Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
NaHueLs_GirL
Settled in Forks

Re: Alec

Post by NaHueLs_GirL »

What si with the casanova part? I never heard anything like that.... :?
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

I have a question.
Ok, so Alec and Jane were burned at the stake. Jane's gift was affected by the event, the reason her power is to inflinct pain. So my question is, was Alec's gift affected as well and if so how? I haven't really been able to get a connection from burning at a stake to taking away all senses.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
italiangirl1577
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by italiangirl1577 »

waiting tobe dazzled wrote:I have a question.
Ok, so Alec and Jane were burned at the stake. Jane's gift was affected by the event, the reason her power is to inflinct pain. So my question is, was Alec's gift affected as well and if so how? I haven't really been able to get a connection from burning at a stake to taking away all senses.
Maybe as he burned, he was wishing that someone would take away his senses, so that he wouldn't have to feel the flames or see it singe his skin or smell his buring flesh or hear himself and his sister screaming? I honestly don't know, that's just a guess. But that is a very good question.
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

italiangirl1577 wrote:
waiting tobe dazzled wrote:I have a question.
Maybe as he burned, he was wishing that someone would take away his senses, so that he wouldn't have to feel the flames or see it singe his skin or smell his buring flesh or hear himself and his sister screaming? I honestly don't know, that's just a guess. But that is a very good question.
hmm, i think you're partly right, italiangirl. i think after that ordeal, he was all about no pain, he didn't want anymore pain; and that's how his power formed. whereas, Jane wanted to inflict the pain on others.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
DumBumm

Post by DumBumm »

I have a question for everyone... out of Alec's and Jane's power which would you prefer?
Jane V

Post by Jane V »

DumBumm wrote:I have a question for everyone... out of Alec's and Jane's power which would you prefer?
hmmm, i don't wanna sound sadistic here, but i think i'd prefer Jane's. :twisted:

the reason is that she has so much power because basically she can make anyone [except Bella, of course], bend to her will because of it. that's a pretty powerful thing. think about it, the rest of the guard does everything she wants!

plus Alec's power takes too long to get to the victim :lol:

Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
DumBumm

Post by DumBumm »

Same, I'd prefer Jane's too... Agreeing with what you said...

With Alec's power he can attack a group of people, but as were Jane can only use it on one person each time. Can Alec do that to... just attack one person?
like if there was a group of Vampires and he only wanted to blind one, can he do that, or does he have to blind the rest???
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I'd like Alec's power . . . for trivial, random, human reasons.

Assuming you were a non-vampire with that power and you wanted to rob a place or something, assuming you didn't leave evidence behind or anything you could cut off everyone's senses while you did whatever you needed to, then wake them up when you are pretty far away. I like the subtleness of Alec's power.

Does anyone know why exactly Alec and Jane were burned at the stake? Were they accused of being witches or something?
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Zephyrus
Settled in Forks

Post by Zephyrus »

bite_me wrote:Does anyone know why exactly Alec and Jane were burned at the stake? Were they accused of being witches or something?
Yeah, they were accused of being witches. I also really doubt Aro had a hand in their burning, as he wanted them to be older when he turned them. Maybe when they were older he would've tried something like that. ^_^;; I think he was frustrated that the village forced him to act early... If Alec and Jane had achieved greater maturity levels, it probably would have helped their judgment in battle (even if they do mostly just follow orders). It'd be annoying to be stuck at the mindset of a twelve (or whatever their ages may be) year old, no matter how many years passed... :/

Anyway, I think it's interesting how Alec's personality caused his power to manifest itself so differently from Jane's. It'd be fascinating to see how their personalities differed pre-burning...

I do think Alec is also quite ruthless though. Maybe not quite to Jane's level, but I think he's just more reserved and quiet about it.
Jane V

Post by Jane V »

DumBumm wrote:Same, I'd prefer Jane's too... Agreeing with what you said...

With Alec's power he can attack a group of people, but as were Jane can only use it on one person each time. Can Alec do that to... just attack one person?
like if there was a group of Vampires and he only wanted to blind one, can he do that, or does he have to blind the rest???
that's a very good question. maybe if he concentrated hard enough he could just get one. since Edward said their powers were simliar in that they could affect everyone in the vicinity at once....but if Edward concentrates he can tune into a single mind. does that make sense?

but i'm not Steph [obviously]; i didn't create these characters, so this is just a guess.