Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Garrett

Post by Elizabeth »

alellie wrote:I agree with everyone here...Garrett was just easily likeable...I mean one quick scene with Kate and I was squealing like I did when Edward first told Bella that he loved her.

I don't know; he had this sense of cuteness and major-hotness floating around him that I couldn't resist squealing whenever he came up.

Especially when he talks to Kate:

I think this is how it's supposed to go-
(Garrett: I'll follow you anywhere, woman.
Kate: Oh, now, he tells me...)

XD, that made me laugh and squeal at the same time. And he'll certainly ease the grief of the Denali clan after Irina's death (which I'm not that sad over, anyways, considering that she DID want to kill the wolves. But I can see what revenge and love can do to you; so I don't blame her.)
I can't put my finger on why, but I just thought he was hot! I'm just smitten for this guy. I know a lot of it is because of his carefree lifestyle, his passion for adventure and life, the great speech and the best line ever! I can't even imagine who could play Garrett if the movie gets made. Any thoughts?
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

Umm... Brad Pitt maybe? I don't know, he might be a little too short. I'm not a huge Brad Pitt fan, but I remember him in that one movie with the fly fishing (I can't remember the name, it was set in the 1920's), and he was dancing with the Indian girl, and all of my innards melted. Just from that one performance, I can totally see Brad doing Garrett!
I Want to Believe
MomoLivesInSpoons
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: As far away from Forks as you can get while staying in America.

Post by MomoLivesInSpoons »

I agree with most of the posts here. Garrett just seemed so instantly likeable to me. I'm sure why, but he seems like one of those people who you just can't help but loving. He's one of my favorite new minor characters. At the end of Breaking Dawn where he holds back Kate and gives his little speech thing-y, it was really...I don't know how to describe it without sounding all cutesy. I'm so happy for Kate and Garrett and think they make a really good couple.
Grrrrr...
-- momo
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

alellie wrote:I agree with everyone here...Garrett was just easily likeable...I mean one quick scene with Kate and I was squealing like I did when Edward first told Bella that he loved her.

I don't know; he had this sense of cuteness and major-hotness floating around him that I couldn't resist squealing whenever he came up.

Especially when he talks to Kate:

I think this is how it's supposed to go-
(Garrett: I'll follow you anywhere, woman.
Kate: Oh, now, he tells me...)
I was the same way. I wish he had come earlier in BD, he's such a great character I always smile in his scenes.
When he tells Kate he'll follow her anywhere I squealed too! It was so cute, especially after the wedding (i believe) scene where Kate and Tanya make a comment about them one day finding mates.

I also thought it was funny when he wanted to be shocked by Kate and then was just thought it was awesome. :D
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Ally_Cat: I was wondering if Garrett liked being shocked by Kate a little too much. It definitely had me wondering, but that's something that's best left for the gutter girls!

Glstewart: Are you referring to Legends of the Fall? I'm not a big Brad Pitt fan either, but he got my attention in Meet Joe Black. Something about Brad's portrayal of the devil made him one sexy devil!

I'm thinking Brad's probably too 'old' to play Garrett, even though we have no definite age for him. SM seems to make most of the vampires younger than the traditional/stereoptypical vampires, excluding the Romans of course. Height isn't a big deal because you can't see that on film, but I had envisioned him as a tall, and muscular- but in a lanky way. (Does that even make sense?) Oh! I thought of a great person just now! He has to change his accent, but he could've definitely be an older Jasper. My choice for Garrett is Josh Holloway- aka Sawyer from Lost. What do you all think? Cam would've made a great Garrett too.
Team Edward:
Because...
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

Glstewart: Are you referring to Legends of the Fall? I'm not a big Brad Pitt fan either, but he got my attention in Meet Joe Black. Something about Brad's portrayal of the devil made him one sexy devil!
Actually, the Brad Pitt movie came to me last night -- "A River Runs Through It". I think Brad is probably too old to do Garrett age-wise, but he's still pretty youthful looking. And yes, muscular and lanky makes perfect sense.
I Want to Believe
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

He is my favorite non-vegetarian vamp. He just seems so cool. I like what he says to Kate (I think was her name... forgive me I can't remember at this time) at the end of BD about if they live he will go anywhere with her.
He just seems cool.
ImageImage
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I'm gonna put this question out for everybody:
Which actor/actors could you see play Garrett if BD ever got made into a movie?

I've already said Josh Holloway- aka Sawyer from Lost.
Team Edward:
Because...
Jenn
Settled in Forks

Post by Jenn »

He's just so loveable... I like him because he's an adventurer...

About the actor... You're right, Elizabeth, Josh Halloway would be a good choice...

Or maybe Jensen Ackles...

What do you think?
After all, how many ways can one heart be
mangled and still be expected to keep beating?

Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Jensen is a beautiful guy! I'm not sure how he'd look with sandy-blond hair though. He'd have to work on losing his Texas accent. But I wouldn't mind any of the differences, I'd be too busy cleaning the drool off my shirt. :D
Team Edward:
Because...