Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Leah Clearwater

Post by Angelvamp »

Oops! I blew by that PG-13 rating, again! :oops: Talk about swooning. Sheesh. :?

It does seem like a double standard though. The guys are thinking about her exploding out of her clothes (and she catches them, too) but she doesn't have any thoughts about them? Seems a little odd to me. Even if her heart is broken, I don't think other things are, if you know what I mean. ;)

Do I make the PG-13 rating? Now I'm all paranoid... :?
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Angelvamp wrote:Oops! I blew by that PG-13 rating, again! :oops: Talk about swooning. Sheesh. :?

It does seem like a double standard though. The guys are thinking about her exploding out of her clothes (and she catches them, too) but she doesn't have any thoughts about them? Seems a little odd to me. Even if her heart is broken, I don't think other things are, if you know what I mean. ;)

Do I make the PG-13 rating? Now I'm all paranoid... :?

I hope not... :D

I sure don't. there is a double standard, all the shirtless scense are of the boys...you would think this was written from a women's perspective or something... ;) Can you believe it...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Pendragon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Pendragon »

Angelvamp wrote:I agree, I would hate having people in my head all the time. And Leah has done well coping, especially for someone who is so independant. But what about her fantasies? Does she still think about Sam, in that way? Does she get even a little bit hot when she spies all those big, muscular guys naked all the time? (BTW, wolf pack at the Twi Tour = Total Hotness!) It is never mentioned, but I'm sure her hormones are present just like the guys'. I mean, she can't just have bitter and moody thoughts all the time.
I sure she does too, but she tries her best to hide it deep within her mind using her bitter thoughts. I'm also sure there might be times where they slip, making her feel all the more embarrassed.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Well, they can only read her mind when she's in wolf form, and I bet you she's so unhappy in wolf form that that's the last thing she's thinking about.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

So how well do you think one can hide their true feelings and thoughts from the others in the pack?

moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

The Dark Knight wrote:So how well do you think one can hide their true feelings and thoughts from the others in the pack?
Well, I had the impression that your mind was an open book in wolf form. Doesn't really seem like they can hide anything. But I'm not sure. Do you think if they did what Alice does to Edward like reciting Czech poems or whatever, that it would block out the rest of their mind?
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

moon sidhe wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:So how well do you think one can hide their true feelings and thoughts from the others in the pack?
Well, I had the impression that your mind was an open book in wolf form. Doesn't really seem like they can hide anything. But I'm not sure. Do you think if they did what Alice does to Edward like reciting Czech poems or whatever, that it would block out the rest of their mind?

I got the impression that they could hear your thought's not read your mind. So the Alice things should work as long as you can keep it up...

Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

I didn't get that impression, I thought that it was more like Aro - that the wolves have access to every thought their brothers have. Jacob said something in NM or Eclipse (don't remember which, anyone?) about everything you're ashamed of laid out for everyone to see. That leads me to believe that they can't really block their brothers from any thoughts they may have.
elisemusta
Wandering Through Town

Post by elisemusta »

I think DK is right here. It seems that wolves can just hear everything you think at the moment, not everything you have ever thought. In New Moon page 318 when Bella has just figured out what Jake is and they are talking about it and Jake goes to phase and "call" Sam he says: "I tried not to think about you so they wouldn't know what was going on."

But you know how people's mind works. If you are upset or really happy about something it is very very hard not to think about that. And try NOT to think something particular and you already did it. So if you are very good at focusing and don't spend very long time as wolf maybe you could hide something. :)
Not bad for a prison break, eh?
Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

Hmmm. Good point. I guess if they're feeling an incredible amount of guilt or pain about something, it would be hard to always keep that out of their thoughts. Especially if they're suddenly reminded of it, they couldn't help but think of it. Yeah, you guys are right, it's probably not like Aro.