Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Carlisle Cullen

Post by Jazz Girl »

Moonlit Sunlight wrote:yeah i agree... even Jacob who hated the vampires had a hard time trying to hate Carlisle... and i mean he's so charasmatic and sweet.... but if i was the bad guy i would also be scared of Carlisle... i mean i think he could be a really scary vampire if he wanted to be one.... and Pete Facinellie was great as Carlisle.. he portrayed him very well and i though he looked great with Esme.
Hmmm.... Interesting thought, Moonlit Sunlight. I don't know if I could ever be scared of Carlisle. I mean, we know he defends Bella against James & crew in Twilight. We know he fights the newborns in Eclipse. And, we know he's prepared to fight the Volturi in BD, if it had been necessary. But, in each of those situations, it was totally as a last resort. I have always found Carlisle so reassuring and gentle. I don't think I could ever be scared of him. Even with the "bad guys", look at how he handles Bella's attackers, or lead attacker, in MS. He drugs the guy and leaves him in front of a police station. And, we know how well Edward explained exactly what a lowlife scum he was. Carlisle truly abhores the thought of violence of any kind. He's a rare individual.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

I really can't picture Carlisle as scary. He's kind and gentle. He never wants to fight. He does everything in his power to avoid fighting. He's a doctor. He heals people. "Do no harm." I really can't picture him killing anyone, no matter how bad they were. I know he fought in Eclipse, but I'd be willing to bet that he didn't actually kill anyone. Emmet and Jasper probably did most of the killing. In that way (among others), he and Esme are well matched. I've read on the Esme board that people can't imagine Esme really fighting or killing anyone and I agree. Carlisle and Esme are very peaceful.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

If only peaceful people like them were everywhere in every profession . . .

I wonder if any of the doctors at the hospital would be freaked out by carlisle's skill and stuff. . . becuase when he's operating if he's doing surgery that normal doctors need a microscope for, he wouldn't need one, would he?

Though I suppose he would use it anyway to keep up appearances.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

He definitely uses all the equipment a "normal" doctor uses... or at least sets it up to look like he is using it. I bet others doctors are in awe of his skill. I love how he talks about using his enhanced abilities, even just his sense of smell, to detect issues that otherwise would go unnoticed and how it helps him to save lives. But, to avoid too much scrutiny or attention, he would have to go about it in as "normal" a way that he can, with explanations as to how he caught things that make sense to other doctors.

Though, I imagine that in places like Forks, he isn't encountering these kinds of situations very often.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

roseaurora wrote:He definitely uses all the equipment a "normal" doctor uses... or at least sets it up to look like he is using it. I bet others doctors are in awe of his skill. I love how he talks about using his enhanced abilities, even just his sense of smell, to detect issues that otherwise would go unnoticed and how it helps him to save lives. But, to avoid too much scrutiny or attention, he would have to go about it in as "normal" a way that he can, with explanations as to how he caught things that make sense to other doctors.

Though, I imagine that in places like Forks, he isn't encountering these kinds of situations very often.
Yeah i agree and i also do think that all of the doctors are in awe of his skill he has as a doctor... i also think that all the nurses must be very taken with his beauty....
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I think Charlie actually mentions that^ in Twilight. How all of the nurses have a hard time focusing on their work with Dr. Cullen around. -chuckle-
poor nurses, he's taken!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

SenorGimp wrote:I think Charlie actually mentions that^ in Twilight. How all of the nurses have a hard time focusing on their work with Dr. Cullen around. -chuckle-
poor nurses, he's taken!
One things for sure, he would make coming to work every day a pleasure!!! :lol:

Carlisle, to me, epitomizes a true gentleman. I am looking forward to the Original Guide:The Twilight Saga to get to know him and his lineage as a vampire.

Book comes out September 1, 2009 - btw.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Excellent!
-rubs hand together greedily-
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Ard Rhys69
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Ard Rhys69 »

navarre wrote:
SenorGimp wrote:I think Charlie actually mentions that^ in Twilight. How all of the nurses have a hard time focusing on their work with Dr. Cullen around. -chuckle-
poor nurses, he's taken!
One things for sure, he would make coming to work every day a pleasure!!! :lol:

Carlisle, to me, epitomizes a true gentleman. I am looking forward to the Original Guide:The Twilight Saga to get to know him and his lineage as a vampire.

Book comes out September 1, 2009 - btw.
Wait, what? That long?!?!?!?!?!?! *Cries*

But to keep this Carlisle related, so the Mods don't delete it.....Stregoni Benefici.
Is officially wearing foolinthemoon's "Hero Button"
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4736612/1/Victorias_Hunt
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

very talented doctor