Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Marcus

Post by Amethyst1 »

er, there was no emoticon at the end. oh well though

well i was saying before didyme he was aro's partner in crime. hmm...but yeah. I was talking about the voltri as a whole. they are criminals. in..unusual ways, i suppose.
Marcus is proberly an exception. sighhh <3 i love him <33
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Hmmm...

sorry, to break up the discussion flow, but I was thinking about this one night...
I compare Marcus to Snape, in some ways.
Snape- was working for the bad guys, but then his one true love was killed, by the guy he worked for. So he kinda semi stops being evil.
Marcus- works for the, well, not bad guys, but you get the picture. Then his mate was killed (by the guy he works for, even if he didn't know it) He just, is bored, and doesnt care anymore.
But Marcus just lost all will to live, rather than Snape who fought back, though.
Hmm... I'll come back and rethink this. My argument got a little confusded in the translation from brainwaves to binary....
elstardust
Wandering Through Town

Post by elstardust »

It's so sad that Marcus has to stay in the Volturi, because he is bound there. I would be kind of bored too if I was being forced into something that I wanted out of. What happened to his lover is horrible, so it's like he's living in his own personal eternal hell.
"The Forbidden Fruit is always the sweetest."
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:Hmmm...

sorry, to break up the discussion flow, but I was thinking about this one night...
I compare Marcus to Snape, in some ways.
Snape- was working for the bad guys, but then his one true love was killed, by the guy he worked for. So he kinda semi stops being evil.
Marcus- works for the, well, not bad guys, but you get the picture. Then his mate was killed (by the guy he works for, even if he didn't know it) He just, is bored, and doesnt care anymore.
But Marcus just lost all will to live, rather than Snape who fought back, though.
Hmm... I'll come back and rethink this. My argument got a little confusded in the translation from brainwaves to binary....
This is a very good idea. It does make sense. Marcus is as lifeless as Snape. I think the only break in his boring existence is when people are getting killed or judged by the Volturi. Like Snape, when he teases on the students.

I felt so sorry for him when I heard about his story. At first, I didn't even think about him. He was the Volturi one who didn't talk much.

If he knew what Aro did... have you considered this, guys? That could be the end of the Volturi.
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Valentina »

I don't think it could be the end of the Volturi... I think it WOULD be the end of the Volturi. I doubt all of the guard would side with Aro if the truth got out, although Chelsea's power could possibly prevent that. But I tend to think that Marcus would find a loophole if he was determined to get away. Right now it seems less like he MUST be compelled to be there, but he doesn't really have anything better to do. Like he's got no reason to live, so does it matter where he does said living?

I don't remember who mentioned it, but about how his power but add to his depression. To see all of these relationships and especially the relationships between mates... I can imagine he'd feel his loss even more having everyone else's happiness shoved in his face like that.

Interesting the choices of self destruction between Marcus and Edward... while Edward actively tried to get himself killed, Marcus just shut down and withdrew and stopped caring.
Twilightlover101

Post by Twilightlover101 »

I love marcus, i love the way that he is so above everything else that he's so bored by the whole confrontation scene.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Valentina wrote:I don't think it could be the end of the Volturi... I think it WOULD be the end of the Volturi. I doubt all of the guard would side with Aro if the truth got out, although Chelsea's power could possibly prevent that. But I tend to think that Marcus would find a loophole if he was determined to get away. Right now it seems less like he MUST be compelled to be there, but he doesn't really have anything better to do. Like he's got no reason to live, so does it matter where he does said living?
I have a fic stewing in my head about that...
It just might take a while to translate into English...
It'd be cool to get more backstory on that in the Twilight Saga Guide....
Valentina

Post by Valentina »

dandyvampgirl: What language is it being translated from? I speak German so maybe I could help if its German XP I could probably help you after its translated anyway, getting things sounding right, if you'd like. Grammar is one of my passions. XP In any case, I'm very eager to read it.

Another thing that occurred to me about the Marcus thing... if he found out that Aro killed Didyme, and then used Chelsea to compell him to stay, couldn't Marcus just kill Chelsea if she prevented him from leaving? He's much older than she is and he would likely be able to make short work of her.

It may seem cruel and possibly out of character for Marcus as he is now, but I doubt that confronted with the knowledge of Aro's treachery, he could certainly work up enough passion to kill one of Aro's pawns.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

*grins sheepishly*
Uh, Valentina?
Sorry to confuse you..
But I was just meaning it takes me a very long time to make what my brain says into something other peope can make sense of.
Sadly, I don't speak any other languages fluently.
Cept various bits of Elvish...

Acutally, I think if Marcus were to find out, he'd pull an Edward, and want to die. But I can't say more, or it'd spoil my fic if I ever actually write properly...
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

poor Marcus. :(

yeah, he "works" for the villains, but....he's not really a villain himself. he even said they shouldn't kill the Cullens and their friends at the final confrontation.

Marcus is just so...nothing, its like there's nothing left in him, which means he can't be evil. get what i'm saying?
i wonder what he would be like if he still had Didyme.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you