Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
THE Real Duckie
Settled in Forks

Re: Stefan and Vladimir

Post by THE Real Duckie »

Alphie wrote:Hug them? Ok....

Was I the only one who thought that maybe this Vlad was Vlad the Impaler whom the Dracula legend was based on? I would love to hear from Stephenie if it is her idea that Vlad the Impaler was a "real" vampire and the fact that his story got out in such detail was what lead the Volturi to go to war with them.

I thought the Romanians were fantastic, though. One of my favorite little moments in the book was when Renesmee asked them why their skin was so different, to which she gets a very interesting and relatively calm reply. Then at the end, they say that they will gouge out the Volturi's eyes. And Bella says "I made sure Renesmee stayed away from them after that." That line made me laugh out loud! OH! And then Jacob calling them Dracula One and Dracula Two was just as priceless.
I like Stefan and Vladimir. So Dark, mysterious and interesting. More to the point. When I think of vampires, I think of Romanian.( not some much any more :roll: ) and just like what Alphie said about Vladimir I was think the same thing when I was reading Breaking Dawn. I hope we hear more about them and some of the other covens.
~Lucia Santoro~ My partner-in-crime is Sha-Nikki and we are wreaking havoc where ever we go on the lexicon.
I go from Forks, Washington to Morganville, texas and I still find some Vampires.
Well, I think there is some vampires in morganville? :roll:
Le-Petit-Mort
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Le-Petit-Mort »

I was kind of sketchy about them at first. Like they would suddenly do something evil out of nowhere. But, they're pretty cool.
iloveEdwardCullen'92
Settled in Forks

Post by iloveEdwardCullen'92 »

THE Real Duckie wrote:
Alphie wrote:Hug them? Ok....

Was I the only one who thought that maybe this Vlad was Vlad the Impaler whom the Dracula legend was based on? I would love to hear from Stephenie if it is her idea that Vlad the Impaler was a "real" vampire and the fact that his story got out in such detail was what lead the Volturi to go to war with them.

I thought the Romanians were fantastic, though. One of my favorite little moments in the book was when Renesmee asked them why their skin was so different, to which she gets a very interesting and relatively calm reply. Then at the end, they say that they will gouge out the Volturi's eyes. And Bella says "I made sure Renesmee stayed away from them after that." That line made me laugh out loud! OH! And then Jacob calling them Dracula One and Dracula Two was just as priceless.
I like Stefan and Vladimir. So Dark, mysterious and interesting. More to the point. When I think of vampires, I think of Romanian.( not some much any more :roll: ) and just like what Alphie said about Vladimir I was think the same thing when I was reading Breaking Dawn. I hope we hear more about them and some of the other covens.

I was waiting for stephenie to do something more with them. They had such a dark air about them and I honestly expected them to start a fight if the Volturi didn't start one first. I was really disappointed that she didn't elaborate on them because they seemed like such awesome characters. They were what I pictured vampires looked like before i started reading Twilight!! :D

And So the Lion Fell in love with the Lamb......
Edward my love <3
crosBy
Settled in Forks

Post by crosBy »

I thought that they were pretty interesting and I would really like to know a bit more about them.

The best part is when Jacob calls them Dracula one and Dracula two. So dead on!
"Go fetch a space heater. I'm not a Saint Bernard." --- Jacob Black
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

crosBy wrote:I thought that they were pretty interesting and I would really like to know a bit more about them.

The best part is when Jacob calls them Dracula one and Dracula two. So dead on!
No pun intended?! I have to at least credit the Romanians for their honesty. It's not like they held anything back, intentions or feelings alike. For being old, they were 'refreshingly' honest about their motives.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

I liked the part when they were explaining about themselves to Renesmee, saying something about pulling out their enemy's sockets,and Bella decided to not stay near them, made me laugh.

Were the Romanians the 1st vampires or what?They have to be 3000 years old at least....
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
I_love_Aro_Volturi
Settled in Forks

Post by I_love_Aro_Volturi »

BreathelessVampire wrote:I liked the part when they were explaining about themselves to Renesmee, saying something about pulling out their enemy's sockets,and Bella decided to not stay near them, made me laugh.

Were the Romanians the 1st vampires or what?They have to be 3000 years old at least....
Well, they can't be 3000 years old, because that's how old Aro is. And they were ruling before the Volturi.
The'd have to be around 4000- 6000 years old now.
But i'm sure they aren't the first vampires...
It annoys me that everyone goes "ooh! Romania, so scary!" My Grandma is from Romania, and there's nothing scary about her...

did anybody here know, that Athenodora is older than all the Volturi ancients?
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tamalyn »

I_love_Aro_Volturi wrote: did anybody here know, that Athenodora is older than all the Volturi ancients?
I don't know who that is. Is it a real person, or a character?
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I_love_Aro_Volturi wrote:did anybody here know, that Athenodora is older than all the Volturi ancients?
I didn't know that. Where did you find that information?
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

HazedInDeadlyPollen wrote:I think they're so cool and evil.I love them.They have such a mysterious and ominous air about them.I want to know more about them.And I need to hug them.
same here. they're just so funny and typical