Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Leah Clearwater

Post by CantBreathe »

I liked Leah from the start... well maybe not liked, she was not the most likeable person, but I definitely always understood her and sympathized with her. Not only did the love of her life leave her, but for her cousin, and now she has to be around them constantly and even be in the wedding. Then, the werewolf business, indirectly causing her father's death, the genetic dead end, etc. I can't blame her bitterness. I don't think the rest of the pack deserved to be treated poorly because of it, but I thought a lot of that was unavoidable as they could hear all Leah's thoughts. I also respected her for confronting Bella (though the timing was way off). I love Bella unconditionally, but she annoyed me at times and it was especially annoying that everyone always played along with her. Part of me would like to see Leah fall in love naturally, as she did with Sam, but part of me also feels that she does deserve to imprint and that she may actually feel more normal and equal (compared to the rest of the pack) if she did. I hope someday we will find out :)
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i never realized until BD how much leah really was dealing with, that it was SO much more than sam and emily. can you imagine feeling like you were a "genetic dead end"?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Bkwrm
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bkwrm »

Leah had no business going after Bella. Jacob isn't a child. He CHOSE to pursue Bella in NM, Eclipse. He CHOSE to go to the Cullens' house in BD (to "avenge" a woman who didn't need or want it) He's not a victim here.

If Leah wants to tell someone off; there are plenty of people who deserve it.

Sam. Granted, he couldn't help imprinting on Emily. But he could have TOLD Leah the truth. Jacob broke the rules, after all - the world didn't come to an end. There was no "If I tell you, I'd have to KILL you" crud.

Emily. She had a choice; she chose to be with a man who broke her "sister's" heart. AND she had the gall to ask Leah to be a bridesmaid in her wedding to the man Leah loved.

Sue and Harry Clearwater. They knew about werewolves. They knew about the legend of imprinting. Not only did they not warn Leah - after he imprinted, they were apparently too busy kissing Sam's behind while their own *daughter* lived in the ruins of her life, wondering what was going on!

I love Leah, but she chose the wrong target.
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

What exactly did Leah say to Bella anyway? I didn't really get that...

I read on some website that Stephenie Meyer is interested in continuing with some of the other characters' stories, especially Leah. That would be cool.

It was nice that she became Jacob's 'beta' or whatever. And I felt sorry for her when she said that she'd never imprint.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:it bothers me that she keeps saying she's gonna write books from these minor character's POV. i love leah, but personally, i think the next book she be from jake's POV. come on, think of all he went through to get that imprint. he at least deserves to continue that story in his own words!
I agree, I would love to see more of what Jacob is thinking. His section in "Breaking Dawn", was one of my favorites. Besides, he is one of the major characters. I think if she wrote Midnight Sun from Edward's POV, she should definitely write about Jacob. Just so we can see more of how he felt about the whole "vampire-lover" thing.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Bkwrm wrote:Leah had no business going after Bella. Jacob isn't a child. He CHOSE to pursue Bella in NM, Eclipse. He CHOSE to go to the Cullens' house in BD (to "avenge" a woman who didn't need or want it) He's not a victim here.

If Leah wants to tell someone off; there are plenty of people who deserve it.

Sam. Granted, he couldn't help imprinting on Emily. But he could have TOLD Leah the truth. Jacob broke the rules, after all - the world didn't come to an end. There was no "If I tell you, I'd have to KILL you" crud.

Emily. She had a choice; she chose to be with a man who broke her "sister's" heart. AND she had the gall to ask Leah to be a bridesmaid in her wedding to the man Leah loved.

Sue and Harry Clearwater. They knew about werewolves. They knew about the legend of imprinting. Not only did they not warn Leah - after he imprinted, they were apparently too busy kissing Sam's behind while their own *daughter* lived in the ruins of her life, wondering what was going on!

I love Leah, but she chose the wrong target.
i have to entirely disagree.

i would love to dispute what you said about jacob, but this is a LEAH thread, so i will stick to her.

bella deserved whatever leah said to her. bella knew leah was right. she even says so. if she had been wrong, bella wouldn't have been so upset.

bella kept jake coming back. begged him to stay with her. moreover, expected him to. she made this choice to continue with this. she deserves whatever feelings people may have about it. she is SO not a victim.

you really fault EMILY for what happened with sam and leah? really? what would you have done in emily's situation??

jacob is ABSOLUTELY a victim here, and has been since the moment bella realized his interest in her and took advantage of it in twilight. she's been as much at fault for what happened between them as he has since she walked into her garage in new moon. if she didn't want him there, she would have told him so. after all, she has NO QUALMS about breaking his heart.

Bkwrm
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bkwrm »

Emily had the choice of staying with Sam - a man who broke her "sister's" heart (not to mention almost ripping off her face) - or leaving. She chose to betray her best friend. And to plunge the knife in deeper, she asks Leah to be a bridesmaid. Not to mention, SHE also never tells Leah, "Look, Sam didn't stop loving you. He's a werewolf. He couldn't help it."

As for Bella forcing poor little Jacob to stay with her - that wasn't her, that was the fetus. (Ick)
Stagnant Shadow
Settled in Forks

Post by Stagnant Shadow »

Leah... Irritates me.

I would feel guilty for her, but she has no redeeming traits. Throughout the book, she is constantly angry, and she can't stop complaining and making others' lives miserable. The most she did was join Jacob, and that was for her own purposes.

(However, I do have a nagging suspicion that she was starting to fall for Jacob - it would have been a relationship after a couple months.)
From what I've tasted of desire,
I hold with those who favor fire.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Bkwrm wrote:Emily had the choice of staying with Sam - a man who broke her "sister's" heart (not to mention almost ripping off her face) - or leaving. She chose to betray her best friend. And to plunge the knife in deeper, she asks Leah to be a bridesmaid. Not to mention, SHE also never tells Leah, "Look, Sam didn't stop loving you. He's a werewolf. He couldn't help it."

As for Bella forcing poor little Jacob to stay with her - that wasn't her, that was the fetus. (Ick)
has the fetus thing been confirmed??? no, it has not. it was BELLA whining and crying and begging and pleading.

and you know what? we excuse a lot from bella, bella has done a LOT of hurting and heartbreaking to be with edward. why can't we extend that same courtesy to emily??? hmm? they are a lot more similar than you might like to think.

i'm curious. why do you read these books? you don't seem to like anyone.

leah has lots of redeeming traits. you have to consider what leah had to deal with, and the fact that she's only been away from that environment for a few weeks when we get into her head in jacob's book. mostly actually a few DAYS. she's just begun the healing process, and already we see loyalty, humor, intelligence, strength, insecurity.

when, may i ask, does she whine and complain and make others' lives miserable in BD??

moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

poor girl. so sad that she can't imprint. After Jacob, I'd say that she needs it the most.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight