Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Bella Swan Cullen #2

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

DesiringJB wrote:
dazzlingdynamite wrote: The fact that after such a build up - in Eclipse of Bella's choice between the two - that she looses absoloutely nothing in Breaking Dawn pretty much spoilt the whole series for me. It didn't seem like someones life, like something that wasn't written by an author but was actually written by the character, or told anyway (we all know how you feel when you particuarly love a book) it seemed like it was written by Stephenie. Not by Bella, it seemed like it was an author's decisive story. (That may not make sense to you XD) It didn't flow, it didn't seem natural, it seemed exactly like Stephenie had thought it up all along to give all her characters the resolution that she thought we all wanted. For them to be happy. When that isn't real life, not by a long shot. Real life is full of misery, and heart-break and pain, not la-di-da sunshine and rainbows, 'my best friend whom I love imprinted on my newly born daughter, and I'm cool with it!' I don't believe that anyone in their right mind would forgive someone for falling for their child, when they've been involved with each other previously. I don't think anyone could bear it, irreguardless of the circumstances because even if you've found your perfect match, it would still hurt to see that happening. It basically just spoilt it all for me. The fact that there wasn't even an ounce of reality in it.
Wow, you took the words right from my mouth! I do not like BD.. I adore the first three books, but BD, as you said, seemed unrealistic. Now I know that sounds funny considering the books are full of mythological creatures and such.. But they are believable by the way things happen and the characters react. BD just was so out there! And yeah, everyone got a happy ending, but in the real world, that doesn't happen.. And honestly, Bella gets pregnant?! Come on, Edward is dead! How can he create life?? And Bella just immediately has self control as a vampire? And she soo quickly is able to use her power at such a strong capacity? Plus, Jacob impriting on Renesmee? Cop out! Plus an intense fight scene at end would have been nice.. I know I know.. The book was like the Merchant of Venice..
I know exactly what you mean! It was so untouchable, you couldn't relate to it. I couldn't relate to it full stop, but I know Bella is supposed to be designed as someone you can relate to, well when she turned into a vamp she lost anything that made her different. I didn't like that she seemed to fit the mold of a vampire so easily, and just suddenly become this thing that wasn't thirsty for human blood like she should have been, I felt bad for Jasper because it wasn't fair that she should get off so easy while he was still internally struggling.
And Edward is supposed to be dead, he shouldn't be able to contain life inside of him . . . and er . . . y'know is classified as life. It's an organism, so how could someone who was supposed to be dead still have a living organism inside of them?
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

i absolutely agree with you guys regarding breaking dawn even though i thought it was a good book and i liked it.

the thing that drives me insane is, why oh why did Stephenie Meyer bring science into this. Meiosis (the creation of the uhhm...genetic information)
Anyways...Vampires have 25 pairs - that's crazy - they should not be able to mate with humans. or can they? my science knowledge is pretty limited to 10th grade science. Good thing i'll be majoring in science....sigh

oh btw, i am not sure if vampires are really "dead" - they are living and supposedly they have cells that do work, so i am just concluding that they are alive...
but STILL the "genetic information" is just not possible. I thought venom was too strong, i don't understand how...ugh nevermind.
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

malaz wrote:i absolutely agree with you guys regarding breaking dawn even though i thought it was a good book and i liked it.

the thing that drives me insane is, why oh why did Stephenie Meyer bring science into this. Meiosis (the creation of the uhhm...genetic information)
Anyways...Vampires have 25 pairs - that's crazy - they should not be able to mate with humans. or can they? my science knowledge is pretty limited to 10th grade science. Good thing i'll be majoring in science....sigh

oh btw, i am not sure if vampires are really "dead" - they are living and supposedly they have cells that do work, so i am just concluding that they are alive...
but STILL the "genetic information" is just not possible. I thought venom was too strong, i don't understand how...ugh nevermind.
I don't like how Stephenie had this creative new species and she just went all these different ways and then explained it afterwards... like with the children of the whatever the Volturi thought that Nessie was... and thet Bella figured out she was pregnant and THEN explained how- explained that she already had heard about the incubis or whatever... there was NO foreshadowing- it just- "BAM! oh! and here's why..."
ColormeBSG
Iris1017
Settled in Forks

Post by Iris1017 »

I was reading everyone's posts and to me the love relationship between Edward and Bella and then Jacob and Bella justs plain makes sense. ANd I don't think she was rebounding. That first love there is only the moments that matter you don't think of yesterday or your future just how it feels right now. SOmetimes you don't even look into who that person really is just how they make you feel. So when Edward left she went numb everything changed. I wouldn't resent bella or even be mad at Edward because that is the way life is there is always going to be change. But when you feel numb you will do anything to feel something or alive. She starts taking risks. adrenline is a sure way of feeling alive and this is where she believes she is hearing edwards voice. And you can love two people without lessen the love for the other. That is how love is crazy in this world but just like she does you have to make a choice(and hope like heck its the right one). With edward she feels a pull, a force, that she can't control which is another example of how that first love can really affect you. But with Jacob she's just her in a very real sense that he even understand her pain. I think edward she doens't feel good enough and that is why she wants to change in order to be beauitiful enough for him. But with Jacob she wouldn't have to change a thing and im sorry but that is real love.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Lioness Rampant wrote: I don't like how Stephenie had this creative new species and she just went all these different ways and then explained it afterwards... like with the children of the whatever the Volturi thought that Nessie was... and thet Bella figured out she was pregnant and THEN explained how- explained that she already had heard about the incubis or whatever... there was NO foreshadowing- it just- "BAM! oh! and here's why..."
yeah. it was so confusing at first. I thought that Eleazer was the Incubus and i was like he made bella pregnant :o :o :o - i have no idea how i came to that conclusion. I never thought Bella and Edward went THAT far in their honeymoon night.

And then. What's more contradicting is that men are the same till death (i never knew that. anyways) - the thing is Edward is a male. He is not human. He is a male vampire. A different species. The same rules that apply to humans sometimes do not apply to other species. A vampire's body is based of a human's body, and that's it. nothing else is the same. so THAT'S confusing.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Iris1017 wrote: But with Jacob she's just her in a very real sense that he even understand her pain. I think edward she doens't feel good enough and that is why she wants to change in order to be beauitiful enough for him. But with Jacob she wouldn't have to change a thing and im sorry but that is real love.
You think Bella wanted to change just so she could be beautiful enough for Edward? :? That's a perk, but it's definitely not the reason. Bella wanted to be with Edward forever. He's an immortal, and she's in love with him. So she wanted to be immortal with him. I thought SM made this very clear. Not to mention if Bella really didn't feel pretty enough for Edward, she could have worked on her human appearance. She didn't start wearing makeup or buying cute clothes. She stayed her "ordinary" self because Edward loves her just the way she is. That's the whole thing -- he never wanted Bella to change for him. He wanted to make it work the way things were. Naturally, for her at least. But I always sided with Bella on that one. She would keep getting older, and being with a 17-year-old would become very difficult in your 60s...70s...80s! Anyone seen Benjamin Button? yeeah. Tragic.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
DesiringJB
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DesiringJB »

twilight1909 wrote:
Iris1017 wrote: But with Jacob she's just her in a very real sense that he even understand her pain. I think edward she doens't feel good enough and that is why she wants to change in order to be beauitiful enough for him. But with Jacob she wouldn't have to change a thing and im sorry but that is real love.
You think Bella wanted to change just so she could be beautiful enough for Edward? :? That's a perk, but it's definitely not the reason. Bella wanted to be with Edward forever. He's an immortal, and she's in love with him. So she wanted to be immortal with him. I thought SM made this very clear. Not to mention if Bella really didn't feel pretty enough for Edward, she could have worked on her human appearance. She didn't start wearing makeup or buying cute clothes. She stayed her "ordinary" self because Edward loves her just the way she is. That's the whole thing -- he never wanted Bella to change for him. He wanted to make it work the way things were. Naturally, for her at least. But I always sided with Bella on that one. She would keep getting older, and being with a 17-year-old would become very difficult in your 60s...70s...80s! Anyone seen Benjamin Button? yeeah. Tragic.
For once I agree with you twilight1909 ;) I think Bella's motivation for becoming a vamp stems from three things. First and foremost, she wants to be with Edward forever because she's madly in love with him. Secondly, she wants to be able to be physically closer with Edward. And lastly, she wants to feel like an equal in their relationship. She always felt the relationship was unbalanced and not just because of looks (though that did play a part).
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

First off:
where do i start?
okay, malaz i think it was, i agree with you that, after becoming a vampire in BD, Bella's whole personality changes dramatically, but then again, wasn't that what was supposed to happen?
I mean, the basic tenets of vampirism are increased capacities for, well, everything.
Better senses, being faster, stronger, more beautiful, and having a much broader perception of the world, having the abililty to feel things on a level that you've never before even been able to comprehend (that may have been bad grammar, i couldn't figure out how to word it right = ).
But I don't necessarily think that reality always works out for the worse.
I mean, just because Bella gets her happily ever after with Edward, AND Jacob gets his with Renesmee, I don't think that cheapens the story at all.
That's how most stories go, anyway, tragedy, tragedy, tragedy, with an eventual happy ending.
I mean can anyone here say that they would have preferred it if Jacob had NOT imprinted on Renesmee?
He would have killed her if he hadn't, and then no one would have a happily ever after...
As far as the fight with the Volturi goes, I do agree that maybe they should have fought, because with Zafrina and Bella on their side, the force the Cullens had gathered would almost certainly have utterly destroyed the Volturi, but then again, it does leave the door open for more storyline later on, assuming SM decides to write more (GOD I hope she does!!).
So the fact that Jacob imprinted on Renesmee, that the volturi still exist and are likely calculating other ways to carry out their agendas (I'm thinking by threatening Charlie for his limited knowledge of the supernatural), The garret and kate relationship, the existence of nahuel (was that the other half-breed? i get nahuel and hulien mixed up...), all of these things leave the door open for another book, and perhaps the ending of that one will be wrought with enough tragedy to seem closer to real life for you?
I don't know, I really like BD though...
= )...

oh yeah.
did you really not think that "more" happened between edward and bella on their honeymoon?
I mean, he tore the bedframe apart for crying out loud.. it seemed pretty well implied, if not said straight out, to me..
just curious..
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

oh yeah. I agree with you about bella not being relatable - I am not sure if it was me though :lol: :D
great post by the way. i enjoy them...the long posts are always great.

as for your question.
I don't know. I wasn't paying much attention...i was laughing about the headframe thing the whole time and the pillows. well, i guess I didn't pay enough attention to grasp everything ;)
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

DesiringJB wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:well, i try to be respectful and mature about edward, however distasteful i may find him at times. i tend to expect the same courtesy. obviously there are no restrictions about how you may feel, but there are those about how you may voice said feelings. i don't feel the need to call edward names, nor do i feel that i have the right to do so. i prefer to make constructive use of my first amendment rights. the bottom line is, if you know it's going to offend people, and you could express yourself in a more tasteful manner, why not do so, for the sake of everyone?

SenorGimp, how many times do you think you can use the abbreviation of my name in one post?? haha i'm not being mean, i just kept seeing HOFJ over and over and it started sounding funny. before the awful hacking incident, i used to be known on the jacob thread as hoffjuh.

DesiringJB, i feel ya. every so often i go on a very anti-bella mood, and then i feel bad about it later. she's just so annoying sometimes though.
Well put, HOFJ..And I remember you being referred to as hoffjuh..thats when I use to be 'RunsWithWolves'. Now someone else has that name..

But yeah, I can get VERY frustrated with Bella and rant and rant about how evil she is :evil: THEN later, when I'm much more rational, I feel guilty and can semi justify her actions..

I guess I can be really torn on Bella. One day I want her dead and the next I kinda admire her haha
sorry to double post.
but you're Runswithwolves? ohh i remember you.