Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Alec

Post by Jane V »

Jack wrote:
Jane V wrote:
Jack wrote:I don't think I'd want Alec's power. I'd personally prefer Jane's. I mean, ok. Hers is a little sadistic, and Alec's power can be used mercifully, but we all know why Aro sends Jane to go pick up Edward, Bella and Alice instead of Alec. Jane is just more effective in getting people to behave her way. I mean Alec can use his talent but when he puts it away, they'll start fighting again. No one wants to fight Jane after she's given them a taste of her powers.
exactly. though i do think Alec could be VERY manipulative, especially since he acts all nicey-nicey.
Hmmm. I'm not entirely sure about the acting nice. I mean, I think in a way he is the "nicer" of the twins. It's shown throughout the book that he has a much calmer temperament than Jane and I think that it allows him to be.... more manipulative, but also a little bit less petty and revengeful. She's always trying to hurt Bella over and over as soon as she finds out her powers don't work on her. Alec however, I can see him rolling his eyes behind her back while she's trying to hurt Bella.
well, he ACTS nice, it seems to me at least. in New Moon he greeted Edward in a seemingly friendly way, and when he told Alice, Bella, and Edward they could go, it said that "his tone was as warm as if they were all lifelong friends". though it is an act, he keeps up the "nice" charade to manipulate people [or attempt to]

but i agree that he is wayyyy better at controlling himself than Jane :lol:
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Jane's_reflection
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jane's_reflection »

I love both of the Volturi Twins! Jane is my favorite but Alec is really close!
I think that he has the capability to be deadlier than Aro if he wanted to. I think that because he is so calculating that he would be able to, not to mention cut off all of the gaurd as he carried out the task. (That would be so cool!) In truth, i think that the only reason he doesn't do so is because he loves his sister so much. If she weren't happy, i could see him taking out everything that bothered her.
I think that neither one of the twins is more powerful than the other, it is just that Alec's is subtle where as Jane's... not so much. :D If i could have either, I would take a combination of both!
I think that he is more reserved because Jane isn't, if that makes sense. I think that he is like an overprotective older brother type. The way he is alays caring for Jane, comforting her, and holding her hand. Actually that is where his is from i think. I think that he can cut off senses because while they were burning at stake and hearing Jane's screams that he wished he could end her pain.
In truth, i think Alec is the maturer of the two, but that doesn't make him less sinister. It makes him worse because he can decide the worst possible thing where as Jane wouls just get it over with.

Alec patted his sister's shoulder soothingly, then tucked her under his arm - Breaking Dawn

Alec and Jane 4ever!
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

GUYS WATCH THIS!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYeYWYPUpto ABOUT THE VOLTURI!!!
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata
Celestial_Topaz
Wandering Through Town

Post by Celestial_Topaz »

I think Alec has a very unique gift compared to the rest of the Volturi and is so much more reserved and less out-spoken than Jane when being confronted with the Cullens.
Jane's_reflection
Wandering Through Town

I think Alec and Jane are fraternal twins. I am sure of this because they are total opposites! Jane- hot-headed, out-spoken, all out, forward. Alec- level-headed, reserved, thoughtful, sly. Mesh these two together and you have nothing because they cancel each other out. This, in my opinion, makes them perfect because who would want identical vampire twins with the same power? Interesting but not nearly as awesome as the Withch Twins!
As for Alec having a "very unique gift compared to the rest of the Volturi" is because he can affect the masses. Very useful, but i for one would never want to be on either of the twins bad side. :mrgreen:

Alec patted his sister's shoulder soothingly, then tucked her under his arm - Breaking Dawn

Alec and Jane 4ever!
Jack
Learning to Love Green
Location: 3-1-14-1-4-1.... That's right... tis' Shneaky indeed...

Post by Jack »

Jane's_reflection wrote:I think Alec and Jane are fraternal twins. I am sure of this because they are total opposites! Jane- hot-headed, out-spoken, all out, forward. Alec- level-headed, reserved, thoughtful, sly. Mesh these two together and you have nothing because they cancel each other out. This, in my opinion, makes them perfect because who would want identical vampire twins with the same power? Interesting but not nearly as awesome as the Witch Twins!
They are definitely fraternal twins because identical twins have to be the same gender as well as look alike since they come from the same egg. Fraternal twins can be different genders and look nothing alike. However Identical twins can have pretty opposite personalities, so I don't know if identical twins would have the same power at all.. Maybe similar but not the same.
Jane's_reflection wrote:... he loves his sister so much. If she weren't happy, i could see him taking out everything that bothered her.
I think that he is more reserved because Jane isn't, if that makes sense. I think that he is like an overprotective older brother type. The way he is alays caring for Jane, comforting her, and holding her hand. Actually that is where his is from i think. I think that he can cut off senses because while they were burning at stake and hearing Jane's screams that he wished he could end her pain.
I agree with this though. He is always comforting her and caring for her. But I believe that he doesn't destroy the Volturi out of respect for Aro as well as his sister. Aro created him and his sister, saved them from the stake, and his sister obviously idolizes Aro, so I don't think Alec wants to hurt his sister that way.
*Jack*
"Hear The Sound, The Angels Come Screaming Down..." - MCR
Bulldozer Trainee in EDC Inc.- Emmett's Demolition Company
Jane's_reflection
Wandering Through Town

I totally agree. Respect is a very strong quality for it instills loyalty. Although, I am certain (more so than ever) that if came to a fight (with Jane's blessing) Alec could destroy all of the Volturi.

When i was going through the previous posts, i came across something saying that Alec has an aversion to confrontation. I have to say i full-heartedly disagree. I don't think he has an aversion to it, on the contrary. It is in my opinion that he relishes in it to nearly the same degree as his slightly more sadistic sister. It is all in the execution of said confrontation. As noted before (i can't remember if it was on Alec's or Jane's) the twins have a relationship of personality similar to Aro and Cauis. Jane's forward personality would be Cauis because neither of them shield the fact of their belligerence (Def: a warlike or aggressively hostile nature, condition, or attitude) Where as Alec and Aro both keep their expressions calm and demeaners pleasant. And we are all aware that Aro is not as pleasant as he appears, so why should Alec be? (Sorry, i have a need to defend the evils of twilight! :P )

As for the twin thing, you make a very good point. And to your good point, i say "Touche!"

Alec and Jane 4ever!
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

I really can't think of Alec destroying everyone... I can see Aro distroying everyone.
maybe Jane, but not Alec.
Jane's_reflection
Wandering Through Town

WhenTheSunGoesDown wrote:I really can't think of Alec destroying everyone... I can see Aro distroying everyone. maybe Jane, but not Alec.
Why not? Is it because of Alec's pleasant disposition, his loving nature, or even his possibly merciful gift? Does the ability to destroy, to be lethal, branch from one with villainous tendencies? Even so, are the qualities of being quiet, collected, introverted excluded from the trait of villainy? Does Aro seem capable of such acts based upon his thoughts or his appearance?
In Aro's case we know that he is capable due to the interpretation of his thoughts via Edward. And Jane through her forward attacks on Bella. But in Alec's case the ablility to be villainous can not be asumed through appearances. For example: a ladybug is seen as a pleasant sweet innocent creature to be friendly as a butterfly, but a ladybug is the ferocious killer of the bug world sparing none that is the weaker. :mrgreen: Can this not be said for Alec? Just because he doesn't openly submit to being dangerous and/or cinical doesn't mean he isn't. And, it isn't like he is unable. He could (in the absence of Bella) disable any opposing masses and proceed to killing them without need to be cautious, wary, or even rushed.

Out of those three (Aro, Alec, and Jane) i would be most fearful of Alec. Especially if i gave him a motive...

Alec and Jane 4ever!
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Jane's_reflection wrote:
WhenTheSunGoesDown wrote:I really can't think of Alec destroying everyone... I can see Aro distroying everyone. maybe Jane, but not Alec.
Why not? Is it because of Alec's pleasant disposition, his loving nature, or even his possibly merciful gift? Does the ability to destroy, to be lethal, branch from one with villainous tendencies? Even so, are the qualities of being quiet, collected, introverted excluded from the trait of villainy? Does Aro seem capable of such acts based upon his thoughts or his appearance?
In Aro's case we know that he is capable due to the interpretation of his thoughts via Edward. And Jane through her forward attacks on Bella. But in Alec's case the ablility to be villainous can not be asumed through appearances. For example: a ladybug is seen as a pleasant sweet innocent creature to be friendly as a butterfly, but a ladybug is the ferocious killer of the bug world sparing none that is the weaker. :mrgreen: Can this not be said for Alec? Just because he doesn't openly submit to being dangerous and/or cinical doesn't mean he isn't. And, it isn't like he is unable. He could (in the absence of Bella) disable any opposing masses and proceed to killing them without need to be cautious, wary, or even rushed.

Out of those three (Aro, Alec, and Jane) i would be most fearful of Alec. Especially if i gave him a motive...
yes, i think aro will do anything to get what he wants... He killed marcus's wife his own sister to keep masrcus from leaving.

I do believe that alec could do it but I think he is less likely. but i do say he is the most dangerous,