Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Aro

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

Tegan wrote:Yes, a little intimidating, but isn't that the beauty of it? With Edward or whatever, it's just like "Omgee, he's so hawt! Let's worship him!!" But with my Aro it's more like "Ooo, scary" (Emmett quote XD). The Volturi are meant to be intimidating because that's what makes them so powerful!
Yes, exactly. :D
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Post by Alcyone »

Intimidation is half the fun. Nothing interesting without a little bit of intimidation. Especially coming from someone who doens't act that way yet is probably the most dangerous of the lot.

I love him so much.

I was a giggly mass of fangirl when he threw his arm around Edward like they were old friends. And I adored the hints we saw to a more insidious facet of his personality hidden by the most AWESOME kind grandfather facade. I almost bought his act with "No, of course, I won't hurt your mommy!" (and I figured it was an act before I read of Edward's and Maggie's reactions--I know my man!) and the one at the end where he is so glad that he and Carlisle can remain friends. Until he tries to snatch Alice and Bella again that is.

I just love him to bits.
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
Tegan
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Tegan »

*stands in front of Aro protectivly* Mine.
HAHA! I know! I want to draw that scene. I wish that I had a scanner O.O
It was kind of strange to see Aro with Renesmee, although I was happy with any Aro scenes in the book. (I swooned simply at his handwriting on page 531. And then his name.) XD

*claps hands* He's perfect
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

Ahhh, Aro. Where to begin with him?

:lol:

I have to agree with the masses he is fascinating. He's so....innocent that you know he's not. It's so true that in New Moon he was like a child in a toy store that probably would have grabbed Alice and ran home if he wasn't there already. But he's so "caring" and "loving" that he wanted to "respect her wishes" and it kinda made me go awwwwww, he's the good villian.

Of course I knew he was not all fun and games but what shocked me was he still had that caring personality when he was looking for ways to punish. And he's SO GOOD at it. He hit all the right points and honestly, anyone else but the Cullen's and their group would have been caught off guard and dead by now. He did kinda start to annoy me in Breaking Dawn. I hated that he was searching, it bugs me when people do that. It's very you lost get over it.

But I still like him and I LOVE how good he is at being good and evil at the same time. So unique that Aro is...

I disagree with jovialweaver323, to me Aro is most definitely the opposite of Caius. Caius is equally vengeful and all for himself but he's so out with his and impulsive about it that he fails. Aro has this overwhelming fluffy happy attitude that he puts on. Well, I don't know if he "puts it on". Is he really thinking "I have to appear like this" or is he just naturally that way? Naturally acctually makes him more creepy, and awesome, because he almost BELIEVES he's that good hearted.

If Marcus wasn't in super depressed mode he would probably be somewhere in the middle. The one reigning them both in from their ends and probably the most fair literally. We saw how to the point he was about letting it go but Aro was too set on the prize and Caius was....having that attitude Caius always has. XD

I can totally imagine the look on Aro's face when Alice walked into the "courtroom". I can see his eyes staring at her with a longing twinkle and him thinking "Alice, ahhh Alice my beautiful Alice. A gift so unique, so beautiful and rare and useful. Ahhh, what I would give..."
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
Alcyone

Post by Alcyone »

Tegan wrote:*stands in front of Aro protectivly* Mine.
Honey, I called dibs before I even read New Moon and all I knew about him was the character summary here on the Lex. Ask anyone who's been here since 2007. To get my rank I had to prove my love through fire and brimstone. That man's mine.
YourFavoriteAries wrote:I disagree with jovialweaver323, to me Aro is most definitely the opposite of Caius. Caius is equally vengeful and all for himself but he's so out with his and impulsive about it that he fails. Aro has this overwhelming fluffy happy attitude that he puts on. Well, I don't know if he "puts it on". Is he really thinking "I have to appear like this" or is he just naturally that way? Naturally acctually makes him more creepy, and awesome, because he almost BELIEVES he's that good hearted.
Aro and Caius are foil characters; each represents an opposing facet. However, Aro is even crueler than Caius. To plot the death of a coven and "save" a few choice members, one has to be calculating, conniving and--above all things--coldblooded. To massacre an entire village because they tried to, and succeeded to a degree, at upsetting his plans reveals a furious vengeful streak miles wide.

Part of his act is how he normally is. He is curious; he is enthusiastic. But he's not foolish. He's possessed of a very frigid intelligence. Stephenie posted on the old Lex how Aro was the most dangerous of the Volturi and it's evident. He doesn't believe he's good-hearted; he knows he's not. But he plays that facet further because it's more beneficial for him to be underestimated, to be judged harmless. It's better for him if no one knows just how calculating he can be. And possessed with the knowledge he has every time he touches someone, he is an adversary unlike any other. One that will put you completely at ease and just as easily destroy you.
WishIWasACullen

Post by WishIWasACullen »

I have always been so torn with Aro. When I read his character I sit there in half-reverence and half-terror. And that makes a girl confused! I really want to love him because he is the figure-head of THE VOLTURI for crying out loud, infinitely wise and oddly soothing (to me at least)---yet I want to hate him for the fear that he inspires in my beloved Cullens. I won't lie though, I'm leaning more towards love. I can't even explain why, but his character fascinates me.
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

Tegan
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Tegan »

Alcyone wrote:
Tegan wrote:*stands in front of Aro protectivly* Mine.

Honey, I called dibs before I even read New Moon and all I knew about him was the character summary here on the Lex. Ask anyone who's been here since 2007. To get my rank I had to prove my love through fire and brimstone. That man's mine.

I've been through fire and brimstone. Besides, you gave him away to Anna *glares*
And then there's that Sulpicia to get rid of... (how do you pronounce her name anyway???)

WishIWasACullen wrote:I have always been so torn with Aro. When I read his character I sit there in half-reverence and half-terror. And that makes a girl confused! I really want to love him because he is the figure-head of THE VOLTURI for crying out loud, infinitely wise and oddly soothing (to me at least)---yet I want to hate him for the fear that he inspires in my beloved Cullens. I won't lie though, I'm leaning more towards love. I can't even explain why, but his character fascinates me.

Terror? I was trying not to fall off the chair giggling. Then again, I would have been perfectly fine if the Volturi had destroyed the Cullens. Please don't kill me, or else I shall be forced to release my peacocks on you (provided by our beloved Aro himself, mind you. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they breathed fire).

And I am not at all confused between fiction and reality. Nope, not me...
WishIWasACullen

Post by WishIWasACullen »

Sad but true. Aro terrifies me/makes me bow to him. I put myself in Bella's shoes sooooo Bella terrified of Aro = me terrified of Aro. Nuff said.
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

Alcyone

Post by Alcyone »

Tegan wrote:I've been through fire and brimstone. Besides, you gave him away to Anna *glares*
And then there's that Sulpicia to get rid of... (how do you pronounce her name anyway???)
Technically, one of Anna's roles is as an author avatar so I'm thoroughly enjoying imagining AB Type. ;)

Re: pronunciation. Unsure, but it's most likely something like Sul-pish-ia. Anna is so much better.

WishIWasACullen, a healthy dose of fear is good. You should be terrified. I should be terrified, but I'm more likely to jump him than run screaming. :twisted:
Tegan
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Tegan »

WishIWasACullen wrote:Sad but true. Aro terrifies me/makes me bow to him. I put myself in Bella's shoes sooooo Bella terrified of Aro = me terrified of Aro. Nuff said.

*skips* He's wonderful, terrifying, sadistic, clever and oh so wonderful!

Alcyone wrote:
Tegan wrote:I've been through fire and brimstone. Besides, you gave him away to Anna *glares*

Technically, one of Anna's roles is as an author avatar so I'm thoroughly enjoying imagining AB Type. ;)

Re: pronunciation. Unsure, but it's most likely something like Sul-pish-ia. Anna is so much better.

Still, don't you think that he'd be quite content with a radiant, confident 14 year old girl? Sure there are problems, but I was basically raised under the term "amor vincit omnia" (and the fact that I can remember how to say "Love conquers all" in Latin shows that :D).
An author avatar sounds interesting, though...And I do love your fanfiction XD

Maybe I can ask an Italian person about the pronounciantion. It's a Roman name, after all...
I don't know enough about Sulpicia to judge between her and Anna Oo.oO