Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Carlisle Cullen

Post by Amethyst1 »

Jazziscool wrote:Hmmm... I don't know.
In Eclipse, in a scene Bella smacks Jake's arm ands like "Jacob! You know he doesn't have fangs!" (referring as Edward), so when Jake calls Carlisle "Dr.Fang", he is using a (dark) sense of humor. He knows Carlisle doesn't have fangs, and doesn't really have any ill feelings against him.
yeah, i know. But what kind of sense of humour is that? i don't get jake's humour at all. it still annoyed me, regardless. besides, why would he be joking if he asked the question to being with, if i recall correctly, he asked bella "don't you worry about the fangs?"

but whatever though. lets keepp this Carlisle related.
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

Who knows what happened to Carlisle mother?

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

I think she died (woah, i am so Captin Abvious). It was very common at that century for deaths among women and children. i think, she died perhaps while giving or after giving birth to carlisle.
MagnoliasNSunshine
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagnoliasNSunshine »

Carlisle seems to me to be overly careful of how he words his responses to questions. I know there's something to be said for watching what you say, but it felt like he was holding back sometimes... It comes off as respectful and loving, but I think he would be quite an interesting story all on his own. I wonder if SM patterned his character after anyone specific... He's so revered by the rest of the family... more than a father figure, it seems. Nearly God-like.
Jazziscool

Post by Jazziscool »

MagnoliasNSunshine wrote:Carlisle seems to me to be overly careful of how he words his responses to questions. I know there's something to be said for watching what you say, but it felt like he was holding back sometimes... It comes off as respectful and loving, but I think he would be quite an interesting story all on his own. I wonder if SM patterned his character after anyone specific... He's so revered by the rest of the family... more than a father figure, it seems. Nearly God-like.
Holding back what? :?: :|

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
MagnoliasNSunshine
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagnoliasNSunshine »

Just general information... maybe that he would feel it wasn't his place to disclose... or by not wanting to hurt feelings... It just seems to me that he would have FAR more information about things than he tells. He's .... diplomatic. Yeah... I think that's the word I'm looking for.
Jazziscool

Post by Jazziscool »

MagnoliasNSunshine wrote:Just general information... maybe that he would feel it wasn't his place to disclose... or by not wanting to hurt feelings... It just seems to me that he would have FAR more information about things than he tells. He's .... diplomatic. Yeah... I think that's the word I'm looking for.
Hmm... ture. But how about Edward? He wouldn't be able to hide his feelings from him. Also, in DHN, Carlisle is really interested on why Edward won't leave when he wants to drink Bella's blood so badly. It was out of his character and he appeared to be nosy. I think that that may have been a mistake writing that scene.
Last edited by Jazziscool on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Jazziscool

Post by Jazziscool »

MagnoliasNSunshine wrote:Just general information... maybe that he would feel it wasn't his place to disclose... or by not wanting to hurt feelings... It just seems to me that he would have FAR more information about things than he tells. He's .... diplomatic. Yeah... I think that's the word I'm looking for.

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

Was he? I didn't really see him as nosy. Just really worried.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

bite_me wrote:Was he? I didn't really see him as nosy. Just really worried.
Yeah i can't really think of Carlisle as nosy. I have to agree with bite_me i think that he was just really worried.
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.