Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Astralflight
Settled in Forks

Re: Marcus

Post by Astralflight »

teamswitzerland wrote:IDK, i kind of think that Marcus would've been a realy nice person if it were not for Aro.
anyone think the same? or am i weird!? :?
I think so too. He doesn't fit the mould of the other two Volturi leaders, and the way the confrontation is written is in a way that Marcus seems pretty much out of it, unenthusiastic.

Remember when Edward first read their minds as they entered? He only read the greed in Caius and Aro, and Bella observes that Marcus didn't appear to be in the mental conversation. Caius is shallow, Aro is...greedy? curious? But for me, Marcus is the most logical and he looks beyond the surface, probably because of his gift.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

i think he needs a hug ^___~
but i am afraid he'll bite my head of instead.

Marcus is such a tortured soul. To have his mate killed. tis too sad <333 tskkk bad Aro.
but he has also been Aro's partner in crime before he met didyme and before he decided to leave aro with didyme. hmm..anywas, i love him <333
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Post by Alcyone »

Partner in crime? I know they're corrupt, but to compare them to mere criminals...

Was anyone surprised when Marcus spoke? What do you think of the Guard's appearing to ignore him, as if he had no real power? Does he have some power in the Volturi or is he but another of Aro's tools?
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

Alcyone wrote:Was anyone surprised when Marcus spoke? What do you think of the Guard's appearing to ignore him, as if he had no real power? Does he have some power in the Volturi or is he but another of Aro's tools?
I think that the only one with real power in the Volturi is Aro. Caius and Marcus are more like figureheads. They give the impression of a well-rounded decision-making group, but Aro always swings the vote. I believe the Guard is aware, to some extent, that Marcus is not there of his own free will since a member of the Guard is being used to tie him to the Volturi. Perhaps, that knowledge is the reason that they ignore him.

If Marcus didn't have a power that Aro wanted, he would have been eliminated a long time ago so I think Aro does look at him as just another tool.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
wishiwasbella247
Settled in Forks

Post by wishiwasbella247 »

In Breaking Dawn, I could of sworn that SM said that the reason Marcus was so expressionless was because his mate had been killed in a battle several years (or hundred of years) ago.
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Genesis 2:17
Alcyone

Post by Alcyone »

wishiwasbella247 wrote:In Breaking Dawn, I could of sworn that SM said that the reason Marcus was so expressionless was because his mate had been killed in a battle several years (or hundred of years) ago.
She said that in a Personal Correspondence (#10 to be exact), not in one of her novels. Didyme was actually killed by Aro, her brother.
wishiwasbella247
Settled in Forks

Post by wishiwasbella247 »

Yup, your right, I just found the correspondence! How did you find out that she was killed by Aro? Fascinating stuff!
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Genesis 2:17
Alcyone

Post by Alcyone »

wishiwasbella247 wrote:Yup, your right, I just found the correspondence! How did you find out that she was killed by Aro? Fascinating stuff!
Breaking Dawn FAQ on Stephenie's site.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Alcyone wrote:Partner in crime? I know they're corrupt, but to compare them to mere criminals...
er....that is just a random idiom sort of thing.
and to let you know the voltri ARE criminals.
Alcyone

Post by Alcyone »

Honey, that is sarcasm. Forgive my oblivescence regarding a wink emoticon at the end.

Besides, I think the title of "criminal" for Marcus may be debatable.