Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Leah Clearwater

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

I think that in a lot of ways, Jacob was perfect for Leah. He would have done a fantastic job helping her work through all her resentments and anger and he is tough enough that she wouldn't walk all over him but he's sensitive enough that he wouldn't be a jerk.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Pendragon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Pendragon »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:I think that in a lot of ways, Jacob was perfect for Leah. He would have done a fantastic job helping her work through all her resentments and anger and he is tough enough that she wouldn't walk all over him but he's sensitive enough that he wouldn't be a jerk.
Tell me about it. I really wish they could have gotten together. I mean I can still see them be good friends and help each other out. It's just part of me is worried that maybe when Jacob imprinted he might have lost the ability to relate with Leah in a way. I thought it would be better if they were able to help each other heal instead of Jacob imprinting.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Agreed. I really don't like the finality of imprinting. It seems to end all your other relationships.

Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Agreed. I really don't like the finality of imprinting. It seems to end all your other relationships.
Yeah defiantly. The reason I disliked Jacob imprinting on Renesme was not only it was a plot device for him and Bella to stay good friends, but in general I can't help but feel that imprinting put a halt in his character develop. It's as if instead of moving on and growing from all the heart ache he suffered, it simply went away just like that. Imprinting is one of the things I hate to see in a Leah fanfic. Like I can't continue to read it anymore one she imprints, no matter how good the story was before hand. What I especially don't like about those Leah imprinting fanfics is how imprinting just puts her through more pain, heart ache, and misery while i'm reading it saying, "please give the poor girl a break". And it's not just her imprinting, but who she imprints one as well like for example, Edward, Emmit, Marcus, Nauel, Sam's child, etc. I like to see those fanfics about her in which she gets stronger and moves one, coming full circle with herself and in the end eventually finding the right guy, falling in love naturally. I can not picture her imprinting and becoming some love sick dog who will do anything for their masters like the other pack members are like. I think Leah is not only way too independent for that, but way too cool as well. :mrgreen:
suzzeeQ

Post by suzzeeQ »

Pendragon wrote: I like to see those fanfics about her in which she gets stronger and moves one, coming full circle with herself and in the end eventually finding the right guy, falling in love naturally.

Do you have any links? I don't like the Leah imprinting stories either.
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

suzzeeQ wrote:
Pendragon wrote: I like to see those fanfics about her in which she gets stronger and moves one, coming full circle with herself and in the end eventually finding the right guy, falling in love naturally.

Do you have any links? I don't like the Leah imprinting stories either.
Well I can't find any at the moment, but i'll let you know when I can.
TheElysianSoul
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheElysianSoul »

Leah's a pretty good character. It's a shame SM didn't give her more time to develop fully. It's sad that most of the pack in Eclipse seemed to see her as a thorn. She's heartbroken, and it's her way of dealing with her problems. They should understand that, seeing they can all see each other's thoughts.

I also wished Jacob had fallen in love (not imprinted, no. I'm against that, for certain moral reasons) with Leah instead of Renesmee. Two broken hearts helping each other mend, and in the process moving on from what had hurt them in the past... I find that way more romantic. XD
I'm a Fullmetal Alchemist fangirl, and right there on my avatar is my OTP. :D
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

Though I get this thread started by posting a link to a really good fanfic I found called "A Rock and a Hard Place" :lol:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4532236/1/A ... Hard_Place
It's a really good one shot with Jake/Leah and can be funny and sad at the same time.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

You know, I really don't like to do fanfics. Idk why, they've just never interested me, although I'm sure those who do read them will greatly appreciate that link!! 8-)

But let's generate something to discuss here - who has a good question/point/gripe whatever about Leah. Tell us how much you hate her just say something!!

Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:You know, I really don't like to do fanfics. Idk why, they've just never interested me, although I'm sure those who do read them will greatly appreciate that link!! 8-)

But let's generate something to discuss here - who has a good question/point/gripe whatever about Leah. Tell us how much you hate her just say something!!
Well since I was the one hoping to revive this thread, I think I can make a topic. When you first learned about her what was your first impression on her. Did it change overtime? If so when and how. For me, I remember reading about her in eclipse when Jake told Bella about her. When I heard how she gave the other pack members a hard time i thought what a bitter harpy she is. She needed to understand the whole imprinting system and move on from Sam I still can't believe there was a point where I disliked her. The weird thing was that over time, I started to think more about her character and realized how interesting she is. I started to realize that all the things she's gone through is what caused her to become the way she is to the other pack members and how hard she's got it. I had grown to love her. Keep in mind this was all before Breaking Dawn. After learning some more about Leah in Jacob's POV, my love and respect for her just increased by a lot. I don't know how she managed to deal with all that. Having to not only share her mind with others, but teenage boys who saw her naked and share the mind of he ex boyfriend.

So share what your first impressions on Leah what like.