Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Leah Clearwater

Post by navarre »

Amivera wrote:This randomly popped into my head:

Jacob said everything about him grew quickly, so he had to keep cutting his hair every few days, or weeks. Does that mean— haha— that Leah has to... shave ten times a day?

Normally girls shave every day or every three days, if they wear shorts on a daily basis, and depending on their hair type. Poor Leah, if she really does have to shave all the time.

Or is it just head hair that grows quickly? Otherwise all the guys would have carpets on their legs... eeh. 0.0

:lol: :lol: :D Can you imagine??!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

Amivera wrote:This randomly popped into my head:

Jacob said everything about him grew quickly, so he had to keep cutting his hair every few days, or weeks. Does that mean— haha— that Leah has to... shave ten times a day?

Normally girls shave every day or every three days, if they wear shorts on a daily basis, and depending on their hair type. Poor Leah, if she really does have to shave all the time.

Or is it just head hair that grows quickly? Otherwise all the guys would have carpets on their legs... eeh. 0.0
lmao!
that would really be terrible. I wear shorts whenever I possibly can so I can't imagine having to have to worry about my legs that much :shock:
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

I think someone mentioned -- was it Esme Echo? that native americans don't get tons of facial/body hair. Their head hair is gorgeous, but I think Esme is right. Native Americans really don't get alot of facial/body hair...at least the men don't. I don't know about the women, but it would seem to follow.
I Want to Believe
alexbobalex26
Settled in Forks

Post by alexbobalex26 »

I have to admit that at first I found Leah a bit bothersome, but after we got to see a bit of what she was thinking I really liked her. I was a little dissapointed that we didnt get to hear any of her blonde joke she had shared with Jacob though. I also admire her for taking care of Seth, even though he might not appreciate it.
Peace. Love. && Twilight
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

I feel so bad for Leah. She is such a sad soul. I don't not know how she deals with being around everyone when she got dumped so badly. I couldn't even imagine sharing her mind as a member of her wolfpack. I'd be depressed all the time!
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Okay, I'm going back a little, because I'm new... I too was saddened by Leah's story. I felt like she was left hanging. I read on SM website that Leah is well-adjusted, but if that's true (well, it is if SM says so, but), I felt that her story wasn't told then. She came off so mean at first. Then she and Jacob bonded more and I felt bad for her. I have to admit that I thought Jacob and Leah were going to imprint on each other. Hear me out - I know it's supposed to happen right away, but they were both SO ANGRY that they couldn't be with the one they loved so much. I was thinking this anger was keeping the imprint from taking. As Leah started to let go of the anger, I thought Jake would too, and well... Happy ending for both of them! NOT that Leah needs a man. But her character seemed like she wanted to be in love (in my opinion). I would like to see a little more on how Leah becomes self-content, not that I need a story line in her POV, but just more information... I felt she got the short end here!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

^^I agree! Poor Leah.
glstewart wrote:I think someone mentioned -- was it Esme Echo? that native americans don't get tons of facial/body hair. Their head hair is gorgeous, but I think Esme is right. Native Americans really don't get alot of facial/body hair...at least the men don't. I don't know about the women, but it would seem to follow.
Yes, but Leah's a werewolf, and it's impossible to make generalizations like that for everyone. Caucasians have a variety of different hair textures, thinness, thickness, etc. Hispanics, African Americans, Asians, Middle-Easterners... within each group of people are a hundred different textures of hair, all depending on genes.

But what I was wondering was that since Leah is a *werewolf* would her hair grow faster? If Jacob has to shave his head every week, and head hair grows more slowly than leg hair, would Leah have to shave many times a week? That was my question.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

I know I've made my opinion on this clear before, but let's just reiterate: "Poor Leah, my a%^" Her bitterness gets on my nerves in a very big way. Yes, yes, yes, I know she got better by the end of BD (thank goodness), but still... :roll:
I Want to Believe
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

oh my. i know that leah's bitterness in eclipse was hard to bear (i hate her then too) but she still bothers you in BD???

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

I pitied Leah. Not only did the man she love leave her but he left her for her cousin. Then she has to go threw a biological nightmare, to where she is having doubts that she is actually female and on top of all of that, she has no choice but to share her innermost thoughts with her ex. Then she has to hear all of his, including his thoughts on Emily and she gets the pleasure of having a group of teenage guys, including her little brother, know all of her dirty laundry. I understand her being a pain in the butt. If I had to live through all of that, I would probably be bringing up some uncomfortable memories too. Come on, the phrase “hell hath no fury like a woman scorned” didn’t come from no where.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’