Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Bella Swan Cullen #2

Post by leahroselover »

However, I do feel Bella did cheat on Edward, but to me.. Well its not really condemning. It happened when they were both running high on all differenet emotions..fear, anger, desperation, rejection, joy, lust, LOVE, etc...

I dont condemn Jacob for how he got the kiss, nor do I condemn Bella for responding.. And personally, I found the kiss to be hot
Unfortunately in BD we found out that Jacob really was in love with Bella's egg cell.
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

wow, 'des', thank you, i appreciate the praise, but i just really like being able to "voice" my opinions about all of this stuff in a place where i will actually get legitimate feedback, and with an atmosphere that is stimulating and encourages the ongoing (and often escalating) discussion of EVERYONE'S favorite series...
and '...Lover', I gather, or at least i think i do, that you are referring to the fact that Bella will eventually be holding the child whom Jacob imprints upon, and that is the true nature of his love for her?
I've made this point myself, I think in this thread, i'm not really sure, but i also think that jacob did love bella even without the fact that she would eventually mother renesmee, thus providing jacob with the object of his, well maybe not desire yet, but certainly his affection, and definitely his PROtection.. lol
= )...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by leahroselover »

I've made this point myself, I think in this thread, i'm not really sure, but i also think that jacob did love bella even without the fact that she would eventually mother renesmee, thus providing jacob with the object of his, well maybe not desire yet, but certainly his affection, and definitely his PROtection.. lol
I think that Jacob loving Bella's baby and being drawn to Bella because of the cheapened the realtionship
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

In a sense this is true, in that the end result somewhat (ya i guess cheapened is a good word) cheapened the emotional 'goings-on' of New Moon and Eclipse, and even most of Breaking Dawn, but I am, all in all, fairly satisfied with the "happily ever after" that everyone seemed to end up with at the end of Breaking Dawn.

The development of Jacob's character, his love for Bella, and his subsequent bereavement of that love, well I was glad that it didn't have to end with him still suffering in anguish over the unrequited romance he had with Bella, although I WOULD like to see a story, if anyone wanted to write it (maybe I should?), in which Bella chose Jacob instead, and how that would turn out...
And, what if, god this would be ridiculous, what if Edward ended up falling for Bella and Jacob's child, and that was the reason that HE was so drawn to Bella.
What a sick convoluted story THAT would be, lol
Well it is getting late (not that late, but I've been posting on here for, Damn, has it really been almost four hours?) and I think I'm going to curl up with my book (I'm reading a new story, well new to me, anyway, by neil gaiman, called the graveyard book, pretty good so far...) and maybe drift off to sleep for now...
I will be anxiously looking forward to reading all of the posts that will inevitably have made their way to this site while I was relaxing my response-driven vigilance (why can't I keep this simple?!?!), will review the content and post whatever responses I feel to be appropriate, based on the updated subject matter...
-whew-
well goodnight everyone.
see you bright and, um, early afternoon?
lol
= )...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Brilliant - the mount of new pages made.
Ah, you guys had a good discussion J

I wanted to reply. This might be long - excuse me please.

I want to say that I absolutely disagree with literally almost everything (just to speed things up)
Jacob is really unnecessary to me - and in my post where I think I “started” it all. I was talking about Edward not leaving and new moon and eclipse not existing.
Even with new moon existing and eclipse as well - it doesn’t make much of a difference honestly. And let me explain myself - I never got the impression and eclipse never read that by bella giving up Jacob it makes her love for Edward stronger - definitely not.
Another thing is that Jacob has always been used as a literary device time and time again. Another thing is that if Jacob was supposed to show life and represent humanity and represent the life Bella would have had with him - I was honestly especially excepting of Jacob no matter how much he infuriated me - but then breaking dawn comes and it contradicts everything, bella loses nothing - no point to Jacob except that his soul mate is her daughter. I mean don’t get me wrong I love breaking dawn but breaking dawn diminishes the point of Jacob in my eyes.
What comic relief by the way? His sarcastic remarks are beyond annoying.

and yeah, i fully blame bella for everything - her personality doesn't parallel mine. How she acted in eclipse is nothing i would have acted. Lets just say the book would have been about 100 pages - I am more aware of myself than i am with everyone and anything surrounding me. but i am especially intune with almost everyone always too.
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

malaz wrote:Brilliant - the mount of new pages made.
Ah, you guys had a good discussion J

I wanted to reply. This might be long - excuse me please.

I want to say that I absolutely disagree with literally almost everything (just to speed things up)
Jacob is really unnecessary to me - and in my post where I think I “started” it all. I was talking about Edward not leaving and new moon and eclipse not existing.
Even with new moon existing and eclipse as well - it doesn’t make much of a difference honestly. And let me explain myself - I never got the impression and eclipse never read that by bella giving up Jacob it makes her love for Edward stronger - definitely not.
Another thing is that Jacob has always been used as a literary device time and time again. Another thing is that if Jacob was supposed to show life and represent humanity and represent the life Bella would have had with him - I was honestly especially excepting of Jacob no matter how much he infuriated me - but then breaking dawn comes and it contradicts everything, bella loses nothing - no point to Jacob except that his soul mate is her daughter. I mean don’t get me wrong I love breaking dawn but breaking dawn diminishes the point of Jacob in my eyes.
What comic relief by the way? His sarcastic remarks are beyond annoying.

and yeah, i fully blame bella for everything - her personality doesn't parallel mine. How she acted in eclipse is nothing i would have acted. Lets just say the book would have been about 100 pages - I am more aware of myself than i am with everyone and anything surrounding me. but i am especially intune with almost everyone always too.
The fact that after such a build up - in Eclipse of Bella's choice between the two - that she looses absoloutely nothing in Breaking Dawn pretty much spoilt the whole series for me. It didn't seem like someones life, like something that wasn't written by an author but was actually written by the character, or told anyway (we all know how you feel when you particuarly love a book) it seemed like it was written by Stephenie. Not by Bella, it seemed like it was an author's decisive story. (That may not make sense to you XD) It didn't flow, it didn't seem natural, it seemed exactly like Stephenie had thought it up all along to give all her characters the resolution that she thought we all wanted. For them to be happy. When that isn't real life, not by a long shot. Real life is full of misery, and heart-break and pain, not la-di-da sunshine and rainbows, 'my best friend whom I love imprinted on my newly born daughter, and I'm cool with it!' I don't believe that anyone in their right mind would forgive someone for falling for their child, when they've been involved with each other previously. I don't think anyone could bear it, irreguardless of the circumstances because even if you've found your perfect match, it would still hurt to see that happening. It basically just spoilt it all for me. The fact that there wasn't even an ounce of reality in it.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

dazzlingdynamite wrote: The fact that after such a build up - in Eclipse of Bella's choice between the two - that she looses absoloutely nothing in Breaking Dawn pretty much spoilt the whole series for me. It didn't seem like someones life, like something that wasn't written by an author but was actually written by the character, or told anyway (we all know how you feel when you particuarly love a book) it seemed like it was written by Stephenie. Not by Bella, it seemed like it was an author's decisive story. (That may not make sense to you XD) It didn't flow, it didn't seem natural, it seemed exactly like Stephenie had thought it up all along to give all her characters the resolution that she thought we all wanted. For them to be happy. When that isn't real life, not by a long shot. Real life is full of misery, and heart-break and pain, not la-di-da sunshine and rainbows, 'my best friend whom I love imprinted on my newly born daughter, and I'm cool with it!' I don't believe that anyone in their right mind would forgive someone for falling for their child, when they've been involved with each other previously. I don't think anyone could bear it, irreguardless of the circumstances because even if you've found your perfect match, it would still hurt to see that happening. It basically just spoilt it all for me. The fact that there wasn't even an ounce of reality in it.
I see what you mean!
it makes perfect sense and I agree...
What really got me about the story is that there was SO much buildup- and tension... but the climax turned to mush...
not to mention that Stephenie completely defies her own rules and throughout the entire series, we don't have an explanation until afterard, there is no foreshadowing...
like the Volturi, and Bella's pregancy, and the reason the Volturi came back in Breaking Dawn, etc etc
ColormeBSG
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

Lioness Rampant wrote:
dazzlingdynamite wrote: The fact that after such a build up - in Eclipse of Bella's choice between the two - that she looses absoloutely nothing in Breaking Dawn pretty much spoilt the whole series for me. It didn't seem like someones life, like something that wasn't written by an author but was actually written by the character, or told anyway (we all know how you feel when you particuarly love a book) it seemed like it was written by Stephenie. Not by Bella, it seemed like it was an author's decisive story. (That may not make sense to you XD) It didn't flow, it didn't seem natural, it seemed exactly like Stephenie had thought it up all along to give all her characters the resolution that she thought we all wanted. For them to be happy. When that isn't real life, not by a long shot. Real life is full of misery, and heart-break and pain, not la-di-da sunshine and rainbows, 'my best friend whom I love imprinted on my newly born daughter, and I'm cool with it!' I don't believe that anyone in their right mind would forgive someone for falling for their child, when they've been involved with each other previously. I don't think anyone could bear it, irreguardless of the circumstances because even if you've found your perfect match, it would still hurt to see that happening. It basically just spoilt it all for me. The fact that there wasn't even an ounce of reality in it.
I see what you mean!
it makes perfect sense and I agree...
What really got me about the story is that there was SO much buildup- and tension... but the climax turned to mush...
not to mention that Stephenie completely defies her own rules and throughout the entire series, we don't have an explanation until afterard, there is no foreshadowing...
like the Volturi, and Bella's pregancy, and the reason the Volturi came back in Breaking Dawn, etc etc
Phew! I'm glad you understood, I didn't really know how to explain it XD
I know! It would have been better if there was an actual fight of some sort . . . it seemed like such a waste to have all that preperation and then just have nothing happen, have the Volturi think 'oh, well, we'll be nice!' they didn't seem that fearsome to me.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
DesiringJB
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DesiringJB »

Wow, you took the words right from my mouth! I do not like BD.. I adore the first three books, but BD, as you said, seemed unrealistic. Now I know that sounds funny considering the books are full of mythological creatures and such.. But they are believable by the way things happen and the characters react. BD just was so out there! And yeah, everyone got a happy ending, but in the real world, that doesn't happen.. And honestly, Bella gets pregnant?! Come on, Edward is dead! How can he create life?? And Bella just immediately has self control as a vampire? And she soo quickly is able to use her power at such a strong capacity? Plus, Jacob impriting on Renesmee? Cop out! Plus an intense fight scene at end would have been nice.. I know I know.. The book was like the Merchant of Venice..
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

leahroselover wrote:
I think that Jacob loving Bella's baby and being drawn to Bella because of the cheapened the realtionship
it didn't because he wasn't. i'm not sure why you believe this with such certainty. there is NOTHING anywhere that says that.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...