Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Re: Leah Clearwater

Post by vegasn8ive »

I feel bad for Leah. There's a flair on Facebook right now that says, "Everyone lived happily ever after. Except for Leah." It's so true. She lost the love of her life and then got sucked into something that she totally didn't want where she has to endure Sam's thoughts of love knowing that he doesn't love her anymore. She finally sees the light at the end of the tunnel thinking that she and Jacob can go off and live more normal lives now that she is part of his pack and that gets taken away from her when Jacob imprints on Renesmee.

Poor girl! Can anything else not go her way? Leah is the one story that I didn't feel was resolved. I feel really good about Breaking Dawn but that was the one thing that really annoyed me. As soon as I finished I was like, "What about Leah?"
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

vegasn8ive wrote:I feel bad for Leah. There's a flair on Facebook right now that says, "Everyone lived happily ever after. Except for Leah." It's so true. She lost the love of her life and then got sucked into something that she totally didn't want where she has to endure Sam's thoughts of love knowing that he doesn't love her anymore. She finally sees the light at the end of the tunnel thinking that she and Jacob can go off and live more normal lives now that she is part of his pack and that gets taken away from her when Jacob imprints on Renesmee.

Poor girl! Can anything else not go her way? Leah is the one story that I didn't feel was resolved. I feel really good about Breaking Dawn but that was the one thing that really annoyed me. As soon as I finished I was like, "What about Leah?"

EXACTLY! i can't imagine being Leah....let's face it her story is basic EPIC FAIL. lol but what kinda cheered me up about her situation is that Stephenie has mentioned in some interviews that if and when she decides to continue the Twilight story, it'd be from either Reneesme or Leah's perspective. SHe even said herself that she felt that Leah's happy ending wasn't resolved, but didn't continue into further explanation- so i'm definitely having hopes that Leah will get her hapyp ending :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

^ I was brought down by SM saying that. I think a book from Leah's perspective would be amazing. But, even thought SM said that, that doesn't mean she would do it. That's getting peoples hopes up by saying that. She shouldn't of said anything until she was actually working on it, and actually knowing - for sure - that it would get published.

A book from Leah's...i could see it being my favorite.
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

emmett_<3 wrote:^ I was brought down by SM saying that. I think a book from Leah's perspective would be amazing. But, even thought SM said that, that doesn't mean she would do it. That's getting peoples hopes up by saying that. She shouldn't of said anything until she was actually working on it, and actually knowing - for sure - that it would get published.

A book from Leah's...i could see it being my favorite.
agreed. Sad, but true :?
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

vegasn8ive wrote:I feel bad for Leah. There's a flair on Facebook right now that says, "Everyone lived happily ever after. Except for Leah." It's so true. She lost the love of her life and then got sucked into something that she totally didn't want where she has to endure Sam's thoughts of love knowing that he doesn't love her anymore. She finally sees the light at the end of the tunnel thinking that she and Jacob can go off and live more normal lives now that she is part of his pack and that gets taken away from her when Jacob imprints on Renesmee.

GOD i love flair! i have too much for my board though.... :cry:

but yeah i definitely agree with you, although i'm not so sure she was bitter or upset about jacob imprinting, but i could easily be wrong.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:

GOD i love flair! i have too much for my board though.... :cry:

but yeah i definitely agree with you, although i'm not so sure she was bitter or upset about jacob imprinting, but i could easily be wrong.

i know right? I really am starting to wonder how she felt about the whole thing...i'm sure she wasn't interested in jake or anything, being that she's older and jacob could've heard her thought on him- but i wonder what she thought about the whole imprinting thing? I really hope her POV will be written out...
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

I personally don't think she give a hoot about the fact that Jacob imprinted on Renesmee (other than she has a complete dislike for vampires). But knowing that Jacob won't be running off into the sunset kind of shut the door on what she was hoping her future would be. She wanted to get away from La Push and the entire pack thing. If she is still in Jacob's pack, she either has to stay where he stays or go off by herself like Jacob did. The other alternative, rejoining Sam's pack, is so not an option for her. I imagine she feels like she's had the rug pulled out from under her.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

vegasn8ive wrote:I personally don't think she give a hoot about the fact that Jacob imprinted on Renesmee (other than she has a complete dislike for vampires). But knowing that Jacob won't be running off into the sunset kind of shut the door on what she was hoping her future would be. She wanted to get away from La Push and the entire pack thing. If she is still in Jacob's pack, she either has to stay where he stays or go off by herself like Jacob did. The other alternative, rejoining Sam's pack, is so not an option for her. I imagine she feels like she's had the rug pulled out from under her.

Very true, i can definitely see her point of view on things :cry: poor Leah, she needs her own Han Solo *sorry, Star Wars wisecrack..bahaha*- wait i mean Edward- No Jacob, i mean....SHE NEEDS TO IMPRINT haha.
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

I always liked Leah, and as I foud out more about her, I felt so bad for her. What with Sam imprinting on her best friend.. And thinking she was pregnant.. Feeling hopeless.. Yeah, I always liked Leah. I thought she and Jacob should have gotten together in BD. It seemed appropriate, for some reason I don't know. She really got the short end of the stick; I wish she would have ended up with someone at the end of the series. :(

Poor Leah Clearwater.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
niski
Settled in Forks

Post by niski »

I loved Leah so much in Breaking Dawn. Especially when she told Bella off. That whole protecting Bella from feeling bad was getting on my nerves. Someone needed to tell her how it is and what she is doing and the consequences of her actions. Edward and Jacob always try to make her feel better even when she did something wrong and she got way too used to that. Leah was able to bring her back to reality. Yes Bella you are human and not everyone loves you and you hurt the people around you often now wake up and face it. I'm also glad that Leah is happy now. I'm glad Stephenie touched on that a little bit in book three of breaking dawn although I wish we could have seen more of her.