Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Leah Clearwater

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

I like that she shows that you can have a relatively interdependent relationship with a man without losing your individuality outside that relationship. It bums me out though that there's no example of a romantic relationship like that.

I love Leah and Jake as friends, but I think they'd make a great couple too.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:I like that she shows that you can have a relatively interdependent relationship with a man without losing your individuality outside that relationship. It bums me out though that there's no example of a romantic relationship like that.

At one point in Breaking Dawn, I thought something was gonna happen between Leah and Jacob. I think their tempers would get the better of each other though! I hoped before the end of Breaking Dawn that Leah could of found her 'soul mate' as we were kind of left hanging if you get what I mean? We dont know what happens to her.
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
Renesmee101
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Post by Renesmee101 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:I like that she shows that you can have a relatively interdependent relationship with a man without losing your individuality outside that relationship. It bums me out though that there's no example of a romantic relationship like that.

I agree. Thats one of the things that made me like Leah so much. If anyone were to find or write a story like that, it'd be amazing. That's usually the main thing that irritates me about "chick flicks" and romance novels, the woman somehow loses her sense of self inexchange for a man to tell her she's pretty. :roll:

I think that they would have worked well together, but something about their personalities is almost too similar. And all the shared thoughts would be too much info, too often in my opinion.
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

I love Leah, and I think she's one of the best characters in the saga.
And holdingoutforjacob, you're absolutely right. Bella did change throughout the books, and became less relatable. But Leah is very relatable with, like you said, all her faults and that shows for example when she got dumped by Sam - okay, she was ad and became a less cheerful person- but it was a very human thing to do. Not like Bella, when Edward left and she became a complete zombie. I don't mean it was wrong, but she didn't do anything, and alright it was Edward, her true love, but it's just not normal... I don't know if you guys can see what I mean, but tell me so I can explain it better.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

BrandOfHeroine wrote:I love Leah, and I think she's one of the best characters in the saga.
And holdingoutforjacob, you're absolutely right. Bella did change throughout the books, and became less relatable. But Leah is very relatable with, like you said, all her faults and that shows for example when she got dumped by Sam - okay, she was ad and became a less cheerful person- but it was a very human thing to do. Not like Bella, when Edward left and she became a complete zombie. I don't mean it was wrong, but she didn't do anything, and alright it was Edward, her true love, but it's just not normal... I don't know if you guys can see what I mean, but tell me so I can explain it better.
You made perfect sense. Bella loses her relatability when she pulls her first "pity me, I'm nothing without my Edward" fit. And then, when he comes back, and it turns out his whole leaving was just a huge demonstration of how much he loves her, she's still a total wimp. Leah loses the love of her life TO HER COUSIN. At least she's strong enough to function through it, and that's having to look at him every day and see him being the kind of happy you used to make him. And knowing you could still be making him that happy if it weren't for some stupid wolf thing. And feeling so totally inferior. But, as the icing on the cake, you KNOW you're inferior, because if he were just an idiot, as we women so often try to console ourselves, he wouldn't have imprinted on her.

There's the betrayal, the pain, the feeling worthless, but worst of all, the straight up unfairness of it. I think her reaction was tame, cuz I might've had to kill 'em both!

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
BrandOfHeroine

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
You made perfect sense. Bella loses her relatability when she pulls her first "pity me, I'm nothing without my Edward" fit. And then, when he comes back, and it turns out his whole leaving was just a huge demonstration of how much he loves her, she's still a total wimp. Leah loses the love of her life TO HER COUSIN. At least she's strong enough to function through it, and that's having to look at him every day and see him being the kind of happy you used to make him. And knowing you could still be making him that happy if it weren't for some stupid wolf thing. And feeling so totally inferior. But, as the icing on the cake, you KNOW you're inferior, because if he were just an idiot, as we women so often try to console ourselves, he wouldn't have imprinted on her.

There's the betrayal, the pain, the feeling worthless, but worst of all, the straight up unfairness of it. I think her reaction was tame, cuz I might've had to kill 'em both!
Exactly! Leah has gone through a lot more pain and problems than Bella has, and still doesn't do the cr** Bella did, and at least Bella got Edward back, but Leah didn't get Sam back. And somehow, Bella still seems to be the damsel in distress! That's what I hate about this whole thing.
dawn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dawn »

I definitely agree with you guys. And not to mention, Leah loses her father as a result of her becoming a wolf. And she still functions. That's insanely strong. That's why I get so mad at the pack for giving her a hard time - if all she does is get a little b****y towards them, that's a huge accomplishment, in my opinion.

I also agree with the statement that the pack doesn't support her the way they support each other, and I agree its probably mostly because of the gender. The pack are all "brothers" and Leah doesn't fit into that normal assumption, so I think she gets left out a lot.
BrandOfHeroine

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

dawn wrote:I definitely agree with you guys. And not to mention, Leah loses her father as a result of her becoming a wolf. And she still functions. That's insanely strong. That's why I get so mad at the pack for giving her a hard time - if all she does is get a little b****y towards them, that's a huge accomplishment, in my opinion.

I also agree with the statement that the pack doesn't support her the way they support each other, and I agree its probably mostly because of the gender. The pack are all "brothers" and Leah doesn't fit into that normal assumption, so I think she gets left out a lot.
Exactly, and I think that's so mean of all of them because Leah's is actually the one who needs much more support than any of them need. And since they don't show that kind of support towards her, she has to endure it herself, and we all know it may be kind of hard for her, but she knows how to control those feelings, in a way, unlike Bella.
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by suzzeeQ »

You guys are awesome. I totally agree with you. Leah is my favorite character in the series because she loses almost everything she has but is still very strong. If you make a list of what Bella went through and what Leah went through, I think Leah is the one who deserves the happy ending.
BrandOfHeroine

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

suzzeeQ wrote:You guys are awesome. I totally agree with you. Leah is my favorite character in the series because she loses almost everything she has but is still very strong. If you make a list of what Bella went through and what Leah went through, I think Leah is the one who deserves the happy ending.
Yay, we're awesome! LOL jk
Anyways, you're so right. If someone did write that list, Bella's would only have like 5 things or less written down