now, he tells me...)

XD, that made me laugh and squeal at the same time. And he'll certainly ease the grief of the Denali clan after Irina's death (which I'm not that sad over, anyways, considering that she DID want to kill the wolves. But I can see what revenge and love can do to you; so I don't blame her.)
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

Alphie wrote: Anyone writing Garrett/Kate fan fic? Let me know!
*raises hand* Definitely!

It's called 'Always', a progression of nomad Garrett to 'I'll follow wherever my woman (Kate! Lol) is' Garrett.

I'm also thinking about writing a Human/AU fic about them, but I don't know, yet.

-Janine

P.S: And, yes, he truly is the vampire version of Ian!
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda