Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
iloveEdwardCullen'92
Settled in Forks

Re: Carlisle Cullen

Post by iloveEdwardCullen'92 »

although i cannot say that carlisle is my favorite character i have to say i have the most respect for him. I can see him as the wise old grandfather or something but he really isn't! haha he is always the problem solver and he always looks at both sides before making a decision. And i love how he is always feeling compassion for someone. It is amazing that someone can be so tolerant but i guess if you have lived for i don't remember how many years you would be too. I just wish that people like Carlisle were real because then the world would be such a better place!!

And So the Lion Fell in love with the Lamb......
Edward my love <3
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Carlisle is one of my favorite characters in the book. Others have spoken how much he is respected and has compassion for humans and nonhuman alike. He's a peace maker, always trying to find a compromise that benefits everyone involved. Doesn't always work but he sure tries. I know that isn't seen as a gift but it should be. However, what amazes me more, is how much is family loves him especially Edward. I mean that was clear from the first book. Even though they were created to ease his loneIiness, he loves then greatly but respects their right to do there own thing. I think that's why Alice saw Carlisle in her vision after she became a vamp.

Another thing that gets me is how intelligent he is and his thirst (no pun intented) for knowledge. You can almost see the excitement around him at a new discovery (Nessie's growth). I mean after almost 370 year some things must get boring. I like how he uses that knowledge to help those around him. He's also nonjudgmental, the treaty with the werewolves (shapeshifters) and the fact Edward is dating a human. I mean that would be a cause for concern.

One of my favorite moments is in New Moon when he's removing the glass from Bella's forearm. The way he talks to her in a warm and thoughtful way. He takes the complex ideas and makes them simple enough so that anyone can understand well almost anyone. He's the kind of person (is that the right word) I would like in my life.
save-the-wetlands
Learning to Love Green

Post by save-the-wetlands »

THE Real Duckie wrote:I am a history freak and would love to talk to Carlisle about all the history he has seen and lived. plus I named my car carlisle.(No pun intended) :geek: I love how calm he can be even when the event is very bad.
Go Carlisle!!!! :D
I named my two cats Carlisle and Esme.
He's my third fav Cullen to Edward and Bella.
ImageImageImage
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

I love Carlisle for his sincerity and consideration.

When he asked the visiting vampires to witness for Renesmee, even Amun could not doubt Carlisle's sincerity when he promised he would never ask them to endanger themselves for his family. I think Carlisle's shining moment was when he greeted Aro as a friend, even though he was certain Aro was there to destroy him. Carlisle always tries to respond with patience, friendship, and consideration. He truly is a "saint."

I love Bella's description of Carlisle: "He looked like Zeus' younger, better-looking brother." :lol
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

You have to love Chalise...He has been through a lot and has made get efforts to make his family safe and happy. He has done great work in the human world. He is a great doctor (which comes in handy with Bella's chronic clumpiness!!!). He is a great fatherly figure. I mean to say he is a great father.
He and Esme have a great relationship. The whole Cullen group is great!!!!!!!!
ImageImage
ALL4TEAMEDWARD
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ALL4TEAMEDWARD »

Edward-Bella-forever wrote:If it wasn't for him, none of the other Cullens' would be... I dont think... lol Yay! Go Carlisle! Lol
OMG that's like exactly how I feel about Carlisle. If he hadn't been there they would all be just a corpse in a grave.
He saved them all from an untimely death so for that he should be thanked.

Also he created Edward(he should get an award! :lol: )
AliceLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AliceLove »

Carlisle is like the foundation for the entire existence of the Cullen family. He is just so compassionate and warm that it's impossible to not like him. You just have to respect Carlisle... he's amazing. :D

Thanks ilovetwilight!
RakeyCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by RakeyCullen »

I absolutely adore Carlisle. He's my favorite character in the whole series (with Jasper, Alice, Edward and Benjamin behind him).

I adore his history, how he at first led vampire hunts and then became one and exiled himself. How he realized what he had become and attempted suicide (I mean, I don't like that he tried to kill himself, but that he stuck to his beliefs even though it could hurt him. The only story I love more than Carlisle's is Esme's (maybe I like stories involving suicide?)) I love his, well, compassion. It's not something that I come across often and it really shows in his character. Like how he respects others opinions (like *Midnight Sun spoiler thingy ahead* when Edward decided to leave and Carlisle was all like "Here, take my car"). I love how he tries to make good. It's like 'So what if I biologically should be drinking human blood? I'm going to go save human lives!'.

But seriously, I'm obsessed with Carlisle. Like today, during school I was bored, so rather than pay attention to my teachers, I decided to grab some paper and write as much as I could about each Cullen's history as I could. Carlisle got a whole side of paper, in which the back had four people (Edward, Esme, Rosalie and Emmett). Alice and Jazz took up half a page and I never did Bella and Nessie since my friend-ish thing Jinie had just started Breaking Dawn and I was trying to be spoiler free (she already found out Bella became a vampire when she saw me doodling, and kept asking Qs to which I would shrug to each one.

But anyways, CARLISLE FTW!
redlips
Learning to Love Green

Post by redlips »

Carlisle is perfect. And gorgeous, and a great father, and...I'm sure I could go on. It must have been so hard for him to deal with his becoming a vampire all alone, particularly trying to keep quiet and away from people.

And it's amazing that he's a doctor. But I suppose he had years (and years and years) of practise. :)
Major Redlips, Sergeant Major of Jasper's Confederate Army,
I'm suffering from OCD: Obsessive Cullen Disorder
Team Jasper: Because everything is bigger in Texas
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Kachiti wrote:Carlisle is one of my favorite characters in the book. Others have spoken how much he is respected and has compassion for humans and nonhuman alike. He's a peace maker, always trying to find a compromise that benefits everyone involved. Doesn't always work but he sure tries. I know that isn't seen as a gift but it should be. However, what amazes me more, is how much is family loves him especially Edward. I mean that was clear from the first book. Even though they were created to ease his loneIiness, he loves then greatly but respects their right to do there own thing. I think that's why Alice saw Carlisle in her vision after she became a vamp.

Another thing that gets me is how intelligent he is and his thirst (no pun intented) for knowledge. You can almost see the excitement around him at a new discovery (Nessie's growth). I mean after almost 370 year some things must get boring. I like how he uses that knowledge to help those around him. He's also nonjudgmental, the treaty with the werewolves (shapeshifters) and the fact Edward is dating a human. I mean that would be a cause for concern.

One of my favorite moments is in New Moon when he's removing the glass from Bella's forearm. The way he talks to her in a warm and thoughtful way. He takes the complex ideas and makes them simple enough so that anyone can understand well almost anyone. He's the kind of person (is that the right word) I would like in my life.
You nailed that perfectly, Kachiti. He has class & style and sophistication. He has a beautiful heart and a very giving spirit and obviously he has garnered a wide circle of friends who deeply respect him because of how he has conducted himself over the centuries. It is interesting that second only to the Volturi, he has the most incredible power base of 'gifts'' in his own family - and that's another thing - he is all about family, that seems to be the most important thing to him. Pretty neat. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict