Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Ruby_Eyes
Settled in Forks

Re: Aro

Post by Ruby_Eyes »

Aro is, in my opinion, Stephanie Meyer's best created character. His character is just so well developed, the perfect politition, ambitious, and able to hurt the ones he loves, but somehow still seem compassionate. Does anyone see what I mean, or am I just reading too much into the story again? :geek: Well, even if I am, he is still an amazing character. Which no one here has denied.

"Interesting company you keep"
~Demetri Breaking Dawn

"You breed mutants here"
~Caius, Breaking Dawn

TEAM VOLTURI!!!!
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

he confuses me...
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Valentina »

I think he confuses all of us!

Something that just occured to me, too. Sulpicia has no special power. So something drew Aro to her and it wasn't her power as a vamp! It tends to make me think he's just really in love with her, which definitely adds a neat twist to his character! He may be a collector of powerful vamps, and very ambitious, but he also has a mate who's well, nothing special. I didn't imagine Aro as the type who would be that attached to his wife, I thought she'd be one of his collection of vampires for some reason or another, but I checked in the index to see, and I was shocked to see that she doesn't have a special talent.

What do you guys think? What does it say about Aro that he fell for Sulpicia?
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Post by Alcyone »

Regarding the kiss, numerous societies greet by kissing on the lips. Even now, it's a common way to greet. Many Eastern European societies greeted by kissing on the lips, men to men and they are heterosexual.

In many cultures, kisses are a normal form of greeting, both on the cheek and the lips. Before, it was a sign of respect. Nobles greeted each other by kissing their lips (no matter what sex they were) while the lower-class had to kiss a nobleman's hand. Even now, many greet each other by kissing one another's cheeks then the mouth, even if they're both male or female.

You have to remember, not only do the Volturi live in a foreign country but they were also raised in different times and cultures. What is morally acceptable to you may not be morally acceptable to another culture and vice versa.
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

You are absolutely right, Alcyone, but it creeps me out, anyway! :)
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
Valentina

Post by Valentina »

That is a good point, Alcyone! I knew that (or I knew that it was a greeting, I didn't know some of the information you gave), but I guess I didn't really think to say it! Even when I read it in the book I saw it as a greeting.

Though I think I was creeped out because it was Jane, more than anything. Greeting or not, I wouldn't want to kiss her! Getting that close is unnerving.
Aro_Volturi_Lover
Settled in Forks

Post by Aro_Volturi_Lover »

I_love_Aro_Volturi wrote:
Alcyone wrote:This is not a chat; this is a forum. You post and the posts remain to allow others to comment, discuss or debate. You do not need another to be on at the same time as you.

Related, the thread is turning more chat-like. You can discuss usernames through PM; let's keep this solely focused on the character himself.
Well, i would if anyone was on!
Otherwise what's the point?!
hey! this person joined on the same day as me! cool! :D
Tegan
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Tegan »

Valentina wrote:That's a possibility. Honestly I don't think that it would make much difference who fathered the wee Vampchens, really. I just thought that since Aro is so powerful he might want to see how much age and powers of the father would affect the power level of the baby vamp. At least its something that I find very interesting.

It is interesting.

In reply to previous comments, I can see Aro as a father, but I really don't think that he would choose to have children. Not now that he's a vampire, at least.

Valentina wrote:What do you guys think? What does it say about Aro that he fell for Sulpicia?

I suppose that it means that he is capible of love. He may have done many terrible things in his 3000 years, however he does still have human emotions, no matter how much blood he sheds.

When Stephenie wrote about Dydime in her F.A.Q., she mentioned that Aro did love his sister, but he simply felt that power was more important.

Hmm, do you think that this means that he would sacrifice Sulpicia if she ever did anything that would potentially threaten the power of the Volturi?
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Aro has to be like the best villian ever created. i swear, he gives me the creeps with his 'sugary voice' - JUST the fact that we know there's a reason to the sweet voice. man, he's AWESOME. i love how he is so calm but then all these evil thoughts are brewing inside. i'd give anything to know what goes on in his head (plus i 'd get to know everything edward thought *wink wink*) haha...i think he has the COOLEST power ever, and it's a little creepy too. i mean EVERY THOUGHT he gets to hear, crazy!! i love it that he wants a 'vampire collection' it's just a cute concept. it's sort of the same as collecting coins but it's hot vampires with deadly gifts. he's great!! :D
Valentina

Post by Valentina »

Tegan - I'm not sure Aro would sacrifice Sulpicia. I guess I'm kind of working under the impression that when a vampire mates, its more intense than other relationships, even the one between Aro and Didyme. Like that when a vampire finds his or her mate that they are now 'complete' and to live without them would be agony.

Edward tried to choose death over living without his mate, and Irina ratted out the Cullens as revenge for Laurent's death. So it seems to me to be a more intense connection and the vampire would do drastic things to protect that mate or to avenge the mate's death.

So I don't think Aro would sacrifice Sulpicia. It seems out of line with the actions of other vampires and their relationships with their mates.