Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
durrcakes
Settled in Forks

Re: Jane

Post by durrcakes »

Jane V wrote:wait, who is Princess Azula? :? sorry if that's dumb question :P
I'm pretty sure that they were talking about Princess Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I could be wrong and I'm really not sure if there's another one out there that I'm missing, but. That's the one I'm thinking of. ;)
DumBumm wrote:So put your self in Jane's shoes... what would you do?
I think that's a pretty hard question to answer. It's the same kind of question as people ask about say, having an abortion. A lot of people say, "Oh, I would NEVER do that. Even if I were in so-and-so's shoes, I would never have an abortion!" But really... you can't know unless you're put into that kind of a situation.

So I don't know about me. I can see why Jane might turn out the way she did. I don't agree with it, but I can see how she turned out that way. If it's the only thing she's known, and if any love she may have felt for anyone or anything has been driven completely away, then there's not much left. So. She's angry and full of hate and just wants to lash out. :)

^^^ my take on it, anyway.

I also have a strange fondness for the more sadistic characters when I'm reading. ;) So she was one of my favourites.
Cookies
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Cookies »

Just wondering, does Jane constitute as an "immortal child"? I mean, SM said that she was in her "early teens"? :twisted:
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb ..."

Hug me :)
midnightsun0819
Settled in Forks

Post by midnightsun0819 »

what do i think about jane.... well jane is a very interesting.. although she seems innocent and nice she is truly evil and likes to kill.. but what would the twilight world be without her..
buffygrl3
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by buffygrl3 »

Jane really scares me... she's just wicked. I love her though... besides the fact that she wanted to hurt Bella and Edward. That was so uncool. But just the fact that she's little and kind of young is awesome. Plus I'm kind of a fan of the whole sadist thing, and she creates the ILLUSION of pain! Its all in the mind, which is fantastic cause anyone can cause physical pain, and the way its described is amazing, its so hard to like her but at the same time it so hard to hate her. She's just an awesome little chick.

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
Jane's_reflection
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jane's_reflection »

Jane is my absolute FAVORITE character with no competion (except Alec, he's my #2)!
-Yes she is very sadistic :D
-Yes she has a tendancy to go over board in attempts to hurt others
-Sure she intimidates all around her (except her wonderful brother)
But you got to love her!
So... on the debate of Jane's love (a very father-like, hero-admiration kind of love) for Aro i think it is because she was saved. Not just from burning at the stake but I think that she and Alec might have been orphanes(that is why their parents are never mentioned) and then she was abused by her foster family. (I got the idea from a fanfic: http://www.ramblingsandthoughts.com/twi ... &chapter=1. When i read it, their story and personalities really made sence to me [although i loved them before hand])
I also believe that even if she hadn't burned at stake that her power would have been the same. Just that the burning made it more potent. It also might have been a factor in the way she uses it. Just a thought. Personally i think that she just wouldn't be Jane if she wasn't sadistic, i just wouldn't be right.
Another much debated topic is Jane and Alec's age. I was under the impression that they were 12 year olds. I don't think this constitutes as IC because they are able to control themselves. As of there aging since change i don't think that they are only 300. I think that they are around 1500-2000 years old. I say this because of the Romanians refer to them in BD when talking about their fall from power at the hands of the Volturi. And that was 1500 years ago!

I do have 3 questions though, 1. Why are Alec and Jane always portrayed holding hands? 2. Is either twin more protective of the other (i think Alec sounds like the protective older brother even if they are the same age) ? and 3. If LF is Jane then who would protray her brother?

These are my questions. Does anybody have answers?

Alec patted his sister's shoulder soothingly, then tucked her under his arm - Breaking Dawn

Alec and Jane 4ever!
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

Jane's_reflection wrote:Jane is my absolute FAVORITE character with no competion (except Alec, he's my #2)!
-Yes she is very sadistic :D
-Yes she has a tendancy to go over board in attempts to hurt others
-Sure she intimidates all around her (except her wonderful brother)
But you got to love her!
So... on the debate of Jane's love (a very father-like, hero-admiration kind of love) for Aro i think it is because she was saved. Not just from burning at the stake but I think that she and Alec might have been orphanes(that is why their parents are never mentioned) and then she was abused by her foster family. (I got the idea from a fanfic: http://www.ramblingsandthoughts.com/twi ... &chapter=1. When i read it, their story and personalities really made sence to me [although i loved them before hand])
I also believe that even if she hadn't burned at stake that her power would have been the same. Just that the burning made it more potent. It also might have been a factor in the way she uses it. Just a thought. Personally i think that she just wouldn't be Jane if she wasn't sadistic, i just wouldn't be right.
Another much debated topic is Jane and Alec's age. I was under the impression that they were 12 year olds. I don't think this constitutes as IC because they are able to control themselves. As of there aging since change i don't think that they are only 300. I think that they are around 1500-2000 years old. I say this because of the Romanians refer to them in BD when talking about their fall from power at the hands of the Volturi. And that was 1500 years ago!

I do have 3 questions though, 1. Why are Alec and Jane always portrayed holding hands? 2. Is either twin more protective of the other (i think Alec sounds like the protective older brother even if they are the same age) ? and 3. If LF is Jane then who would protray her brother?

These are my questions. Does anybody have answers?

Im not sure exactly why they hold hands, i think it cause they are from a different time, and back in those days they hold hands and kiss on both sides of the cheek. People still do it from this day. and there brother and sister.
I think that Alec is more protective of Jane, you could see it in BD, how Jane was trying to get bella with her power, then Jane got to pissed and screamed, right away her brother was there, pating her on the back then trying to use his power on the Cullen's.
Jane's_reflection
Wandering Through Town

DumBumm wrote: Im not sure exactly why they hold hands, i think it cause they are from a different time, and back in those days they hold hands and kiss on both sides of the cheek. People still do it from this day. and there brother and sister.
I think that Alec is more protective of Jane, you could see it in BD, how Jane was trying to get bella with her power, then Jane got to pissed and screamed, right away her brother was there, pating her on the back then trying to use his power on the Cullen's.
I thought about the time angle but it seems more like a comforting method to me. A connection to each other, if that makes sense. I always believed that as part of the Jane/Aro's relationship, but Jane/Alec seemed closer than that. You have a good point though.
I loved that part of the book! It is in my sig! :D

Alec patted his sister's shoulder soothingly, then tucked her under his arm - Breaking Dawn

Alec and Jane 4ever!
DumBumm

Post by DumBumm »

Jane's_reflection wrote:
DumBumm wrote: Im not sure exactly why they hold hands, i think it cause they are from a different time, and back in those days they hold hands and kiss on both sides of the cheek. People still do it from this day. and there brother and sister.
I thought about the time angle but it seems more like a comforting method to me. A connection to each other, if that makes sense. I always believed that as part of the Jane/Aro's relationship, but Jane/Alec seemed closer than that. You have a good point though.
I loved that part of the book! It is in my sig! :D

Aro and Jane's relationship is based on pleasing Aro, because of Chelsea using her power on the guards to make them Please Him.
I do agree with you that Alec and Jane have a closer relationship, it's based on love not pleasing.

I saw that in your signature, i like that part too. :)
At first i thought that Bella's shield was like a mirror, you know how Jane was trying to use her power on bella, i thought that Jane's power jumped off Bella's shield and hit Jane, but then my friend told me that Jane was pissed that her power wouldn't work on anyone so she squealed.
But i think a mirror shield would be a cool power.
Jane's_reflection
Wandering Through Town

I don't think that Jane would need Chelsea to be dedicated to Aro just by the genuine jealously she shows whenever Aro compliments Bella. Ex: When Bella had the necklace on during the 'fight' scene in BD. Being that Jane is so attached makes Alec attached by association. Inconclusion, Aro is safe from the twins as long as Jane still admires him. It would be fun to see what would happen if the Volturi upset them or better yet, try to hurt Jane in Alec's presences. 8-)

Mirror sheild would be awesome but i don't think Jane or Alec would like it very much! :D

Alec and Jane 4ever!
DumBumm

Post by DumBumm »

Jane's_reflection wrote:I don't think that Jane would need Chelsea to be dedicated to Aro just by the genuine jealously she shows whenever Aro compliments Bella. Ex: When Bella had the necklace on during the 'fight' scene in BD. Being that Jane is so attached makes Alec attached by association. Inconclusion, Aro is safe from the twins as long as Jane still admires him. It would be fun to see what would happen if the Volturi upset them or better yet, try to hurt Jane in Alec's presences. 8-)

Mirror shield would be awesome but i don't think Jane or Alec would like it very much! :D

I don't think That Aro, or anyone in The Volturi would want to hurt Jane or Alec... but i do agree with you there, if anyone would want to hurt Jane, out side of The Volturi, i'd like to see what Alec would do, they do have alot of enemys.