Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Renee Dwyer

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss all the things you've wondered about Renee, Bella's mom.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
leahlovetwilight
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Renee Dwyer

Post by leahlovetwilight »

i always wonder how bella's gonna deal with renee...
i keep hoping phil will end up becoming a werewolf so he can tell her...hahaha
ooops, i mean, shape shifter.
"when i got home,all my things were in the garage."-edward cullen
he's probably thinking,love sick morons
Jules
Settled in Forks

Post by Jules »

I kina like Renee. You don't see poeple like her in other books. Usually you get the sterotypical mom who makes cookies and wears aprons (alwsys welcome!) or the momos who are like ternagers themesleves. And while Renee is very young, and though she worries about Bella, I don't think she fits either category.
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by pixiealice »

Flighty at best. Sure, she has a motherly love for Bella, but has no clue that she is the reason Bella is the way she is. A middle aged teenager? Mothering at her best, I can't fault Renee, I am really glad SM didn't dwell on her character through the book. Who can't make it to their childs wedding? When they are on their death bed? Not a huge fan of Renee, but she is not a major character so I didn't get too worked up over her.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

renee was at the wedding....

what do you mean by bella being on her deathbed? because if you mean in NM, it wouldn't have done any good. and if you mean in BD, it was impossible.

renee, though, definitely has her faults. i mean, a lot - or most - of the negative attributes bella has i give credit to renee for. a parent's job is to set an example for their child, and above all, to set limits. limits and boundaries are what children thrive on. it allows them to explore themselves and the world around them without feeling totally overwhelmed, and allows them to develop a strong sense of who they are, and allows them to learn to set limits of their own.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

where does renee think bella is? how will bella deal with renee?
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I like Renee. She reminds me of my own mom. She's child-like at times and that causes Bella to be protective over her (thus the middle-age teenager) but they are also good friends. Renee sees things about Bella and Edward's relationship that other people miss because she has such a connection with her daughter.

She was at the wedding and so excited for Bella, which was a nice surprise since Bella led us to believe that Renee would be totally against it. She wasn't there in BD when Bella was pregnant and dying but no human was going to be allowed to see her in that state. If I remember correctly, there's never any mention of whether Charlie even told Renee that Bella was sick. I can see Bella asking him not to tell Renee out of that desire to protect her and Charlie would probably go along with that.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by pixiealice »

my bad, I meant graduation, not the wedding. I am sorry, but if my child was on her deathbed, there is NO way someone-mortal or not-was going to keep me from being there-and if she really was at the CDC...I would have camped outside just to be near. But, then, this is Renee, and she is not your totally devoted mother.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

pixiealice wrote:my bad, I meant graduation, not the wedding. I am sorry, but if my child was on her deathbed, there is NO way someone-mortal or not-was going to keep me from being there-and if she really was at the CDC...I would have camped outside just to be near. But, then, this is Renee, and she is not your totally devoted mother.
whoa whoa whoa, renee is totally devoted to bella. but what good would it have done to camp out outside the cdc? i'm sure bella still called her.

renee is not the world's best mother. but not the worst either, and she definitely is totally devoted to her kid. she's just quite self-centered. NOT selfish mind you.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

what does renee think has happened to bella?
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis