Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Tegan
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Aro

Post by Tegan »

Ever since New Moon, when Marcus was "surprised" by the intensity of the relationship between Edward and Bella, I always suspected that Edward and Bella's relationship was above the norm. He could have been thinking about the fact that Edward is a vampire, and Bella is a human, I suppose.

Aro is very much focused on gaining power. Would he be more willing to exist for eternity without any power or without Sulpicia, is what the idea comes down to...

Stephenie mentioned that vampires are able to feel things more clearly then humans- enjoyment, despair, excitement. This may apply to the mateship between vampires, but then it would also apply to Aro's love for power, right?

I'm confusing myself :/
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Valentina »

I thought that Marcus was confused because Edward felt so strongly for a human.

Marcus must have felt some draw to the power of the Volturi, even though he wanted to leave later. He joined in the first place! But to see how devastating Didyme's death was to him... makes me think that the connection between mates is a powerful one.

Maybe I'm a romantic, but I think Aro would pick Sulpicia. Well, I tend to think he'd try to find some other alternative to picking between power and his wife, but if it came down to it, I like to think he'd pick Sulpicia. He's not that heartless... he could've killed Bella and feasted on her delicious blood, but he gave Edward the chance to turn her later on... it didn't seem to me like the rule about keeping the vampires existence a secret is a very flexible one...
lauralovescullens
Wandering Through Town

Post by lauralovescullens »

i usually like the bad guys in books and films, and i hate to say it but i really think the volturi are really weak characters. i didnt really like the volturi scene at the end of breaking dawn or the one in new moon.
I kept trying to kidnap Jasper but Alice is always at his window waiting for me. How does she kn- OH RIGHT!!!!
Private Laura Nicoll of Jaspers Confederate Army

LeechesRule95

Post by LeechesRule95 »

Ughhhhh....
I am annoyed by Aro He is so calm and on the inside he is devious thats what annoys me......
I mean he seemed so nice when Bella first met Aro. Then when he asked Jane if she would test out her gift on Bella just out of CURIOSITY..... Seriously he didnt even ask Bella or even Edward if he could... And even after Edward nearly springs for Jane to protect Bella he just lets Jane continue but of course because Jane is his DEAR ONE..... Its like what other people say doesnt matter but why would it when youre a power addict who is obssesed with being almost vampire royalty and youre an antagonist!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :evil: :x :x
And whats up with the whole "peace" garbage i mean seriously everyone knows he doesnt care about peace between him and everyone!

TRAINEE OF E.D.C.!!!!!!!!!

I <3 BLUE BLOODS ALMOST AS MUCH AS TWILIGHT! ( i said almost!)
FidoLover
Settled in Forks

Post by FidoLover »

LeechesRule95 I pretty much have to disagree with everything you just said.
Aro being so devious is just what makes him a great character. He's planning out what's best for him. The Volturri is his main focus and he's trying to make it stronger. He's kind of like an overachiever in a twisted way. And I mean of course he's not going to ask Bella and Edward if he can use Jane's power. It was just for educational purposes, not to really torture her. Obviously if Bella was able to block Jane's power then Aro would want to know more about her. I mean if that never happened think how different the books would be. They wouldn't know that Bella had this strong shield, just that she was able to block Edward.

Haha most people seem to hate Aro but I'm not going to lie, he makes me swoon :p
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

This thread is fascinating!

About Aro and half-vampire kids and who would father them . . . for some reason I can so imagine Aro with kids.

Like at first they're a bit scared but then they are charmed by him and crawl closer and closer and soon are sitting on his lap and playing with him and stuff . . . and then he realises none of them have any special powers so

SNAP!

And there's a dead pile of half-vampire kids on the floor. :twisted:

I love evil characters. Aro. Voldemort. Count Olaf. At some point each one of them have been the subject of my MSN display picture.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
mrs.aro
Settled in Forks

Post by mrs.aro »

I have to say, Aro is my all time favorite character.

I ABSOLUTELY love him. call me weird. call me crazy. but you can have team edward and team jacob, but i have Team Aro. :D It's more than liking his personality. it's the way most girls love edward and jacob. okay, i have issues. i realize that now.

after BD, i got bored with edward and his possessiveness and jacob's anger issues. i always liked the end of new moon at volterra, and after starting to write fanfiction about overthrowing the volturi, i realized i couldn't write it because of my dear Aro.

well, when i told one of my friends i liked Aro, she thought i meant arrow so thats my new smily. Team :arrow:

so there you have it. me, Mrs. Aro.

oh, about aro with kids, i DO NOT like the idea of immortal half/vamps. im with Caius about killing renesmee, and would much rather kill them all. they arent supposed to happen.

okay, you can shoot me now. *wince* haha. never mind that.

if aro is evil, i dont care. i like evil ppl.

IF YOU DO NOT BELONG TO TEAM EDWARD OR JACOB, JOIN TEAM :arrow:
mrs.aro
Settled in Forks

Post by mrs.aro »

I_love_Aro_Volturi wrote:
Tegan wrote:
Alcyone wrote:
Tegan wrote:*stands in front of Aro protectivly* Mine.

Honey, I called dibs before I even read New Moon and all I knew about him was the character summary here on the Lex. Ask anyone who's been here since 2007. To get my rank I had to prove my love through fire and brimstone. That man's mine.

I've been through fire and brimstone. Besides, you gave him away to Anna *glares*
And then there's that Sulpicia to get rid of... (how do you pronounce her name anyway???)

I_love_Aro_Volturi says:

It's pronounced: Sul- pit- see-a , i know because my stepfather knows a lot about roman names, and he told me that's how you say it. :D

well too bad hes mine. ALL mine.

you dont KNOW what i had to do to kill Sulpicia. that was NOT COOL, man. then i had to blame it on Santiago, also not cool. you shoulda seen his face...

a bit about the fanfiction me... my friend started to write a story, and she based one of the nomadic vampries,----- [not giving away names], off of me. my one conditon: i get Aro. she didnt care. so yeah. "my" vampire "power" is that abilty to soak up other's powers. the thing is, you can give up a certain power, but you can never have it again. and i was very nice and gave up edward's mind-reading thing to Aro. so he would love me better than any of you. cuz i cant read minds w/o skin contact! *pouts* :cry: ...if i stays close to aro, tho, nothing really changes...

hes mine. face it.

along with mr. darcy
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Post by Alcyone »

Once again, let's keep this thread focused on discussing the character. If you want to argue over who is the biggest Aro fan, you can do so through PM. No one else needs to know about it. Secondly, mrs.aro, double-posting is against the rules. If you want to add something else, just edit your post. And third, chat-like posts are also not allowed. Fanfiction has little relevance to canon discussion of a character.
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
Valentina

Post by Valentina »

Bite_me - I think Aro's kids would probably have special abilities. He's such a powerful telepath and it seems that the parents' abilities have an influence. Also Aro is much older than Edward, whereas Edward is still a baby vamp in comparison... I tend to think that the age of the parent vamp would probably have an influence as well...

In any case, I wonder if mind reading vampchens would be enough to crack that calm exterior of Aro's... in fact if I know anything about children, they'd probably TRY to annoy him. Hehehe.