Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Re: Garrett

Post by Bizarre Star »

LadyDi wrote:(Hey, maybe that's how the war was won and America was created - thanks to a patriotic vampire with an adventuring, honourable heart!)
That is such an amazing story waiting to be told. I can see it now... Garrett versus the Red Coats!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I just fell for Garrett. First of all he's from the North, being turned at a pivotal point of American history, and this all shows. His passion for life and adventure and for justice seems to have a lot to do with when he became a vampire. I loved his courage, being able to tell the Volturi off and to live his life based on his own terms. His speech was awesome! I was almost waiting for Patrick Henry to pop up with 'give me liberty or give me death.' He's open-minded enough to try the vegetarian hunting out, and he thought that being shocked by Kate was exciting but I already knew he was crushing on Kate by that point. I wish we'd met his character sooner! I hope it's not the last we see of him.
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

Bizarre Star wrote:
LadyDi wrote:(Hey, maybe that's how the war was won and America was created - thanks to a patriotic vampire with an adventuring, honourable heart!)
That is such an amazing story waiting to be told. I can see it now... Garrett versus the Red Coats!
When someone writes this fan fiction, will one of you PM me and let me know it's up? I read very little fan fiction, but I would certainly read a Garrett takes on the Red Coats fan fic!

And then I'd like to read one about him and Kate. Ahem...
obsessedsmallgirl3
Settled in Forks

Post by obsessedsmallgirl3 »

As everyone else said...Garret was my favorite new character in Breaking Dawn. I loved the connection that was created between him and Kate. And of course his "I'll follow you anywhere" line was swoonable
"You should've seen his face when I started taking off my clothes, though. Priceless."

http://media.photobucket.com/image/rene ... e.jpg?o=17
LexiCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by LexiCullen »

Alphie wrote:Personally, Garrett was my favorite new character in Breaking Dawn. I LOVE him. For some reason, he reminds me of the vampire version of Ian O'Shea. LOL! Maybe that's just my wishful thinking, huh. But I really enjoyed watching his progression from a loner nomad to standing up for the Cullen family - and being the first one to actually call them a family and not a coven - and then move into a relationship with Kate. His line about following her anywhere is just perfect.

Anyone writing Garrett/Kate fan fic? Let me know!
He reminded me of Ian a bit, too! I thought I was the only one, lol. I loved his speech during Breaking Dawn. I do wonder why he was a loner for so long though. He seems to behave very well around people and deals well with the other vampires-- he doesn't seem like the bloodlust type. And I love him with Kate! I'd like to read/see/hear more about those two in the future. :)
dazzledby
Settled in Forks

Post by dazzledby »

Agreement with everyone else on this thread; Garrett was the most interesting new character introduced in Breaking Dawn to me. Well, him and Kate together. They just have the makings of such a great relationship. It's amazing we are all so touched by characters that play, on the whole, a small part in the saga. (On a side note; I've made some Kate and Garrett fan art -a header, a handful of icons and signature- if anyone wants to use them. )
And to Alphie's respone - I did note the touches of Ian in him. So maybe not just wishful thinking. ;) I also know some really good Kate and Garrett fan fiction if anyone wants the links.
credit: me!
SydlovesTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by SydlovesTwilight »

I must agree with Garrett being one of the most interesting new characters in Breaking Dawn. I'd love to see a book from Stephanie involving both Kate and Garrett's perspective. I think Stephanie can see it too. I mean why Is Garrett's character so in depth for just one book and Karrett or Gate are a love story waiting to be written. Please Stephanie?!

dazzledby wrote:(On a side note; I've made some Kate and Garrett fan art -a header, a handful of icons and signature- if anyone wants to use them. )
I'd love to use them. :D
dazzledby
Settled in Forks

Post by dazzledby »

Sent the links to you. Some great Garrett/Kate resources I've found in terms of fan art, fan fiction and fan mixes...

http://community.livejournal.com/kateandgarrett/
http://community.livejournal.com/garrett_kate/
credit: me!
NolitaFairytale
Wandering Through Town

Post by NolitaFairytale »

No question here: Garrett is my fave new character from Breaking Dawn. I don't know exactly what it is about him. He's just such a complex character. I mean, sure, he's not a "vegitarian," but he was willing to give it a try. His whole monologue during the final battle was absolutely brilliant. And I loved the whole Garrett/Kate relationship. It would make an amazing series in itself!

Proud member of the I <3 Gustavo and his Flowing Portuguese Association.
NessieFan
Wandering Through Town

Post by NessieFan »

Ahh Garrett...I never thought another Vampire could win me over as easily as Edward did but Garrett was able to and i must say that is no easy feat. As many have said his monologue at the end was one that should be put in the history books and the relationship between kate/garrett would be a tale I would gladly read.
From this moment on your story starts now, all that came before is prelude. Write the ending as you see it and live it, not as how the fates decide it.