Jane

Character Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules

Re: Jane

Postby Jane V » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:18 pm

slayerchick303 wrote:
Jane V wrote:Actually, Jane is only about 12-13 years old. i think SM said so herself. and Bella describes her as a "little girl", so that probably means physically younger than Bella.

and Aro was interested in Jane and Alec while they were still human; he thought they would be very valuable to the Volturi guard even then!


I guess that sounds about right. I have to admit that I imagined Jane as being in her twenties, but it makes more sense for her to be in her teens. If Stephenie Meyer said she's in her teens, then I think there is probably a good reason for it. I should have recognized her actions with Aro as teen-like behaviour. She really worships Aro. I was positive that Aro had surveyed Jane and Alec before they were changed. He attempts to recruit Bella when she's human because he recognizes her potential. I think he saw the talent Jane could possess as a vampire and decided that she was worth changing to retain her services.


yeah, i think that is what happened. when the twins were almost burned at the stake for witch craft, Aro kind of um....slaughteredtheentirevillage....so i can see why Jane has such an affection for him.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: my world

Re: Jane

Postby slayerchick303 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:13 pm

Jane V wrote:
slayerchick303 wrote:
I guess that sounds about right. I have to admit that I imagined Jane as being in her twenties, but it makes more sense for her to be in her teens. If Stephenie Meyer said she's in her teens, then I think there is probably a good reason for it. I should have recognized her actions with Aro as teen-like behaviour. She really worships Aro. I was positive that Aro had surveyed Jane and Alec before they were changed. He attempts to recruit Bella when she's human because he recognizes her potential. I think he saw the talent Jane could possess as a vampire and decided that she was worth changing to retain her services.


yeah, i think that is what happened. when the twins were almost burned at the stake for witch craft, Aro kind of um....slaughteredtheentirevillage....so i can see why Jane has such an affection for him.


Very true. I know if a whole village tried to kill me, I would be extremely upset... not to the point where I'd want someone to massacre my whole village, but needless-to-say, I would be tremendously pissed-off! I definitely understand how Jane could become so enamoured with Aro. Him doing something extreme like that for her would seem like the ultimate show of love and devotion to a teenager.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
User avatar
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:45 am
Location: Kissing Edward in a meadow

Re: Jane

Postby DumBumm » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:38 am

I wonder what Jane's and Alec's power would have been if they didn't get burned at the stake. I don't think it would be more powerful, as it is now... but still... interesting.

Does anyone think that Aro had some help slaughtering the entire village?
Image
User avatar
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:19 am
Location: Over The Rainbow

Re: Jane

Postby Lunna-san » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:47 pm

DumBumm wrote:I wonder what Jane's and Alec's power would have been if they didn't get burned at the stake. I don't think it would be more powerful, as it is now... but still... interesting.

Does anyone think that Aro had some help slaughtering the entire village?


I don't think he had. He didn't need it. With super strenght, speed.... humans didn't stand a chance. It was a emergency and, with no cellphones... Yeah, I think Aro worked alone on that. Aro just keep his guard because of his status. But he's strong as any other vampire.

I think a single vampire can probably destroy a small village in 10 minutes. Edward himself could have murdered the whole Biology class in the first day. He even planned that.
User avatar
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:19 pm

Re: Jane

Postby slayerchick303 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:05 pm

Lunna-san wrote:
DumBumm wrote:I wonder what Jane's and Alec's power would have been if they didn't get burned at the stake. I don't think it would be more powerful, as it is now... but still... interesting.

Does anyone think that Aro had some help slaughtering the entire village?


I think that Jane may have still had a special gift when she became a vampire, but it wouldn't be as powerful as her current gift.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
User avatar
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:45 am
Location: Kissing Edward in a meadow

Re: Jane

Postby Jane V » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:28 pm

slayerchick303 wrote:
Lunna-san wrote:
DumBumm wrote:I wonder what Jane's and Alec's power would have been if they didn't get burned at the stake. I don't think it would be more powerful, as it is now... but still... interesting.

Does anyone think that Aro had some help slaughtering the entire village?


I think that Jane may have still had a special gift when she became a vampire, but it wouldn't be as powerful as her current gift.


very true. the reason her power is so potent is because of the pain she endured before being changed, according to Stephenie.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: my world

Re: Jane

Postby moon.cherry.twilite » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:08 am

^I think that maybe her power would have been closer to Kate's, than her current one if she had been changed just like that.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

Image
User avatar
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:15 pm
Location: Where they don't have release parties.

Re: Jane

Postby Jane V » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:06 pm

^ yes maybe it would have been. i think Jane already had an uncomfortable aura about her as a human, so that's why she was accused of witchcraft. i wonder if her power would've been something like Renata's if she wasn't almost burned at the stake? :?: she already made people feel uncomfortable, so...hmm. idk.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: my world

Re: Jane

Postby NaHueLs_GirL » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:38 pm

So Alec and Jane became that powerful because they almost got burned at the stake right?
I wonder if Aro was somehow behind it then. KNow what I mean?
That he somehow encouraged the village people to try to burn the twins...(u know whisper some tips into the judges ear),
so they'd be more powerful as vampires... because if you think:
I am positive that Aro knew the village planned to burn the twins.. I mean the two surely had some kind of mock trial before the adjudication to burn them.
Why did Aro wait?
I know he wanted to wait to transform them until they were a little older.
And because the whole burn at the stake thing he had to transform them-
But if he knew they were in such trouble, he could have just pick them up and hide them u know grasp both kids and run vampire speed. Like that he could have waited for them to grow up. In volterra. have them live there like gianna. until they reached the right age.
But he let them burn instead.

Also I wonder why Jane or Alec never questioned that. Is it because of chelsea?

And you say Jane still admires him like a teenager. But she isn't a teenager anymore remember?
She's not more teenager than edward. I wonder how old she is. Maybe 300-400 years old?
And if she'd still be an immature teenager, so would edward... but we all know he isn't.
I think altough Jane looks like 13 she's got the mind of a very old, somehow wise woman. An intelligent, malicious person is inside her perfectly innocent body.
If I was her, I don't know if I'd be cheerful to look so young or not. On one side it's very convenient, because no one expects any harm if they saw you, you got enough time to make up a murderous plan. But on the other side, looking so immature means the other vampires / people don't take her seriously. That would annoy me to death.
Maybe that's also a reason she always acts so malicious and serious. She doesn't want to be treated like the little girl she looks like...
Image
NaHueLs_GirL
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:17 am

Re: Jane

Postby NaHueLs_GirL » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:45 pm

+
Steph said that Jane got so mad at the people who wanted to burn them, she wanted them to burn too.
She wanted to hurt them.
BUT. Aro bit her, and we all know the transformation is like burning on a stake just 10000 times worse..
Why didn't sahe want to hurt/kill Aro????
She even was able to. As a Newborn she was stronger...
WHY WHY WHYY hahaha
Image
NaHueLs_GirL
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:17 am

PreviousNext

Return to Sparkling in the Sun

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest