Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Re: Leah Clearwater

Post by emmett_<3 »

Wow, can you really blame Leah? Why is she so bitter? Think about it. I'm the same way, its a bad thing, taking things out on other people, but many people do it. Sometimes for good reasons...sometimes...not. Leah had a reason, and a really good one. Something like that is bound to leave a huge mark...her lashing out was just in result of that. She can't really blame anyone so what else is there to do? She still loves Sam, but he doesn't even want her around. I'd act the same way.

Saffron Sunset: You need to give Leah a bit more credit. I highly doubt you would act in a more civilized way if you were placed in the situation. You'd either act the same way, or act some way equivilent.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i agree with you emmet.

at the same time, though, it's always hard in that situation. sometimes when we are very angry, we push the people away who we actually need the most. it doesn't make it right, but it does make her attitude, at least, understandable.

however, she needs to be held accountable for her actions. what she said to jake in the end of eclipse was just mean. and that's not ok.

but i think what she said to bella, though we don't see the whole conversation, was necessary and justified. i applaud her for telling bella off. people walk on eggshells for her, to keep her happy, no matter what. she's a little spoiled that way. no one's done that for leah, and she doesn't do that for anyone, and i respect her for that.

leah is the character that i actually relate to the most and have the most respect for.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
NessieFan
Wandering Through Town

Post by NessieFan »

Leah, what can I say? I don't hate her, i don't love her. I like her more then I did and I can understand why she did what she did and continue to do but there's something about her that keeps me from liking her. I'm not sure what that little thing is but i know its there. Though I must say that BD made me look at her as more then just an annoing, bitter witch...but as a young woman who was dealt a pretty crappy hand.
From this moment on your story starts now, all that came before is prelude. Write the ending as you see it and live it, not as how the fates decide it.

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

what, exactly, did she do though? besides having a bad attitude? i know the one part with jake, that was bad. but i don't know what else she "did".

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
leah is the character that i actually relate to the most and have the most respect for.
haha me too.
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

I really have mixed feelings about her... I'm kinda in the middle about her. I dont hate her, but I dont like her either. Does that make sense? Lol But I did like how she followed into Jake's pack.
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
NessieFan
Wandering Through Town

Post by NessieFan »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:what, exactly, did she do though? besides having a bad attitude? i know the one part with jake, that was bad. but i don't know what else she "did".

How she acted towards the pack when they were all apart of the one big pack, the way she would think of certain things to get back at certain members and such. She was qyuite vindicitive at times though after being left by the man she loves, becoming the first female shape shifter, and not being able to have kids I could see why it would make her more bitter. Espaecially after Breaking dawn when she got potrayed more as a human being who was dealt a crappy hand then a woman who was scorned by a man she was forced to take orders from, here all his thoughts which centered around Emily.

Bd helped me see her as a human being with feelings....made her more then a 2-d character oon paprer who acted snotty to everyone.
From this moment on your story starts now, all that came before is prelude. Write the ending as you see it and live it, not as how the fates decide it.

Pixie
Settled in Forks

Post by Pixie »

NessieFan wrote: How she acted towards the pack when they were all apart of the one big pack, the way she would think of certain things to get back at certain members and such. She was qyuite vindicitive at times though after being left by the man she loves, becoming the first female shape shifter, and not being able to have kids I could see why it would make her more bitter. Espaecially after Breaking dawn when she got potrayed more as a human being who was dealt a crappy hand then a woman who was scorned by a man she was forced to take orders from, here all his thoughts which centered around Emily.

Bd helped me see her as a human being with feelings....made her more then a 2-d character oon paprer who acted snotty to everyone.
You forgot being part of the reason for her dad's death. Their change, caused his heart attack. I don't think, thinking that way was bad- I don't think they were easy on her when she was thinking about Sam, or upset about certain aspects of being the only female. Jacob mentions her attitude when she would catch the pack, thinking about her after seeing her naked. I have also wondered if she thought those things around Edward on purpose.
Bkwrm
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bkwrm »

But according to SM, the reason Bella wanted Jacob around was because her fetus had imprinted on him.
Bkwrm
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bkwrm »

Sorry for the double post; I can't edit for some reason. I love Leah, but I do have to say it was not her place to talk to Bella that way. I understand she was mad. She may be projecting her anger at Sam who has been unwilling to let HER go. But it was not her place.