Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Bella Swan Cullen #2

Post by twilight1909 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:however, Twilight1909, the insult wasn't necessary. your point could easily have been made minus pettiness.
What is that supposed to mean? He didn't insult me but it sounds like you did. I wrote about what happened, and it has importance, so that's not petty. I freely vented my anger about it, though it was really for my own enjoyment. It made me laugh.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by leahroselover »

I felt like Bella kissing Jacob was very tacked on. I mean it happened at the near end of the book. Then in BD it doesn't even matter anymore. The love triangle was always in Edward's favor. Sorry Jacob.

T.T
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I think HOFJ might have been referring to the distaste (bordering on repulsion) with which you spoke of Jacob kissing Bella...
I think HOFJ might feel you were a bit unnecessarily, umm, unkind in your depiction of Jacob then was absolutely necessary, and I know that, as the name would indicate, HOFJ has strong feelings about Jacob as a character, and might have seen that as an unwarranted attack?
I understand your point of view, but I can see where HOFJ is coming from too..
Unless I totally miss my mark HOFJ?
It's been known to happen
lol
= )...

P.S.
keeping up with this thread and the Jacob thread is getting to be a damn near full-time job..
= )
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

Oh believe me I know. It's how I feel though, and I'm allowed to voice it. I figured I would get a reaction, I just needed to get it out. I'm good now.

The repulsion doesn't come from Jacob personally, just the situation. Cheating is distasteful so my description is distasteful. My friend says "big sweaty Jacob" and I think it's funny every time. Sorry to those who disagree.
DesiringJB
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DesiringJB »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:i think SenorGimp has a point in that usually people who see deeper into the book don't hate Jacob, they understand what he was trying to do, and while they don't necessarily prefer him, they hold no animosity towards him. that, to me, is a sign of someone who really got it. they hold no animosity towards either edward or jacob.

jacob and bella's first kiss - i wanted to kill him. the second one though, i understood. i think we all need to remember that this was NOT part of jacob's regular routine. his whole thing was to be constant, in the background, patient, waiting. this was last-ditch, last chance, desperate. does that make it right? no. does that make it less painful for edward? no. it just makes it not evil of jacob.

but again, one of the things i like most about edward is that he gets it. he understands that this has to be done, that she has to do this, that she has to go through this in order to be ready for him. i really admire his wisdom in that.

however, if bella's relationship with edward was a bit healthier, she probably would have been a bit more self-aware and it wouldn't have come to this point.

however, Twilight1909, the insult wasn't necessary. your point could easily have been made minus pettiness.
I definitely agree with you and SeniorGimp here. I could go on and on about this kiss scene, but it mainly centers on Jacob's POV, so its really not appropriate on the Bella thread.

And I'm with you HOJF on the twilight1909 Jacob kiss post...Im convincing myself to let it go.. :?

Continuing with discussing Bella though..A lot of people, me included, jump on Bella for not being more self-aware, but I think to the outside observer that its easier to pick up on things. Whenever your in the thick of things, its difficult to see things clearly, ya know? So sometimes, I guess I feel guilty about beating Bella up for it..
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

well, i try to be respectful and mature about edward, however distasteful i may find him at times. i tend to expect the same courtesy. obviously there are no restrictions about how you may feel, but there are those about how you may voice said feelings. i don't feel the need to call edward names, nor do i feel that i have the right to do so. i prefer to make constructive use of my first amendment rights. the bottom line is, if you know it's going to offend people, and you could express yourself in a more tasteful manner, why not do so, for the sake of everyone?

SenorGimp, how many times do you think you can use the abbreviation of my name in one post?? haha i'm not being mean, i just kept seeing HOFJ over and over and it started sounding funny. before the awful hacking incident, i used to be known on the jacob thread as hoffjuh.

DesiringJB, i feel ya. every so often i go on a very anti-bella mood, and then i feel bad about it later. she's just so annoying sometimes though.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
DesiringJB

Post by DesiringJB »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:well, i try to be respectful and mature about edward, however distasteful i may find him at times. i tend to expect the same courtesy. obviously there are no restrictions about how you may feel, but there are those about how you may voice said feelings. i don't feel the need to call edward names, nor do i feel that i have the right to do so. i prefer to make constructive use of my first amendment rights. the bottom line is, if you know it's going to offend people, and you could express yourself in a more tasteful manner, why not do so, for the sake of everyone?

SenorGimp, how many times do you think you can use the abbreviation of my name in one post?? haha i'm not being mean, i just kept seeing HOFJ over and over and it started sounding funny. before the awful hacking incident, i used to be known on the jacob thread as hoffjuh.

DesiringJB, i feel ya. every so often i go on a very anti-bella mood, and then i feel bad about it later. she's just so annoying sometimes though.
Well put, HOFJ..And I remember you being referred to as hoffjuh..thats when I use to be 'RunsWithWolves'. Now someone else has that name..

But yeah, I can get VERY frustrated with Bella and rant and rant about how evil she is :evil: THEN later, when I'm much more rational, I feel guilty and can semi justify her actions..

I guess I can be really torn on Bella. One day I want her dead and the next I kinda admire her haha
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

Please. If I said something that involves restriction then this is way too censored. I didn't call Jacob names. He is big, and him and Bella did wake up sweaty. So I'm not sure what you mean. Honestly you guys, it was a sarcastic post. It really wouldn't offend me if you said anything like that about Edward. The cheating bothers me -- why should it be described tastefully ? I don't have to stifle my opinion for anyone's sake. I didn't say he should die or anything.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

okay 'twi', that is a very valid point, and i guess you are justified in your opinions, but i can see how the wording you used would be perhaps a bit distasteful to avid Jacob advocates...
I guess I never really viewed the scene as cheating though, not sure why, but i figured Bella was entitled to try something else for at least a minute, since Edward went off and 'tried something else' for months, intentionally delivering a malicious blow to bella's heart in the form of, "I just don't love you" (supposedly to make it easier for her to separate herself from him... that obviously worked), or whatever it was that he said, i don't specifically remember, but i think that bella had every right to kiss jacob in that tent, although i don't think she would have if she weren't gullible enough to fall for jake's i'll kill myself story, which brings me back to HOFJ's (sorry, don't know how else to abbreviate it, bear with me) points about how she never learns anything, if she did she would have known jacob well enough to know that he was bluffing, but i guess she never really did get to know him too well, just kind of used him to drive her own pain to a tolerable distance...
sorry got off track..
...i think bella had every right to kiss jacob, and if edward had to suffer for the experience, all the better, Bella and Jacob shouldn't be the only ones who have to endure emotional trauma and heartache throughout the story...
And, anticipating this response, though unsure as to whether it will actually be brought up, I don't want to hear anything (which doesn't mean you can't post it, freedom of speech and all that) about how edward sufferd when he left bella, cause that was his own damn doing, and at least he knew that they both loved each other, whereas bella was left with the actualizing of all of her longest-brooded over fears (Edward couldn't possibly love me, he's too perfect, yada yada).
Anyway, umm, onto another thing
'...Jacob', sorry for the repitition in abbreviating your name, i was merely trying to make a middle-ground statement about the nature of 'twi...'s statement and how it may have been interpreted by some.
Didn't mean to sound like a broken record, but at least you got a good laugh out of it...
from now on i shall refer to you as '...jacob', cool?
thank you for your time
= )...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
DesiringJB

Post by DesiringJB »

SenorGimp wrote:okay 'twi', that is a very valid point, and i guess you are justified in your opinions, but i can see how the wording you used would be perhaps a bit distasteful to avid Jacob advocates...
I guess I never really viewed the scene as cheating though, not sure why, but i figured Bella was entitled to try something else for at least a minute, since Edward went off and 'tried something else' for months, intentionally delivering a malicious blow to bella's heart in the form of, "I just don't love you" (supposedly to make it easier for her to separate herself from him... that obviously worked), or whatever it was that he said, i don't specifically remember, but i think that bella had every right to kiss jacob in that tent, although i don't think she would have if she weren't gullible enough to fall for jake's i'll kill myself story, which brings me back to HOFJ's (sorry, don't know how else to abbreviate it, bear with me) points about how she never learns anything, if she did she would have known jacob well enough to know that he was bluffing, but i guess she never really did get to know him too well, just kind of used him to drive her own pain to a tolerable distance...
sorry got off track..
...i think bella had every right to kiss jacob, and if edward had to suffer for the experience, all the better, Bella and Jacob shouldn't be the only ones who have to endure emotional trauma and heartache throughout the story...
And, anticipating this response, though unsure as to whether it will actually be brought up, I don't want to hear anything (which doesn't mean you can't post it, freedom of speech and all that) about how edward sufferd when he left bella, cause that was his own damn doing, and at least he knew that they both loved each other, whereas bella was left with the actualizing of all of her longest-brooded over fears (Edward couldn't possibly love me, he's too perfect, yada yada).
Anyway, umm, onto another thing
'...Jacob', sorry for the repitition in abbreviating your name, i was merely trying to make a middle-ground statement about the nature of 'twi...'s statement and how it may have been interpreted by some.
Didn't mean to sound like a broken record, but at least you got a good laugh out of it...
from now on i shall refer to you as '...jacob', cool?
thank you for your time
= )...
Oh SeniorGimp, I think I'm going to start bowing down to your posts :lol:

However, I do feel Bella did cheat on Edward, but to me.. Well its not really condemning. It happened when they were both running high on all differenet emotions..fear, anger, desperation, rejection, joy, lust, LOVE, etc...

I dont condemn Jacob for how he got the kiss, nor do I condemn Bella for responding.. And personally, I found the kiss to be hot ;)